Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
1670 posts

Re: [Opinion] Which Home dog to purchase

May 7, 2013

Kid_Fleetfoot wrote:

I also own the beagle if this is a scientific survey, :smileywink:

Seems to me I remember an avatar outfit that is a dog. I wonder if that works? LOL Or to get a hot dog while walking by the park will get one in? double LOL

I like to THINK of this as a scientific survey, Kid. :smileywink:

And yes, there are a couple of dog suit outfits - if fact, one of my good PSHome friends resorts to putting on her beagle outfit... swear she does it to make me laugh so hard I can't do anything. But, yeah, I don't think you can walk yourself in the Dog Park if you're wearing a dog suit, or a HOT dog suit ... unless you have a VEEMEE dog. (Would be a great easter egg though if you could. If it were summer, then it would be the Dog Days, wouldn't it?) LOL

...Hmmm, I double DOG dare you ... *giggle* :smileylol:

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 53 (266 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

May 7, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

As an owner and fan of Rottweilers, I was really looking forward to the Rotti from Veemee, but not only did they get the tail wrong (they are supposed to be cropped),

Some people see cropping as a cruel practice and do leave the tails long. It is not wrong to leave it this way, they just couldn't compete as show dogs.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 53 (255 Views)
Lombax Warrior
201 posts

[ Edited ]
May 7, 2013

All the dogs are nice, and it seems that the breed is chosen due to appearance.

However, I have noticed that there is a big difference in each breed's behavior.  You may want to consider this when you get a dog.

The shepard is constantly barking animation, and if you sit down it is in your face all the time, aggressively close to you.  This is especially a problem if you are sitting on the ground with another person; the dog will be in your faces, merging with your body parts and the barking animation becomes obnoxious.

The collie is well mannered and stands off to the side, and if you are with someone it makes a much better companion.

Perhaps the owners of other breeds can post here on their observations of the behavior of their dog.  This would help us to choose a dog that we can get along with.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 53 (244 Views)
Fender Bender
1670 posts

[ Edited ]
May 7, 2013

Gilgamesh680 wrote:

All the dogs are nice, and it seems that the breed is chosen due to appearance.

However, I have noticed that there is a big difference in each breed's behavior.  You may want to consider this when you get a dog.

The shepard is constantly barking animation, and if you sit down it is in your face all the time, aggressively close to you.  This is especially a problem if you are sitting on the ground with another person; the dog will be in your faces, merging with your body parts and the barking animation becomes obnoxious.

The collie is well mannered and stands off to the side, and if you are with someone it makes a much better companion.

Perhaps the owners of other breeds can post here on their observations of the behavior of their dog.  This would help us to choose a dog that we can get along with.

Gilgamesh - That is a very good point and something I had not considered before. I guess that was part of the reason why I would like to see each dog either in situ or in a video to see how they move, what they sound like, what their behaviours are. And not for just the six in the Dog Park, but the Wolfhound and Binx as well.  Also, I'm getting the impression that they aren't as loud outside of AMP as they are inside of the space too. Thanks for bringing this up; this is definitely something to keep in mind. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 53 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
975 posts

May 7, 2013

I got the Jack Russel, the animation on it is pretty cool. It's not in your face the whole time, he just walks around ya & does a lil front foot stomp & bark animation, kinda like a puppy does when it wants to investigate something but is too scared lol.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 53 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
201 posts

May 7, 2013
perhaps a clever person will make a video of each breed and post it....
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 53 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4855 posts

May 7, 2013

I bought the German Shepard and I love it. The Rottweiler also looks great. I love the attention to detail with these dogs. They look great when they run, they even have their tongues out and their ears flop up and down haha xD

Legendary_Vicki's SigLegendary_Vicki   Welcoming Committee v2.0 

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 53 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

May 7, 2013

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

I bought the German Shepard and I love it. The Rottweiler also looks great. I love the attention to detail with these dogs. They look great when they run, they even have their tongues out and their ears flop up and down haha xD

+1 for the German Shepherd :smileyembarrassed::smileyvery-happy:

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 53 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

May 8, 2013

MistressLiliana wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

As an owner and fan of Rottweilers, I was really looking forward to the Rotti from Veemee, but not only did they get the tail wrong (they are supposed to be cropped),

Some people see cropping as a cruel practice and do leave the tails long. It is not wrong to leave it this way, they just couldn't compete as show dogs.

Except not only is that extremely rare to ever see a Rotti without a cropped tail, but if VeeMee did that so as not to offend the few that feel that way, then why did they give it shark teeth?  Seems the two are totally contradictory.  Right?  Or is VeeMee suggesting that one should not crop a Rotti's tail... But they should file their teeth into the shape of shark teeth?  Heck, you would think keeping the Rotti's four canine teeth would be menacing enough for most.

So yeah, I'm not buying the idea they didn't crop the tail for political correctness, and a cropped tail, regardless of how some may feel, is correct for the breed... And shark teeth is most definitely not natural or correct for the breed.

DSCN2862b.jpg

Coco RIP (miss you)

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 53 (184 Views)
Sackboy
296 posts

May 8, 2013
I got a Border Collie they are one of my favorite breeds. The other dogs didn't interest me and it kind sucks they force you to buy the rest.
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 53 (175 Views)
0 Likes