Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ghost of Sparta
7542 posts

Re: [Opinion] Which Home dog to purchase

May 5, 2013

JulianMatisse wrote:

I've also seen people post that the Veemee Binx works in the park, as well. I chose the German Shepherd, because I've been wanting one for a while, to match my RL Shepherd, Valkyrie!

You beat me to the punch with the Binx bit Julian.

I wish we could a bulldog and a boxer so they could make me a bullox-er.

Message 11 of 53 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4010 posts

May 5, 2013

goddessbunny42 wrote:

OK - great suggestions/posts so far. And thanks for the correction to. Maybe I've put two ideas in one thread -

1) I really AM looking for a Home dog not necessarily for AMP. Which should I get? Please list a price point as well.

2) OK, seems VEEMEE dogs only work in AMP, including from what I've seen in the other AMP threads Binx and the Wolfhound. Which dog would you suggest?

Keep the posts coming - thanks! :smileylol:

@Jacked-Assassin - omg, I LOVE a good hot dog. Maybe one with onions or other condiments should be on the menu other than the three, hmm ...

Nope, my German Shepherd works everywhere, and I've seen the Wolfhound all throughout home as well, most notably in Peakvox Labs. So you're good there. Also, the one's from Acorn Meadows are essentially FREE, if you haven't already used your 200 acorn entry gift.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 53 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1683 posts

[ Edited ]
May 5, 2013

JulianMatisse wrote:

goddessbunny42 wrote:

OK - great suggestions/posts so far. And thanks for the correction to. Maybe I've put two ideas in one thread -

1) I really AM looking for a Home dog not necessarily for AMP. Which should I get? Please list a price point as well.

2) OK, seems VEEMEE dogs only work in AMP, including from what I've seen in the other AMP threads Binx and the Wolfhound. Which dog would you suggest?

Keep the posts coming - thanks! :smileylol:

@Jacked-Assassin - omg, I LOVE a good hot dog. Maybe one with onions or other condiments should be on the menu other than the three, hmm ...

Nope, my German Shepherd works everywhere, and I've seen the Wolfhound all throughout home as well, most notably in Peakvox Labs. So you're good there. Also, the one's from Acorn Meadows are essentially FREE, if you haven't already used your 200 acorn entry gift.

Ugh ... thx Julian ... I really meant the Dog Park in AMP. :smileyhappy:  And because of my limited income ... park food (hot dogs, ice cream and coffee) or dog or bike (when that works properly again)? I honestly don't know the best use of my free acorns too ... :smileysad: (but that should really be a different thread) EDIT - link to thread included btw

Message 13 of 53 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1004 posts

[ Edited ]
May 6, 2013

Goddess : Use your initial free 200 Acorns to get a dog. Then stay in the dogpark for 30 minutes. One, or both of those actions will level you up, earning you Acorns to spend on other comestibles.

The races are easy ways to get points.

Since the hotdoggers, 3 bite cones, and cafe are relativey cheap, the races are the fast and easy way to go to pay for them.

Otherwise, buy a doggie that makes you smile.

I got a Rottweiler, 'cause in RL, I have dobermans. His name is Bobby.

The verbal command for attack is "lunch", and the hand signal for perv alert disposal is the thumbs down emote.

photo the_Lil.jpg
Message 14 of 53 (308 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3955 posts

May 5, 2013

I got the Rottweiler just cuz it reminds me ot GTA5

facebook.com/gamer316
Message 15 of 53 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1683 posts

May 5, 2013

Lil_The_Pill wrote:

Goddess : Use your initial free 200 Acorns to get a dog. Then stay in the dogpark for 30 minutes. One, or both of those actions will level you up, earning you Acorns to spend on other comestibles.

The races are easy ways to get 20, 26, and 34 points per race. (10, 13, 17 rings).

Since the hotdoggers, 3 bite cones, and cafe are relativey cheap, the races are the fast and easy way to go to pay for them.

Otherwise, buy a doggie that makes you smile.

I got a Rottweiler, 'cause in RL, I have dobermans. His name is Bobby.

The verbal command for attack is "lunch", and the hand signal for perv alert disposal is the thumbs down emote.

omg - LOVE it, lil!!! *lunch, lunch ... grrr LUNCH* I can see this too well ... ROFLMAO :smileylol:

And thank you very much for your helpful input (even though the 13 and 17 ring races are giving me 20 and 30 point respectively). :smileyvery-happy:

Message 16 of 53 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

May 5, 2013
I ended up getting the Jack Russell and named him Wishbone, just like the old tv show of the talking Jack Russell who was a detective lol :smileyhappy: Most people I see own the German Shepherd and Highland Terrier so I wanted to be different. But the Jack Russell is so cute and the perfect size for those dog lovers who don't want a huge dog but not too small either... He's just right :smileyhappy:
Message 17 of 53 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

May 5, 2013

I got the Jack Russel too. I think the Border Collie and the Terrier have the cutest idle animations, though. The Border Collie licks it's paw and the Terrier chases it's tail. I got the Jack Russel because my mom has a ton of them, my grandmother has one too.

Message 18 of 53 (280 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2852 posts

May 5, 2013
:^/ I settled for the German Shepard, though I really wanted a Siberian Husky. Still, they may add more later.
Message 19 of 53 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2451 posts

May 5, 2013

I have a VEEMEE dog Binx and it counts in Acorn Doggie Park section. I got credit with a message in the dog park giving the name Binx so Bink is an extra I guess. 

I bought a dog at the Acorn Doggie vendor and it also works in other areas from private to public. 

I have no idea if other VEEMEE creatures if there are any work in Acorn Meadows.

Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
trolling is for fishing, not the forums

Message 20 of 53 (267 Views)
0 Likes