Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 11 2013
By: Sakerio Lombax Warrior 130 posts

Open letter to PSHome Management & Sony

18 replies 391 views Edited Jun 11, 2013

I want to start by saying congratulations on the wonderful butt-kicking E3 press conference Sony. You pretty much delivered a "home run" on all expectations, almost.

I want to follow that statement with a bit of honesty on my personal feelings. I KNOW that E3 has just begun, and more announcements are on the way, I KNOW all the various reasons why Home has not been acknowledged, but I KNOW that the Home base of customers, regardless of size, income, have been a loyal base. For years. I don't think it is unreasonable for us to expect that that loyalty be addressed in some fashion, along with all the other items you have thus far acknowledged.

Will I buy a PS4? Of course! All of my major concerns have been addressed. So regardless of Home I'll continue to be loyal. But as I stated a month or so ago, I won't throw money at Home until you at least acknowledge me.

The whole point of this "letter" is simply to say, even if you announce Home's future status today, you have done us, your loyal fan base on Home, a disservice by default if nothing else. I'm a Sony gamer, and probably always will be, but it was Home that got me there.:heart:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 19 (391 Views)
Survivor
1312 posts

Re: Open letter to PSHome Management & Sony

Jun 11, 2013

Sakerio wrote:

I want to start by saying congratulations on the wonderful butt-kicking E3 press conference Sony. You pretty much delivered a "home run" on all expectations, almost.

I want to follow that statement with a bit of honesty on my personal feelings. I KNOW that E3 has just begun, and more announcements are on the way, I KNOW all the various reasons why Home has not been acknowledged, but I KNOW that the Home base of customers, regardless of size, income, have been a loyal base. For years. I don't think it is unreasonable for us to expect that that loyalty be addressed in some fashion, along with all the other items you have thus far acknowledged.

Will I buy a PS4? Of course! All of my major concerns have been addressed. So regardless of Home I'll continue to be loyal. But as I stated a month or so ago, I won't throw money at Home until you at least acknowledge me.

The whole point of this "letter" is simply to say, even if you announce Home's future status today, you have done us, your loyal fan base on Home, a disservice by default if nothing else. I'm a Sony gamer, and probably always will be, but it was Home that got me there.:heart:

I too am a loyal Sony fan not only of PS and the games they offer, but of other Sony products as well.

I truly want to hear about HOME and it's future and I'm really disappointed that Sony has not even given us a tiny idea of what that future is if any.

Talk about the silent treatment :smileymad:

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 19 (383 Views)
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Jun 11, 2013

Exactly, the silence is really the sad part. I mean even a note saying "We are going to make an announcement....."  would have at least let us know Home users were not forgotten entirely.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 19 (345 Views)
Sackboy
387 posts

Jun 11, 2013

I'm not one to say gameover until I know forsure but this IMO seems to be a case of if someone at sony opens there mouth then they are fired ,I have seen this kind of thing happen before (I hope my gut is wrong).

The way I see it is , if they tell us home will not be on ps4 or home will be shutdown soon then they lose money along with the Devs who create the content and i'm sure there contracts involved as well which is why there has been no word on this ,just an opinion.

The way I see it is , they have many who have left or stopped spending money on home while waiting and asking if home will be on the ps4 or continue for awhile on the ps3 ,if they knew without a doubt it was nt going anywhere they would have said something by now to insure they don't lose more of the home fanbase.

For example , if folks were asking is there going to be a Madden this year EA would be quick to let everyone know there will be (there is a mode in madden that people spend alot of money on) I know this might a crap example but its early haha.

As always ,just an opinion and not trying to be negative ,only speaking what I feel and see.

Have a great day :smileyhappy:

Twitter- @ALEXELWAY7

Youtube - ALEXELWAY
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 19 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Jun 11, 2013

I agree with the points made, and you are likely correct, which makes the disservice to Home fan base even worse.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 19 (288 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
761 posts

Jun 11, 2013
@ALEX yeah i think most people can see the writing on the wall so to speak. They're trying not to panic people and keep them buying for as long as they can...i think as well..just a guess.

I don't wanna sound like wetblanketchampion but it don't look good to me. I guess just enjoy it while its around. Who knows...maybe we're wrong and Home will last another 3 yrs or who knows..make it to the ps4. The only thing we know for sure is the people that do know aren't talking.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 19 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2865 posts

Jun 11, 2013
They'd never tell you when it's closing til the last minute to ensure sales. What they can at least be nice enough to tell us is if we will still get to play Home on the PS3 for a while.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: There is no new news to share at this time.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 19 (270 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29075 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

Sakerio wrote:

I agree with the points made, and you are likely correct, which makes the disservice to Home fan base even worse.

You should have answers by the end of the week. I would look for news on Friday after E3. 

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 19 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Jun 11, 2013

Hi Jo!

I appreciate the update, but it should have been acknowledged, in some form, long before now. And from Sony or management. But thank you for saying something with a date.

Much Love,

Sak

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 19 (260 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29075 posts

Jun 11, 2013

Sakerio wrote:

Hi Jo!

I appreciate the update, but it should have been acknowledged, in some form, long before now. And from Sony or management. But thank you for saying something with a date.

Much Love,

Sak

Well it's really hard to say how long our Home Digital Management team has known about any formal decision. I do know that much relating to PS4 has been held very close to the vest even for those who work at Sony.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 19 (246 Views)
0 Likes