Jan 29 2013
By: Crazy-88 Gaming Beast 1947 posts

Open Home graphicsdesigners/artists call

14 replies 296 views Edited Jan 29, 2013

Hey folks, for those who remember the tournament run by The Kuma Klub earlier this month, it was the first one we've done and as such was a bit... lackluster, and spread by word of mouth & this forum, for lack of a 'press packet' to send to other sites. :smileytongue: I am making an open call to people interested in helping draft up ideas/designs for a club logo. I'll be taking images people come up with and having a meeting with the club to mix n match ideas people like into a final design.

The premise is simple, just a title logo that can be sent with tournament/event information to head articles for the info. or top 'fliers' for the events. Most people like shiney things, so I figure if there's a nice shiney logo, there might be bigger crowds, bigger prizes, etc. :smileytongue: More attention means more to make, amirite? lol

The basic idea is at this link right here for those interested. Simply PM me on the XMB, use the email attached to that facebook page, or post a link in the comments of the album.

Bonus points for anybody who can incorporate the old show BattleBots ish design w/ the MiniBots weapons. A good number of the club members remember the show, so they'd love the 'throwback' robotic theme. lol

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 1 of 15 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Re: Open Home graphicsdesigners/artists call

Jan 29, 2013

So basically you want someone to design a logo for you for free?

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 2 of 15 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

There are people in  business looking to cheat commerical designers out of pay or push with extra work. I do not like these kind of people. My friend was almost cheated out of pay when they tried to push extra work on her. While others try to steal from us, forcing many to sew or make legal binding contracts because of this. This shameless thing isn't worth tolerating, which happens constantly.

Colour is the key. The eye is the hammer. The soul is the piano with its many chords. The artist is the hand that, by touching this or that key, sets the soul vibrating automatically. - Wassily Kandinsky

Message 3 of 15 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

It's an open call, not a job listing. If someone wanted their design only under premise of pay, then obviously I'm too broke to afford it. There are users who do graphics design in their spare time, as a hobby, or maybe even taking classes, where they could kill 2 birds with one stone and make the logo and a classroom grade for it. I could possibly toss some Jug Tokens to whoever makes the final design. The point though is this is supposed to be a community, so making a 'free request' isn't a crime. I'm not profiting off the club, ask the tournament participants who got prizes paid for out of my own Jug Token pockets.

The club members will be taking the visuals people make and giving suggestions on what they want to see in a final logo, so no, I'm definently not paying each drafter for their design. Since text can only explain the idea so far, I'm trying to give them stuff to look at to make better suggestions for a quality logo.

Seraphim, I never claimed to be a business. This is a Home club, not some profiteering racket. >.> Calm down. There's not even a contract creator for Home. lol

Stardust, stop trolling every thread I make.

Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 4 of 15 (243 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Jan 29, 2013

I'm not trolling, I'm looking out for creative types. I would have made the same reply had someone else posted the same topic.

If you want a third party to design your logo, it's only fair that you compensate them for their work.

Message 5 of 15 (207 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29239 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

StardustChampion wrote:

I'm not trolling, I'm looking out for creative types. I would have made the same reply had someone else posted the same topic.

If you want a third party to design your logo, it's only fair that you compensate them for their work.

They are those who might want to volunteer. Users do that frequently for lots of things. I suspect there may be someone who might have fun doing it and it's really up to them. 

Message 6 of 15 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16554 posts

Jan 29, 2013

StardustChampion wrote:

We can't do that here, buy or selling is prohibited. The OP just wants a logo.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 7 of 15 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Jan 29, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

StardustChampion wrote:

They are those who might want to volunteer. Users do that frequently for lots of things. I suspect there may be someone who might have fun doing it and it's really up to them. 

I'm not against charity. I'm just reminding people that time and talent are worth real world currency (or at the very least, a $10 PSN card).

If someone wants to do it for free, good for her.

Message 8 of 15 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16554 posts

Jan 29, 2013
Was it really that important to remind us?
Anyone who has common knowledge knows this.

crazy-88 I hope it works out for you.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 9 of 15 (174 Views)
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

Stardust, all you've done is throw dirt to troll every thread I make and derail it, under some feigned concern for people you would never bother with otherwise. You know full well there are sites like DeviantArt and communities all over that make public requests for those with artistic talent to give some help with ideas, purely under the premise of helping neighbors of a community, and not for profit, so if I chose to ask Home members the same, it's not any different.

Although I appreciate the Jer & Jo's concern on proving my point, which I'm thankful for, it's case and point that you've done nothing but throw any wrench you can into making a thread become a off-railed lock.

So to Jer, Jo, and others who have sense to read this thread beyond Stardust's 'concern' trash trolling, thanks for any support with the project. I hope if a good logo comes of this, better tournaments can be hosted in the future for us all to enjoy because of the attention it may bring.

Message 10 of 15 (173 Views)