Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
468 posts

Re: Okubi Hunting Discussion (NA)

[ Edited ]
Sep 6, 2013

YAY! I made a crappy video (well, crappy because it's a webcam--otherwise the moves are pretty sweet) of the Okubi Hunt during Obon. Nothing's different as far as I can tell. Wish I would have gotten the ending with the two Red Ogres but whatever.

On a side note: while I was uploading this, I stumbled upon a JP user's video of the Okubi event where my AVI IS IN THE LOBBY. (It's really funny because even though there's no labels visible, I KNOW it's mine--I'm the only one that wears that 500 yen winter kimono in Edo with the summer hat and uses a ninja sword). Small world. LOL.

Club: Nachtmere
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 93 (340 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Sep 11, 2013

This week's reward is live:

Hanging Scroll with Calligraphy ("One Shot One Kill")!

It's another lame wall hanging.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 93 (268 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3623 posts

Sep 11, 2013

It's a lot bigger than I imagined.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 93 (243 Views)
Wastelander
468 posts

Sep 11, 2013

The Okubi rewards have been resetting on Tuesday night around 12:00 AM Central time (for me). It usually happens before the update. Maybe they are time-locked and not dependent on the update. At least, that's what I'm assuming.

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 93 (240 Views)
Fender Bender
1590 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 11, 2013

Welp, squeeked one session of Okubi Hunting in right before Sony maint kicked me off and got week four's wall hanging. Which can only mean the last Okubi Hunting rewards is this:

Spoiler
Okubi Doll

Actually, it's quite refreshing to not have to deal with a Leaderboard. And even though I like this event, I think the aiming on the gun can be SO much more improved (I hate when the game assumes my target and my crosshairs are NOT aiming at what I'm trying to shoot at). Otherwise, GZ's really done a good job with their events in Home this year!  :smileyvery-happy:

EDIT: Yes, every time I persue the next week's reward in Okubi Hunting before Sony Maint, I've actually gotten it after 12 Midnight ET. So, it is actually dependent on the console's time zone, just like with Fossil Hunting in on Southern Island.

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 93 (212 Views)
Wastelander
468 posts

Sep 11, 2013

They saved the best for last, IMO. That will make a very nice Halloween item for my Cutteridge Clubhouse.

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 93 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4453 posts

Sep 11, 2013

goddessbunny42 wrote:

Welp, squeeked one session of Okubi Hunting in right before Sony maint kicked me off and got week four's wall hanging. Which can only mean the last Okubi Hunting rewards is this:

Spoiler
Okubi Doll

Actually, it's quite refreshing to not have to deal with a Leaderboard. And even though I like this event, I think the aiming on the gun can be SO much more improved (I hate when the game assumes my target and my crosshairs are NOT aiming at what I'm trying to shoot at). Otherwise, GZ's really done a good job with their events in Home this year!  :smileyvery-happy:

EDIT: Yes, every time I persue the next week's reward in Okubi Hunting before Sony Maint, I've actually gotten it after 12 Midnight ET. So, it is actually dependent on the console's time zone, just like with Fossil Hunting in on Southern Island.

We might get the Okubi Doll reward or we might not get it at all. When the Okubi Doll reward was being giving out in the EU region, the Japan region got a different reward. Japan Home never got the Okubi Doll reward. We'll just have to wait and see which reward we get, the one EU got or the one Japan got.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/GZ-Okubi-in-Edo-JP/m-p/41303909#M1277743

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/GZ-Okubi-in-Edo-JP/td-p/41189425/page/3

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 93 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1590 posts

Sep 11, 2013

ooOHinataOoo wrote:

goddessbunny42 wrote:

Spoiler
Okubi Doll

We might get the Okubi Doll reward or we might not get it at all. When the Okubi Doll reward was being giving out in the EU region, the Japan region got a different reward. Japan Home never got the Okubi Doll reward. We'll just have to wait and see which reward we get, the one EU got or the one Japan got.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/GZ-Okubi-in-Edo-JP/m-p/41303909#M1277743

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/GZ-Okubi-in-Edo-JP/td-p/41189425/page/3

Interesting .. I like both rewards, actually. If US gets the Okubi heads, the would be creepy, yet super awesome for Halloween. However, I quite like having the female gunfighter figurine as well.

In any case, which ever reward is release on the 5th week of Okubi Hunting, I'll see to it that the correct one is listed on AZ4's Okubi Hunting event page.

Thanks for the head's up, Hina! :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 93 (180 Views)
Welcoming Committee
8892 posts

Sep 11, 2013
i want both rewards for my NA doll collection :smileysad:
Support Forums
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 93 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4453 posts

Sep 11, 2013

goddessbunny42 wrote:

ooOHinataOoo wrote:

goddessbunny42 wrote:

Spoiler
Okubi Doll

Interesting .. I like both rewards, actually. If US gets the Okubi heads, the would be creepy, yet super awesome for Halloween. However, I quite like having the female gunfighter figurine as well.

In any case, which ever reward is release on the 5th week of Okubi Hunting, I'll see to it that the correct one is listed on AZ4's Okubi Hunting event page.

Thanks for the head's up, Hina! :smileyvery-happy:

You're welcome, Bunny. :womanhappy: I'm hoping we get the Okubi Doll reward. I like that reward more that the female gunfighter, and also the Okubi Doll reward is awesome. :womanhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 93 (173 Views)
0 Likes