PlayStation MVP
3413 posts

Re: Okubi Hunting Discussion (NA)

Aug 21, 2013
You get it when you reach the pillar of light and complete the game.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 93 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Aug 21, 2013

ITCOB1 wrote:
How do you earn the reward? Do you purchase it with earned ryo from completed games?

so far it only give you Tea Kettle Odokuro after my second and third time playthough no more reward until next week

p.s. I going to post picture of new okubi samurai outfit soon

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 93 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5254 posts

Aug 21, 2013

Any benefits to using particular armor for this one?

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 93 (406 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Aug 21, 2013

HearItWow wrote:

Any benefits to using particular armor for this one?

far as I know not really the one eye dragon (Dokuganryu) armor is still the best

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 93 (377 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3413 posts

Aug 21, 2013
Not sure on armour as I don't have any. I've just been using the outfit that came with the rifle bundle.
I was told however that if you use the Dokuganryu armour along with the club, you'll only need 6 or 7 swipes to take out the Okubi. Not sure how it effects other weapons.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 93 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
407 posts

Aug 21, 2013

I would use full ninja gear with the ninja sword. Also, some projectiles would really help. The armor is pretty weak, but with a Stealth Level of 7 or higher, you get the full-range of ninja skills, including a multi-hit jump attack that is a MUST HAVE if you're not buying the gun. The Setsubun beans are awesome against the exploding skulls. Just find where they are first and take them out at a distance. They mostly line the main thoroughfaire (the street going straight back as it looks when you appear in the game), but there's a couple in the row house area too. Next, I would take out the lanterns, because their little fireballs hurt, but worse, they stun you. After you've got a clear shot at the Okubi heads, go at it. If you've got the ninja jump attack, you can stand under them and whale on them, just watch for them to drop, because that hurts REALLY REALLY bad.

Otherwise, it's like Light said: Figure out their moves and positions and use whatever weapon suits you. No guts, no glory!

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 93 (374 Views)
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Aug 21, 2013

pheonixgate1 wrote:

I would use full ninja gear with the ninja sword. Also, some projectiles would really help. The armor is pretty weak, but with a Stealth Level of 7 or higher, you get the full-range of ninja skills, including a multi-hit jump attack that is a MUST HAVE if you're not buying the gun. The Setsubun beans are awesome against the exploding skulls. Just find where they are first and take them out at a distance. They mostly line the main thoroughfaire (the street going straight back as it looks when you appear in the game), but there's a couple in the row house area too. Next, I would take out the lanterns, because their little fireballs hurt, but worse, they stun you. After you've got a clear shot at the Okubi heads, go at it. If you've got the ninja jump attack, you can stand under them and whale on them, just watch for them to drop, because that hurts REALLY REALLY bad.

Otherwise, it's like Light said: Figure out their moves and positions and use whatever weapon suits you. No guts, no glory!

Still the fog on this event make you hard to see

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 93 (371 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3413 posts

Aug 21, 2013
I was having my doubts about the rifle but I really like using it now. Makes the game more of a cakewalk than it already is.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 93 (355 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4464 posts

Aug 21, 2013

I recorded gameplay of the Okubi Hunting game

KANE-FIRE

Twitter       Welcoming Committee       Youtube

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 93 (326 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3413 posts

Aug 22, 2013
Anyone else really enjoy the music that plays during the mission?
Granzella always seems to have really awesome music for their events.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 93 (291 Views)