Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
2732 posts

Re: OUTRAGE: Religion Has Creeped Into PS HOME! Remove this item!

Sep 4, 2013

oOAngelicOneOo Announced:

As a staunch, feminist aetheist, I was floored when I saw these outfits::

Religion??? In Playstation Home? 

This is an outrage and I cannot believe Playstation Home has caved in to the religious zealots who want to push religion in every aspect. It is unspeakable and I was under the presumption that Home specifically banned religion from Home. 

Home has taken a side already and is promoting content pushing its values and beliefs on people like ME who do not believe in a diety and never want to. But...I am exposed to this. 

I had my mouth shut when Home brought Christmas trees in Home. Then when Home brought that wedding chapel. But now that users can roleplay and dress as priests/nuns and go about preaching and creating little missionaries thumbing their noses on "non-believers" and calling people out on their sins. I have given up ALL hope that Home would refrain from going down a dark hole (see: Dark Ages).

Again, as a feminist aethist I am all for promoting PROGRESS, not REGRESSION. It is ONLY thanks to secularism I am even able to speak out and voice my opinion. 

This wasnt even USA content. It was brought over by another country. A country that hasnt evolved intellectually to embrace secularism. Is this even legal???

I would like to hear from the developers of this. And possibly this content be removed temporarily until this matter is fully looked into by a neutral 3rd party. People who bought this (I cannot even fathom the fools that would) , can be compensated.

Thank you for reading this. 

P.S. Before you knock my name for having "angelic" in it, "angelic" has more than one religious meaning, meaning "beautiful."  No I dont believe in angels. =P

:^/ Where do I begin?

In the US, our Constitution's First Ammendment protects your right to speak out and voice your opinion, just as it protects mine, and Peakvox's. And for the record, the folks who wrote, proposed, and ratified the Bill of Rights into the Constitution were not secularists. Far from it, they had very strong religious beliefs, including their belief in God-given civil rights for everyone, which the Bill of Rights was written to protect. You would do well to learn from their example.

And how come your first thought to protect your civil right to your own religious belief involves the immediate suppression of others' civil rights to their beliefs?

Please use plain text.
Message 91 of 116 (211 Views)
Sackboy
416 posts

Sep 4, 2013

Religious garb doesn't bug me.  If someone solicits me, I look to my precious Ignore button for guidance.

Please use plain text.
Message 92 of 116 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1838 posts

Sep 4, 2013

Danger_Dad wrote:

oOAngelicOneOo Announced:

As a staunch, feminist aetheist, I was floored when I saw these outfits::

Religion??? In Playstation Home? 

This is an outrage and I cannot believe Playstation Home has caved in to the religious zealots who want to push religion in every aspect. It is unspeakable and I was under the presumption that Home specifically banned religion from Home. 

Home has taken a side already and is promoting content pushing its values and beliefs on people like ME who do not believe in a diety and never want to. But...I am exposed to this. 

I had my mouth shut when Home brought Christmas trees in Home. Then when Home brought that wedding chapel. But now that users can roleplay and dress as priests/nuns and go about preaching and creating little missionaries thumbing their noses on "non-believers" and calling people out on their sins. I have given up ALL hope that Home would refrain from going down a dark hole (see: Dark Ages).

Again, as a feminist aethist I am all for promoting PROGRESS, not REGRESSION. It is ONLY thanks to secularism I am even able to speak out and voice my opinion. 

This wasnt even USA content. It was brought over by another country. A country that hasnt evolved intellectually to embrace secularism. Is this even legal???

I would like to hear from the developers of this. And possibly this content be removed temporarily until this matter is fully looked into by a neutral 3rd party. People who bought this (I cannot even fathom the fools that would) , can be compensated.

Thank you for reading this. 

P.S. Before you knock my name for having "angelic" in it, "angelic" has more than one religious meaning, meaning "beautiful."  No I dont believe in angels. =P

:^/ Where do I begin?

In the US, our Constitution's First Ammendment protects your right to speak out and voice your opinion, just as it protects mine, and Peakvox's. And for the record, the folks who wrote, proposed, and ratified the Bill of Rights into the Constitution were not secularists. Far from it, they had very strong religious beliefs, including their belief in God-given civil rights for everyone, which the Bill of Rights was written to protect. You would do well to learn from their example.

And how come your first thought to protect your civil right to your own religious belief involves the immediate suppression of others' civil rights to their beliefs?

First, I'm not from that constitution. World is a big place. Much bigger than some part of north america.

Second. Because religious rights somehow always outrun free will rights. And some of us are tired of that.

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Please use plain text.
Message 93 of 116 (179 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25740 posts

Sep 4, 2013

I'm looking forward to the Holiday Season. 

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 94 of 116 (173 Views)
Survivor
1317 posts

Sep 4, 2013

How Come the OP never complained about devil horns and halo's? Time to get off that soapbox imo

Please use plain text.
Message 95 of 116 (157 Views)
Survivor
1838 posts

Sep 4, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

I wish you the best of winter solstice :smileyhappy:

It is a time of "rejoice" (Sorry my english fail me here)

.. and it been for over 3000 years.

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Please use plain text.
Message 96 of 116 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11198 posts

Sep 4, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

LOLWUT?

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

Please use plain text.
Message 97 of 116 (153 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
628 posts

Sep 4, 2013

I ran to buy the nun outfit for my female avatar the moment I saw.  The vast major of stuff I buy on Home is for my male avatar, but I made an exception for the nun outfit.  Now, female avatar, Brooke, has tgotten in the habit of wearing it all the time, she's even taken a vow of poverty, which is a relief since it means I don't have spend as much money on

her.

flying nun.jpg

Flying Nun

Please use plain text.
Message 98 of 116 (141 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29160 posts

Sep 4, 2013

hellokittyxo wrote:

How Come the OP never complained about devil horns and halo's? Time to get off that soapbox imo

The devil made me do it. nuh huh! :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 99 of 116 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1325 posts

Sep 4, 2013
Impressive troll is impressive .

:smileysurprised:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Do you remember what today is , Jack?"
Please use plain text.
Message 100 of 116 (129 Views)
0 Likes