Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Last Guardian
11308 posts

Re: OUTRAGE: Religion Has Creeped Into PS HOME! Remove this item!

Sep 4, 2013

meanwhile in Diablo III

2013-09-04-132448.jpg

2013-09-04-132524.jpg

2013-09-04-132545.jpg

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 116 (286 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6875 posts

Sep 4, 2013

oOAngelicOneOo wrote:

As a staunch, feminist aetheist, I was floored when I saw these outfits::

Religion??? In Playstation Home? 

This is an outrage and I cannot believe Playstation Home has caved in to the religious zealots who want to push religion in every aspect. It is unspeakable and I was under the presumption that Home specifically banned religion from Home. 

Home has taken a side already and is promoting content pushing its values and beliefs on people like ME who do not believe in a diety and never want to. But...I am exposed to this. 

I had my mouth shut when Home brought Christmas trees in Home. Then when Home brought that wedding chapel. But now that users can roleplay and dress as priests/nuns and go about preaching and creating little missionaries thumbing their noses on "non-believers" and calling people out on their sins. I have given up ALL hope that Home would refrain from going down a dark hole (see: Dark Ages).

Again, as a feminist aethist I am all for promoting PROGRESS, not REGRESSION. It is ONLY thanks to secularism I am even able to speak out and voice my opinion. 

This wasnt even USA content. It was brought over by another country. A country that hasnt evolved intellectually to embrace secularism. Is this even legal???

I would like to hear from the developers of this. And possibly this content be removed temporarily until this matter is fully looked into by a neutral 3rd party. People who bought this (I cannot even fathom the fools that would) , can be compensated.

Thank you for reading this. 

P.S. Before you knock my name for having "angelic" in it, "angelic" has more than one religious meaning, meaning "beautiful."  No I dont believe in angels. =P

oOAngelicOneOo, just because there are people you see on Home with those nun-like outfits doesn't mean they're going push their religious beliefs on you or anyone else. 

How come you are for social progress yet you decide to have the developers who made them removed? It seems hypocritical of you to say that.

Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 116 (264 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1310 posts

Sep 4, 2013

younginflavor18 wrote:

oOAngelicOneOo wrote:

This is an outrage and I cannot believe Playstation Home has caved in to the religious zealots who want to push religion in every aspect. It is unspeakable and I was under the presumption that Home specifically banned religion from Home. 

Home has taken a side already and is promoting content pushing its values and beliefs on people like ME who do not believe in a diety and never want to. But...I am exposed to this. 

I had my mouth shut when Home brought Christmas trees in Home. Then when Home brought that wedding chapel. But now that users can roleplay and dress as priests/nuns and go about preaching and creating little missionaries thumbing their noses on "non-believers" and calling people out on their sins. I have given up ALL hope that Home would refrain from going down a dark hole (see: Dark Ages).

Again, as a feminist aethist I am all for promoting PROGRESS, not REGRESSION. It is ONLY thanks to secularism I am even able to speak out and voice my opinion. 

This wasnt even USA content. It was brought over by another country. A country that hasnt evolved intellectually to embrace secularism. Is this even legal???

I would like to hear from the developers of this. And possibly this content be removed temporarily until this matter is fully looked into by a neutral 3rd party. People who bought this (I cannot even fathom the fools that would) , can be compensated.

P.S. Before you knock my name for having "angelic" in it, "angelic" has more than one religious meaning, meaning "beautiful."  No I dont believe in angels. =P

oOAngelicOneOo, just because there are people you see on Home with those nun-like outfits doesn't mean they're going push their religious beliefs on you or anyone else. 

How come you are for social progress yet you decide to have the developers who made them removed? It seems hypocritical of you to say that.

Social development comes with the freedom of choice. Not the taylored lifstyle of the individual...

Everyone has standards or more noble beliefs which nulls hypocrinism..such as yours or mine.

Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 116 (254 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6124 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2013

Mod you can delete this

I have nothing more to add to this thread,

and this posted instead of cancelled,,,

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 116 (249 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1016 posts

Sep 4, 2013

oOAngelicOneOo wrote:

hi all and op i personal im fine with this on home as long as know one force reglion on me on home or tryes to get me to join any such thing im ok with it.

Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 116 (239 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3512 posts

Sep 4, 2013

oOAngelicOneOo wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

You certainly don't have to try and control the content that is released here based on your personal beliefs. 

As a feminist aetheist, I feel it IS my duty to fight against such injustices and not play passive in this .

There can be no diversity when there's religion. That's the whole point of it. Religion aims to engineer people into believing in a faith that cannot be explained logically or defended by concrete evidence.

I see where you stand on this. And so theres no talking to  -_-

Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 116 (208 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4861 posts

Sep 4, 2013

ralahinn1 wrote:

These nun outfits MUST be brought to America now and I want to see a ruler as a hand item( lol, you have to be a certain age to know what I mean).

They are already in NA, they have been for 2 or 3 weeks now. :smileyhappy:

Legendary_Vicki's SigLegendary_Vicki   Welcoming Committee v2.0 

Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 116 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1838 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2013

I must say I had same kind of reaction as OP when I saw these items. Althou certainly not as over the top reaction.

Preachers and beleivers already have more than enough rights and tools in the real world. Don't want them in my little escape PsHome is.

Bring a little something to one of them and next thing you know you'll have half a dozen more requesting their own with lawyers and lots of money. Human right charts beeing wath they are.. They'll have it.

Sure I don't have to buy them if I don't want... 

1st.   I could'nt get access to specific bonus they grant.

2nd.  It won't stop "preachers" to harrass peoples and me.

Sony did a good job keeping Home religion free so far. Let's keep it that way.

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 116 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

Sep 4, 2013

I just defiled the nun outfit with the Konami revealing bathrobe,  oh and demon horns.  Post pic later....

Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 116 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2013

oOAngelicOneOo wrote:

What the.................?

Am I..........

Wait, this can't ..........

*Breath Hammer!!!! ----------   BREATH!!!!!!!!*

Before I get livid.........

*Intermission*

Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 116 (152 Views)