Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
796 posts

Re: North American Home Collapsing?...

Nov 3, 2013

GM0530 wrote:

I know a few people who play EU home and they tell me it has just as many problems as NA  so the management there isnt much better if at all.

Technical problem wise, I think any Home is the same. But management of content and users, I think EU is slightly doing it better than US does. US is just a lawless area where you can do almost anything and keep doing it.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 32 (192 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25625 posts

Nov 3, 2013

nagon111 wrote:

US is just a lawless area where you can do almost anything and keep doing it.

Those are encouraging words for the OP.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 32 (186 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29117 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 3, 2013

asfghjklEU wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

GM0530 wrote:

Enough already on the Home doomsday predictions on here please!! Lets enjoy what we have while we have it. If you look on Alphazone btw you'll see NA has had more Total items then any other region. You asked what we all thought and this is my opinion. If Home does come to PS4 and I hope it does they will be more focused on getting it up and running and less on any PS3 Home redesign sad but true!

Exacty. NA Home is the best Home and has been for quite some time. 

More items doesn't really mean it's the best. It just makes inventory blotted. Management I think is the worst in NA which is killing Home in general.

You're entitled to your view. I've been to all the Homes and have been for years. I don't see the value in the others and for me NA is the best. I don't visit other regions now for the most part. And sorry I think Paul Sullivan is an awesome manager who is engaging the community here and is doing so in a way that will make a difference.

NA Home is certainly not collapsing. All of the regions have their good and bad.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 32 (184 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29117 posts

Nov 3, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

nagon111 wrote:

US is just a lawless area where you can do almost anything and keep doing it.

Those are encouraging words for the OP.

Well truth be told Japan Home has been a lot better at punishing abusers. I don't think the EU or NA could match what they do. 

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 32 (173 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Nov 3, 2013

OP...if you don't support NA, you're a commie. 

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 32 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
443 posts

Nov 3, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

asfghjklEU wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

GM0530 wrote:

Enough already on the Home doomsday predictions on here please!! Lets enjoy what we have while we have it. If you look on Alphazone btw you'll see NA has had more Total items then any other region. You asked what we all thought and this is my opinion. If Home does come to PS4 and I hope it does they will be more focused on getting it up and running and less on any PS3 Home redesign sad but true!

More items doesn't really mean it's the best. It just makes inventory blotted. Management I think is the worst in NA which is killing Home in general.

You're entitled to your view. I've been to all the Homes and have been for years. I don't see the value in the others and for me NA is the best. I don't visit the others anymore. And sorry I think Paul Sullivan is an awesome manager who is engaging the community here and is doing so in a way that will make a difference.

NA Home is certainly not collapsing. 

If you don't see the value in it then why are you always replying in those kind of forum post? 

And I'm not talking aboutPaul Sullivan, I'm talking about how Home is managed in general. Or is Paul Sullivan running it by himself? If so, then although I do appreciate his work here in the forums, I have to blame him in the other areas that is lacking.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 32 (171 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29117 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 3, 2013

asfghjklEU wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

asfghjklEU wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

GM0530 wrote:

You're entitled to your view. I've been to all the Homes and have been for years. I don't see the value in the others and for me NA is the best. I don't visit the others anymore. And sorry I think Paul Sullivan is an awesome manager who is engaging the community here and is doing so in a way that will make a difference.

NA Home is certainly not collapsing. 

If you don't see the value in it then why are you always replying in those kind of forum post? 

And I'm not talking aboutPaul Sullivan, I'm talking about how Home is managed in general. Or is Paul Sullivan running it by himself? If so, then although I do appreciate his work here in the forums, I have to blame him in the other areas that is lacking.

It's a discussion forum and not everyone shares your view per se or that of the OP. And yeah Paul is special and I think Home is going to see lots of changes with him managing it. 

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 32 (167 Views)
VP of Gaming
25625 posts

Nov 3, 2013

He is basically a Community Manager. He is not a Developer or Producer. Is job is communication with his bosses and us. He is the go-between. He is the one that informs the higher ups. He also makes approved announcements. And he interacts with the community. Sometime for work, and other times for fun and relaxation.

But we all know that by now, don't we?

To avoid an argument (and a feeding frenzy), I'll move on to the next hot topic. Be seeing you. Ciao!

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 32 (156 Views)
Wastelander
526 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 3, 2013

NA has more content than any other region and lately we've either been getting things the same time as EU or BEFORE. VeeMee seems to be the only ones still releasing stuff first in EU although X7 usually has it the same week. With the exception of the U-man stuff, we've been getting a lot of things before them: all the new Juggernaut stuff for instance, the GZ School Days Personal Space, and EU JUST got Star Trek: the Next Generation. They did get KiKai way before us but they also fixed some major issues with it before we got it, we got a better version all around.

I wish we would get all the cool promos that EU gets in their main Hub but that's really the only thing they have on us now. You can always create an EU account and just play there, problem solved.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 32 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1304 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 3, 2013

NA Home isn't collapsing, but  the most interesting and unique users are moving away from it. It's getting harder and harder for me to find someone in PS Home with a distinct personality. There's still plenty of people to talk to, but it's so hard to find an engaging conversation on Home these days.

I used to remember when it was so fun finding and meeting new people. Like it was a game in and of itself. It was addicting! .. Now, Its just the same banal conversations.. and even if I do find someone that I think is cool , I'll ask them for an add  so later we can have more fun conversations AND they will refuse ..for reasons I cannot understand... So, its basically like I just spent an hour or more talking to someone for nothing..All this just adds up to me reluctantly coming to an inevitably, pessimistic conclusion.

As much as I like Home, I don't think I can remain on it if I'm not psychologically engaged.

That was the reason I liked Home so much in the first place.

When users ask "Is Home dying?" , I guess I've always interpreted the question differently than most people. I never once believed the service itself would abruptly end , not even when Japan Home announced its discontinuation of new content. I always had a gut feeling that the (interesting) Users would expire before NA Home's service did. And it seems to me that premonition appears to be turning into reality.

(Didn't mean to be so wordy, It's late at night and its hard to control my characteristic, natural verbosity when I am fatigued)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Do you remember what today is , Jack?"
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 32 (127 Views)