Dec 25 2012
By: mech01tech01 Splicer 47 posts

New account for new system?

7 replies 212 views Edited Dec 25, 2012

I'm thinking about buying a second ps3 for another room so my wife and I can play online with each other in the same house. She and I both have our own PSN IDs on the same console. I know its possible to log in with your PS account on another device, but will that mess up my PS Home data? A lot of what is done in Home is based on what is loaded on the hard drive. I also know that if I was to buy a second device, I could do a station to station transfer but that's for replace a unit, not adding a second one. I'm sure someone out there has done this.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
7049 posts

Re: New account for new system?

Dec 25, 2012

mech01tech01 wrote:

I'm thinking about buying a second ps3 for another room so my wife and I can play online with each other in the same house. She and I both have our own PSN IDs on the same console. I know its possible to log in with your PS account on another device, but will that mess up my PS Home data? A lot of what is done in Home is based on what is loaded on the hard drive. I also know that if I was to buy a second device, I could do a station to station transfer but that's for replace a unit, not adding a second one. I'm sure someone out there has done this.

It won't mess things up sir, and get to the store now....you're almost out of time and you best have something under the tree.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (202 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29013 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 25, 2012

I have two PS3's and I have all my accounts on both of them. You can copy over the PS Home info from one to the other using a flash drive – script, character settings, saved avatar outfits, apartment layouts, etc. You'll need to be logged into the correct account when recopying the files to be sure they are associated with the right account. 

As you continue to use your accounts on different machines the Home files will be different given some information is stored on the machine locally. All purchased and reward information and the like is stored on Sony's servers so that will be the same. 

Have fun. I'm sure it'll be nice being able to share Home experiences together when logged in. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (192 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2625 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 25, 2012

:^/ You'll want to copy your individual account data from one PS3 to the other via a thumb drive. You'll want the data for your furniture layouts and avatar settings. It's accessible from the PS3's Cross Menu Bar, under the Game column, if I recall correctly.

;^) My wife and I are thinking of this, too, after the holiday....

[Edit]

:^/ Another option is to synch your saves with Sony's server. This is one feature of PS Plus. To begin, upload from the old PS3 to the server, then download for the server to the new PS3. Thereafter, upload any setting that you change after playing, and download to the other afterward. This saves the hassle of thumb drives, but of course, you'll still want to back up to thumb drive occasionally anyway....

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (191 Views)
Survivor
1825 posts

Dec 25, 2012

welcome to the "couple on home" :smileywink:  Sure you can do it. As the others alreday said theres is some files you want on your "mate" ps3. Unless you want to desing a new avatar and a 2nd set of every place he/she own.  I love the ps+ for that, so much easier to switch from one to another. Especially if you plan to play some disc game on both machines, So you can save your game online and retreive it on the 2nd machine. Don't forget to "update" your profile before switching machines by clicking on it before leaving one and as soon as you log on the other.

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4991 posts

Dec 25, 2012

If u want say ur HOME setting the same as ur first PS3 then u need to copy those and put them also on ur second one so u have the same settings and avatars!  Unless u want to make all NEW ones...

Easy!

Use USB Stick!

PS4 is out... And there is NO Playstation HOME on PS4... Shame Sony!!!
-
DCS 5yrs Playstation Home Anniversary (Feb 2009 - Feb 2014)
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2904 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 25, 2012

I had this same question acouple weeks ago. Me and my brother were sharing one ps3 for awhile and we both had Home accounts and stuff we bought on it. Well he got a new ps3 and when he logged onto his account, he still had all the stuff he purchased on Home. He didn't use a flash drive or anything. He just had to re-make his avatar and redecorate his spaces. But he still had all his clothing and furniture items, plus all the rewards. :manhappy:

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (131 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2625 posts

Dec 25, 2012
;^) Yeah, Bob. The stuff you own is saved on the server. What you've done with the stuff is saved locally....
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (70 Views)
0 Likes