Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Re: New User need assistance with Sony Playstation Home

Oct 9, 2013

EdwCarnby Fender Bender your assistance provided was most splendid. I do not agree with the justifications outlayed in your response. I am left foolish having wasted my time getting my Mojo on a female that turns to say she is a he. It delivers much pain to 36-year-old divorced man everytime. I will report this as harassment.

I will learn through my times in the Sony Playstation Home to accept as truth what I cannot fully comprehend and earn my stripes while becoming expert at the Sony Playstation Home. It has many intricacies I am learning each day.

Peace.

Obdule

Message 11 of 42 (465 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: OLD User need assistance with Sony Playstation Home

Oct 9, 2013

@Ed LOL!, I like your non-chalant style.

EdwCarnby wrote:

To back up the troll's claims..there has been a recent change in the SecondLife policy, though it has more to do about intellectual property rights than it does social interactions. Here's the policy change:

http://www.hypergridbusiness.com/2013/09/outrage-grows-over-new-second-life-terms/

The guy is a troll. Second Life has as many dudes dressed as females for as many reasons you listed here Ed. Every virtual world has dudes who use female avatars that have any population over maybe 50 people.

If the OP never knew this fact than he is ripe for the picking by con-artists online in every virtual world that exists.

Architect? That smart but that naive at the same time? Please.

Obdule, if you are who you say you are firstly welcome to the North American Home forum :smileyhappy: and welcome to Home! Men play as women in Home for a number of reasons. I know you will probably want to understand what reasons those are so I'll list some. As with anything there are genuine reasons and good intentions, as well as more shady ones.

He is not who he says he is, everybody with a brain knows.

@OP (No, I will NOT refer to you by your alias) Ed's reasons here are great examples that apply in Playstation Home AND EVERY VIRTUAL WORLD OF EVERY TYPE. Making that a point for any naive people reading that think there is a virtual world where people don't portray themselves as something they are not. It's VIRTUAL, wake up.

--Because they are undergoing personal changes in their body in real life. This makes perfect sense. When refering to a person undergoing a sex change in real life life. Although I DO NOT want and WILL NOT ever wish to experience that. Being Honest, no offense intended.

--They feel they are born in the wrong body.  I could imagine how nuts this would drive a person. Although it is a completely mental example, the only real solution is a sex change. Glad I'm not that crazy.

--To see what it's like playing as a girl. Bingo, for about 5 minutes. Then they change into a dude. Here's a hint: READ THE ID NAMES, if it's a dude name, it's probably a dude? If it doesn't sound like any possible real females' fantasy for a alternate name or gamer tag? Well then, it's probably a dude, again.

--Because they treat it like a game and/or they prefer the look of a female avatar. Who can blame a straight guy or lesbian for liking the look of female avatars? Just don't hit on me or I'm going to call your bluff.

--No one will talk to them as a man so they play as a woman to get attention. Pathetic.

--Somehow they think all the women that don't like them are lesbians, and being one in Home will get them success with women. "BTW, I'm not a lesbian now as you can see on CAMERA, so what do you think of straight dudes who pretend to be lesbian to get cybersex?" Lesbian on other end of cyberchat gives the genius a big long finger, then the screen goes black. He thinks to himself, WHY? Such intelligence. In the long run, you won't have a successful relationship lying to a REAL lesbian, dudes. Even if you use more brain cells than that.

--To irritate lonely people such as yourself. LOL, Ed!

--In the forums and any miniature-celebrity section they want influence, and find it easier to get influence as a sexy female persona than as a guy that can get by on his own qualities and credibility. Why is this? Maybe because most users are straight males (or straight males posing as females, yet finding similar things attractive). It's easy to figure out, but not worth the time. Would your sister, or daughter, or mother or girlfriend write like that? Would anybodies sister, or daughter, or mother or girlfriend write like that? If so, then it's safe to say they could be female. If definetly NOT, then it's likey a guy (better bet), or a woman who has such serious issues that you may not want to know anyhow.

--They might be testing something out or reviewing female content. Spending more than 5 minutes with a person usually solves this problem.

--They might be a female avatar because an event or photo competition requires it. Spending more than 5 minutes with a person usually solves this problem.

--Might be for a machinima or video recording. Spending more than 5 minutes with a person usually solves this problem.

And there's probably a lot more reasons!
Hope this helps.

Yes, it's an alternate.

I have checked out people a long time online in virtual worlds, and the news is to any sheltered ones (if you have only played Playstation Home, then you are sheltered), I can tell you it isn't much different in Playstation Home as it is in ANY VIRTUAL PLACE IN CYBERSPACE. GUYS PRETEND TO BE WOMEN ON DATING SITES TOO.

So yeah, don't get all huffy and puffy about any of it, anywhere (unless it's a dating site of course), why? Well there's this thing called FREEDOM, and when people have it in virtual worlds to be whatever avatars they want to be, then **** happens.

@OP (for the minute chance that you are real, and btw what other languages do you speak?) and for every poor soul who honestly looks online for a cheap or free date with virtual avatars. Microphone. Camera. Skype. Cell Phone. Visiting in REAL LIFE in public. Spending the night in private. That's a general order of how normal women will actually engage with you. REAL LIFE.

If they don't want to? Well guess what? They may just not like you. They may also be a dude, but don't be calling them a dude just because they rejected you.

A couple that I became friends with was interested in hanging out with me. They were cool, fun to chat with. We hung out for over a week online. Then they wanted to chat over video, so I did. To my surprise the male avatar was a couple. So was the female avatar. I was thinking: "Wow, these are some weird people!", Then I thought. "I'm online, who isn't weird here?"

See what I did there? Quoted myself.

So a female avatar could be a couple behind the screen. Does it really surprise anyone here? Not the first time I ran into that, just the first time that IT WAS 2 COUPLES, each couple running an avatar. That was new.

I saw an account in EU called: "MadeAccount4her"

Makes you think, doesn't it? Maybe some people are running around as females because they are playing their girlfriends or wives accounts? They want them to play online, so they make them an account. They may not care if you think they are a guy, but they don't want people thinking they are a gay guy when they themselves hang out with that avatar when their girlfriend or wife is on it. So they do this thing while boosting their girlfriends or wifes account, it's called ROLE-PLAYING, now unless they ask you to cyber with them, or if they are always asking for gifts, it's safe to say, it's a straight dude or lesbian building an account for his/her lover.

NOTE: If you run around typing things like "Wanna cam??" in PM messages to every female avatar that you see? Well, please take a shower, get dressed, and stand outside your front door for like 5 minutes and take a deep breath, repeat that until an appreciation for reality re-enters your head.

Even after knowing all this now, it is your place to run around calling every female avatar online a dude? NO (although you will be correct most of the time), that's only going to make you look silly, especially when you call the few real women dudes. Some women dress as male avatars online! Astounding. The mirror works both ways online.

My WORST experience was when I was in a video chat but only over a mic at first. I told the other person that I believed she was using a voice changer because I could hear some "digital" fuzz and echo or whatever you call it. Then that person flipped on her video camera. Yup, she was a she! And I felt like a complete ***. I never repeated that mistake again. Until I see someone on camera, I won't worry about it. If they look very strange on camera, well let's not go there.

@OP Troll or not, New or OLD, doesn't matter really. What you guys don't get is real women who don't just want to make a buck off of you, they DO NOT CARE ABOUT INSTANT GRATIFICATION. They may however be happy to charge you for it. I hear, and sometimes I say it myself, because it is often true, that IF THEY ASK YOU FOR $, then it's a dude. Well, LOL! So all female avatars asking for money are dudes? No not all. But in any case, they are probably NOT going to marry you and have your babies.

Virtual worlds like Playstation Home are not made for dating. If you can not afford the fee for a dating site to MEET PEOPLE WHO WANT TO MEET PEOPLE, then well you probably would make a very cheap date and wouldn't be any fun at all.

My advice: SLOW DOWN and DROP THE INSTANT GRATIFICATION ATTITUDE.

Or, if you are a gentleman/gentlewoman: Realize there are sick people online who will break your heart. Read this post a few times. I spent time learning why and what, do yourself a favor and learn from it. Don't make yourself a victim, unless that's what you want secretly?

Message 12 of 42 (412 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2868 posts

Oct 9, 2013

Teesside-1979 tossed in:

Playstation Home is boring it's full of Ignorant people meaning nobody speaks to you the only people that do speak to you are males that are female on Playstation Home saying "i love you" if you asked that same question when Playstation Home started it would be positive your not missing anything on Playstation Home unless you want your chat-log clogged up of Spam & you want to see bad language which Sony has failed to stamp out there's no SCEE Moderators on Playstation Home so nobody to hang out with get a PS4 at least that rubbish won't be on PS4

:^/ Ignorance and silence are not synonyms, dude. Just because someone's not a chatterbox doesn't mean he doesn't know anything, any more than being a chatterbox means he does know anything.

Message 13 of 42 (382 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Oct 9, 2013

I'm laughing at anyone who takes the author of this thread seriously. You guys are too easy to troll since you take playstation home far too seriously. 

ジャーマン ・ウォリア
Message 14 of 42 (367 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3340 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 9, 2013

I don't take him seriously, I just like having answers to questions :smileyhappy:

--

EVERYBODY_KNOWS ,, whoever you really are lol ,, I read your post. All of it. I agree with you but frankly I've given up caring about it. Why? Most people here don't care about it either because caring about it means they will have to part ways with the big cliques meaning they won't get to go to all the events, be liked by the "big" forumers, and will generally be bullied or ignored on the forums til they go away.

Yeah, people care so much about their status they will do that. Don't believe me? Wait for a knee jerk reaction to this post. Welcome to NA Home. So yeah, you can't educate or help people that value fame on a Sims clone over integrity or sincerity. Let the Rocky Horror Show continue and leave them to it :smileyhappy: when Home shuts you'll be the one laughing.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 15 of 42 (357 Views)
Welcoming Committee
9375 posts

Oct 9, 2013
Yes and I will point out that through an avatar generator I was able to tell that OPs id has never even been in Home as it doesnt exist but that doesnt stop me from answering questions. I know personally, that I am far less ignorant than some may think to the truth. But again, answering questions to someone asking is not an indicator of my intelligence nor anyone elses.
Support Forums
Message 16 of 42 (344 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1386 posts

Oct 9, 2013
Good post, Ed.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

"Do you remember what today is , Jack?"
Message 17 of 42 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 9, 2013

Greetings friends,

What has ever happened to my post for assistance for Sony Playstation Home? Why do you troll me?

I will explain again for the people with slow brains I am a greenhorn trying to understand how Sony Playstation Home works. There are many intricacies in Sony Playstation Home that a greenhorn has to learn. I am trying to work to be an expert at the Sony Playstation Home and it makes me sad I am attacked for being ignorant of the intricacies in Sony Playstation Home.

I am humble enough to plead for help, I expect kindness and open arms in return. I wish to be an expert at Sony Playstation Home but it is hard to do so when I am met with hungry boars.

Peace.

Obdule

Message 18 of 42 (310 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 9, 2013

Hi, OP, welcome. One thing you might want to look out for, is a lot of kids. There are many adults on home, but some people pretend they are adults when they are really around 12.  Not everyone is either the sex or the age they might say, and even the adults act like kids sometimes, when they are flying on joy juice( drunk)lol. 

Also, there is a band of" girls" some real, some not, who have made it a habit to friend others, so that they can ask for PSN cards, or something out of the Lockwood machine or 3D printer. Give because you want to, not because someone tricks you into it. Worst case I know of, is one club leader " blackmailed" another into giving him a psn card to stop a " war".

Also, no mod will ask you for " personal information" on home. While you will see some developers, Mods, and guides on home from time to time, none will ask you personal information, like account password etc. If someone says they are a mod, look here for the " Home Mod team"( I think that is what they are called) or support, and talk to them about it. There is no real group called Home Police, or Home Safety Patrol.

Also, one of the worst things you can do is run up to a girl you don't know and say" sup?", " Cam?" or " be my  gf". Troll " females" will " love" you. Regular ones will have to get to know you first( so if you see someone you like, say you are new and ask if you can friend them). I am

"married" by the way,lol. Good luck.

Oh yeah, if you have someone causing you trouble, just ignore them and walk away. It works. If they are really being a jerk, report them also. some trolls are entertaining, so I let them make Jack Jockeys of themselves for a while before I ignore / block them.

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 19 of 42 (295 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1343 posts

Oct 9, 2013

Well can people just dress up whatever they want to & when a male asked they just ask "are you a boy or a girl" IRL?

addtext_com_MTEwMTQzMTk0MzI5.jpg

Message 20 of 42 (264 Views)
0 Likes