Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5015 posts

Re: New Idea: PlayStation Home Premium Membership

Aug 24, 2009

Conrad_Max wrote:

DNAgent wrote:
It's bad enough that they plan on making you pay $5 a month just to keep a club up & running.

No one ever said it was going to cost five dollars a month to have the clubhouse. The five dollars allows us to create a club. The monthly fee will most likely be smaller and will be used to maintain it. Maintain = keeping it active and sharing the cost of any upgrades to it.

The reason for the cost is simple. SCEA doesn't want people to have clubhouses that just sit there and have nothing going on. That uses up bandwidth. The cost will hopefully keep those of us who are not serious about having a club from creating one. 

wow never looked at it that way - good explanation

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 80 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
566 posts

Aug 24, 2009
to the op stop giving them ideas im already taxed enough on the other box plz stop.. i love  sony have always supported them but this is one feature that is the reason i buy any multiplats for ps3. cus when my live runs out i still have my trusty and free ps3 

twitter /

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 80 (8 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
294 posts

Aug 24, 2009
That suck for people that cant buy the places sorry but im not down with that,Power to the people!
Add cheek out my friends band
myspace: http://www.myspace.com/falsewitness
Youtube:youtube.com/user/FalseWitnessVideos

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 80 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Aug 24, 2009
good idea as long as online is still free
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 80 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5866 posts

Aug 24, 2009
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 80 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Aug 24, 2009

Thankz alot brandude, now Sony is gonna take up this  idea!

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 80 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
513 posts

Aug 24, 2009

Brandude wrote:

I think they should make a PS Home premium membership that is $5 a month and it should include:

1. Half off any purchase at the mall Why, because 50 cents is too much money?

2. One exclusive item a month Like what? They don't get enough away free already?

3. One exclusive apartment every 3 months Why would you need so many apartments for? Home is here forever I wouldn't want 5454 apartments!

4. An exclusive clubhouse that shows items that are unreleased I have no interest in a club house, just to see items that are not released yet, plus they already show us unreleased items (IE Bat Cave!)

5. Everyone who doesn't pay the membership will still get access to every space, apartment and item except the exclusive clubhouse, apartments, and exclusive items Or leave it alone, free for everyone and we are all happy.

Does anyone agree?  If so, what features do you think should be included?

Message Edited by Brandude on 08-23-2009 05:21 AM

What the **bleep** is with people and wanting to pay for **bleep**? Stop being that guy!!

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 80 (8 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6846 posts

Aug 24, 2009

Shacks wrote:

Brandude wrote:

I think they should make a PS Home premium membership that is $5 a month and it should include:

1. Half off any purchase at the mall Why, because 50 cents is too much money?

2. One exclusive item a month Like what? They don't get enough away free already?

3. One exclusive apartment every 3 months Why would you need so many apartments for? Home is here forever I wouldn't want 5454 apartments!

4. An exclusive clubhouse that shows items that are unreleased I have no interest in a club house, just to see items that are not released yet, plus they already show us unreleased items (IE Bat Cave!)

5. Everyone who doesn't pay the membership will still get access to every space, apartment and item except the exclusive clubhouse, apartments, and exclusive items Or leave it alone, free for everyone and we are all happy.

Does anyone agree?  If so, what features do you think should be included?

Message Edited by Brandude on 08-23-2009 05:21 AM

What the **bleep** is with people and wanting to pay for **bleep**? Stop being that guy!!

1)People feel a lot better using something they spent money on. It gives them "ownership" I suppose.

2)If People payed for home, it would then validate their complaints and they'd have more reasons to complain, and they could no longer be shot down, because now, "I payed for home, I deserve better!"

3)People want to feel better through "exclusivity" and the "I have money, used money, and therefore am better than you!" and "Look what I have that you don't!" type of thinking

"I want to fly, into the sky
Turn my back on this whole world and leave it all behind
This place is not my home. It's got nothing for me
Only leaves me with emptiness And tears in my eyes"

PSMVP: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 80 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5047 posts

Aug 25, 2009

BitRunner wrote:

JPConway wrote:

As to any Fee for using Home - I say a definite "NO" -

We pay already for purchasing the "use" of items at the Mall - as well as future Club Fees.  I see no reason for any additional charge.

This is what makes PSHome unique - No one has to pay for anything (after the initial cost of buying said consol and any other additional hardware needed).  And now with the new lower pricing on the consol - there will be quite the influx of new citizens during the course of the year.  Especially around X-mas time.

JPConway

He's not saying make everyone pay a service fee, but have a "premium membership" tier that gets you extra incentives if you pay into said membership.
I still like a rewards program better though, much more flexibility. 

Thanks Bit - I see that too - but I still say "no" to any sort of "premium" fee for anything.  This would only divide the community even more.  There are many people who can't afford an extra "fee" at this time - due to a number of possible reasons. 

Now - a rewards program would possibly work - and that should be a suggestion worthy of the monthly suggestion thread.  Have you more info/input about how your rewards program would work?  What you/me/us need to do to get the "reward"??

JPConway

Message Edited by JPConway on 08-25-2009 06:07 AM

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 80 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

Aug 25, 2009
i agree free means free
Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 80 (8 Views)