Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Re: New From Granzella This Week - Content Update

May 7, 2013

kwoman32 wrote:

CelestialDreamer wrote:

Ledis15 wrote:

kwoman32 wrote:

That looks VERY familiar. Wonder where it came from?

There's a link at the bottom of the post linking it

You forgot to to post the link from Cube's Alpha Zone Four, as well, since this announcement email is from Granzella, Both YPSH and AZ4 has everything written in verbatim. YPSH is not the only one that deserves credit.

That piece did not come from anywhere but my article. the formatting is unique. It is actually from Granzella itself but not in that format.  To put those pieces together takes time and effort.

I don't know. The Home Gazette gets the same e-mail from granzella and post everything word for word. Every fan site, inculding yours, posting from  granzella's weekly posting look exactly the same. Unless you can prove it. I find it very supcious that your getting on Ledis15 's case for it.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 43 (358 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3148 posts

May 7, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

CelestialDreamer wrote:

Ledis15 wrote:

kwoman32 wrote:

You forgot to to post the link from Cube's Alpha Zone Four, as well, since this announcement email is from Granzella. Both YPSH and AZ4 has everything written in verbatim. YPSH is not the only one that deserves credit for posting the same information.

Karen gets information directly from Granzella. She doesn't need information from other sites. Yourpshome works very hard for the community. 

I think you're deliberately missing the point. AZ4 are also given the same information, and the implication is YPSH aren't the only news site that have shared this information thus while this has been plagiarized they shouldn't exactly be claiming the information as exclusive and their own.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 43 (356 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29175 posts

[ Edited ]
May 7, 2013

EdwCarnby wrote:
I think you're deliberately missing the point. AZ4 are also given the same information, and the implication is YPSH aren't the only news site that have shared this information thus while this has been plagiarized they shouldn't exactly be claiming the information as exclusive and their own.

No I'm not missing the point. Directly copying someones work from a site without a direct and clear link isn't the best way to do things. That's not to say other sites don't get the same information. Preparing a piece for publish on a website takes time. I know I do it all the time for the EU Blog for example.

Nothing wrong with sharing information but at least credit the source if you are going to directly copy and paste it and not reformat it in your own words. It took Karen time to type and format that information. 

I post the ladies fashion update every week and I am very careful to credit alphazone upfront and with a link each and every time I do that.  

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 43 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3148 posts

[ Edited ]
May 7, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:
Nothing wrong with sharing information but at least credit the source.

....they did? Or did they only do that afterwards?

Either way, it's the same info all the other fan sites got and it's hardly been changed all that much. I hardly call this hard work, sorry to be patronizing but it's my humble opinion. Week after week I see the same copy and paste jobs from the same people here and rather than linking to the sources they got it from they link directly to their own websites to boost traffic and take credit for something they didn't do outside of hitting CTRL+C and CTRL+V.

Then 1 person comes along, just this once, possibly doesn't quote the source well enough for a near copy/paste job and the "author" gets on their grill about it? Cmon!

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 43 (326 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29175 posts

May 7, 2013

EdwCarnby wrote:

Then 1 person comes along, just this once, possibly doesn't quote the source well enough for a near copy/paste job and the "author" gets on their grill about it? Cmon!

Yeah Ed Cmon! 

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 43 (321 Views)
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

May 7, 2013

EdwCarnby wrote:

kwoman32 wrote:

Granzella :smileyhappy: rewording a few things and resharing images for an article isn't that hard. When the source has already been linked I don't see what the problem is. In fact, I find it rather sad that YPSH (particularly YPSH) copy/paste/regurgitate information from social media feeds constantly on here and expect more thanks for it than the developers should get for actually telling us what they're doing, let alone developing the items!

It's somewhat ironic and funny that of all people YPSH "staff" complain about someone trying to take more credit for a regurgitated article than the actual source.

It isn't the "YPSH Staff" you're talking to.  It's ME. Now that you have that straight, if your so-called "copy/paste/regurgitate" that you refer to is so easy, why don't the developers send YOU their info so YOU can let everyone know what's coming?  I guess maybe it isn't so easy after all eh? And I don't take credit for the information either.  You got that wrong too. I do however take credit for informing the community about the fantastic work the developers do, instead of wasting my time belly-aching and posting useless dribble on this forum.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 43 (296 Views)
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

May 7, 2013

CelestialDreamer wrote:

kwoman32 wrote:

CelestialDreamer wrote:

Ledis15 wrote:

kwoman32 wrote:

You forgot to to post the link from Cube's Alpha Zone Four, as well, since this announcement email is from Granzella, Both YPSH and AZ4 has everything written in verbatim. YPSH is not the only one that deserves credit.

That piece did not come from anywhere but my article. the formatting is unique. It is actually from Granzella itself but not in that format.  To put those pieces together takes time and effort.

I don't know. The Home Gazette gets the same e-mail from granzella and post everything word for word. Every fan site, inculding yours, posting from  granzella's weekly posting look exactly the same. Unless you can prove it. I find it very supcious that your getting on Ledis15 's case for it.

Re-read what I posted. 

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 43 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3148 posts

May 7, 2013
Okay kwoman, fair point, you posted an article and someone did take your specific version of it. I suppose that does stink a bit....but I don't see how if Granzella sent me the info as well that if I shared it I'd automatically be doing a hard job.

I never said the you or the place you work for doesn't do a lot for the community, mind. I just personally think credit where it's due, and that's Granzella and ALL the fan sites, not just one of them. That is normally why I say "thanks for sharing this" to things on the boards.

I have to say, though, the way you handled my "belly-aching" was rather venomous. I'm sure another fansite would have been a lot more community-like and diplomatic about it. But again that's just wishful thinking on my part and my own opinion.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 43 (286 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4859 posts

May 7, 2013

kwoman32 wrote:

Who cares where it came from? He edited in the source. That shoule be acceptable enough, but no you come here and start a flamewar. It really isn't acceptable. Isn't this the community that you guys over at YPSH are supposed to care so much about?

Get over yourself.

Legendary_Vicki's SigLegendary_Vicki   Welcoming Committee v2.0 

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 43 (240 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1951 posts

May 7, 2013
I know a few people were looking forward to this release in NA so it's good to see they'll be able to receive these items.

Personally I'm not to interested, though it is a unique idea from Granzella to do something like this, that's for certain.

Thank you for the update Ledis.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 43 (153 Views)
0 Likes