MVP Support
8272 posts

Re: Need opinions for controversy

May 6, 2013

I see PlayStation Home as a social 3D network where you can play mini-games and socialize with diverse gamers from different backgrounds. Also it is used to take a break from playing their PS3 games. Everybody is entitled to their opinions of what Home is all about and its main purpose.

There are some rotten apples who give others a hard time on Home saying "it's just a game" to justify their bad behavior when it's actually the other way around that made them act out negatively.

Message 11 of 22 (290 Views)
Splicer
30 posts

May 6, 2013

ITCOB1 wrote:

This topic comes across the Forums about twice a year. Use the search function to find many of these threads.

Here is one from 2010. Not much has changed.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Home-s-transition-from-Social-Network-to-Gam...

Yeah, I only posted about it because I saw opposing fams going at it over what home is just sick of it didn't know it was posted on the forums before I'm not trying to resurrect any dead threads though as they do with the freezing threads, I just wanted a few opinions. I understand though and I'll be sure to check this out, thanks.

Message 12 of 22 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
30 posts

May 6, 2013

HOPPER_34 wrote:

xvrj wrote:

As the title says, I just need a few opinions on what they think PlayStation Home is. I see users arguing within PlayStation Home all the time about whether or not it's just a video game and I'm sick of it. So, my question to everyone is what do YOU see it as? a game or something else entirely?  

You're sick of it, but want to hear more? lol How about....it's whatever you want it be.

lol no no perhaps I should've been more clear, I'm sick of fams fighting over it I am interested though in learning how others think of it  without having harsh words thrown at each other, which was my main purpose in posting it. 

Message 13 of 22 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

May 6, 2013

It is a social platform, not a game in and of itself. I would compare it to IMVU or even Gaia. It has games in it, to be played socially for the most part.

Message 14 of 22 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3685 posts

May 6, 2013
It's an assylum simulator and we are the loonies :smileytongue:

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 15 of 22 (243 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3487 posts

May 7, 2013

I work at  very stressful job. Like most folks I sought something to relax with. Having a PS3 that initially was for playing Blue Rays movies and a few games. I clicked onto the home icon out of curiosity and my journey began. I try to stay away from labels when I can. I think arguing about what home is or isn't just turns out to be a pointless stress builder. I knew I was a home addict when one day at work I had this one guy really giving me a hard time. From instinct I broke into the laugh emote then followed up with the gun emote. The guy might of thought I was nuts but we both had a good laugh and things went smooth from there.:womanvery-happy: 

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=
Message 16 of 22 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

May 7, 2013

Home is Sony Computer Entertainment's virtual world/Community-based service for PlayStation gamers. A social/gaming platform.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 17 of 22 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1135 posts

May 7, 2013
Home is a place where magical little friendly pixels called "users" gather to make friends, play games, and just socialize! -Axel voice- got it memorized? :smileyhappy:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like waffles
Message 18 of 22 (192 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1995 posts

May 7, 2013
I see PlayStation Home as a social network, It has many uses like meeting new people, playing games, customization features, enjoying spaces, viewing advertisements for games and most of all having fun.

I use Home mainly because I find it a better way to interact with others, I find playing when games with other users it's really difficult to attain any communication, so there are many uses of PlayStation Home for each of us and perhaps you should try to find your own use of it as well.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 19 of 22 (176 Views)
Survivor
1691 posts

May 7, 2013
If you're sick of people mischaracterizing Home, argue with them there if it bothers you.

As mentioned, there already are numerous threads about this where you can gather whatever it is you're looking for and a nifty site called Wikipedia where you can gather facts from trusted sources and come to an already established fact that, by very definition, Home is a social gaming platform.
Message 20 of 22 (161 Views)
0 Likes