Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
4238 posts

Re: [NEW CONTENT] Coming May 15th, 2013

May 14, 2013
That tweet was about two weeks ago. I remember reading it. I'll try and dig up the full conversation shortly.
Message 21 of 101 (669 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

May 14, 2013

Twtr.png

There you go.

Message 22 of 101 (666 Views)
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

May 14, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:

CelestialDreamer wrote:

At this moment, we're not planning to do so. Sorry about this, but we find it very difficult to localize our Japanese spaces.

Yet they release bundle after bundle over on our side. I guess that isnt "very difficult" for them.

Clothing isn't very difficult to localize, there isn't much language to translate. As for the language barrier, some idioms are difficult to translate for and they could be lazy when dealing with all that game text.

Message 23 of 101 (659 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29198 posts

May 14, 2013

Thank you Blur! :smileysad:

Message 24 of 101 (654 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

[ Edited ]
May 14, 2013

CelestialDreamer wrote:

Clothing isn't very difficult to localize, there isn't much language to translate. As for the language barrier, some idioms are difficult to translate for and they could be lazy when dealing with all that game text.

I realize that, I just find it a crappy excuse to be giving people this late in the game is all...then again, I haven't been a huge fan of Granzella since the South Island Hideaway in Japan. Around that time is when I lost my interest in them. Even the Edo game wasn't like, that jaw dropping for me. 

I miss Irem and how they ran things before, even if their content wasn't as crisp as it is now. 

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 25 of 101 (643 Views)
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

[ Edited ]
May 14, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:

CelestialDreamer wrote:

I realize that, I just find it a crappy excuse to be giving people this late in the game is all...I haven't been a huge fan of Granzella since the South Island Hideaway in Japan. I miss Irem. 

Yeah. What can you do?  Considering the programming bugs, they just gave up on the space because of  those two major factors.

Message 26 of 101 (616 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

May 14, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:

CelestialDreamer wrote:

I realize that, I just find it a crappy excuse to be giving people this late in the game is all...then again, I haven't been a huge fan of Granzella since the South Island Hideaway in Japan. Around that time is when I lost my interest in them. Even the Edo game wasn't like, that jaw dropping for me. 

I miss Irem and how they ran things before, even if their content wasn't as crisp as it is now. 

Here's my two cents on this whole thing.

As I've stated before, when finding out about this not coming anytime soon. I basically said I find it a little hard to believe, I don't buy it and I think Granzella isn't trying hard enough.

Does anyone else find it funny that they can translate the southern isle, they can translate EDO along with glittering beach. Let's not forget, they were able to translate the New Years event, Vday Event, plus the EDO event also. 

But they for some reason can't translate the downtown? I'm just pointing out facts here, people.

It's either because they had no plans to release it here in the first place, or they're just starting to become like IREM was with their spaces.

Message 27 of 101 (587 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

[ Edited ]
May 14, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:
It's either because they had no plans to release it here in the first place, or they're just starting to become like IREM was with their spaces.

Reminds me of what Nintendo chose to do with the IP of Fatal Frame. They decided to keep the Fatal Frame 2 remake and even Fatal Frame 4 exclusive to Japan only. So not only are any new FF games exclusive to Nintendo and Wii, but only certain countries and regions can play them. They stated "we have no plans to bring these to North America", which is odd enough because its a cult classic game and popular enough, on top of that we hardly have enough decent horror games these days.

Bit of a rant about an old issue, I know. I just got done playing Fatal Frame 1 and 2 on PSN in the past month is all. Great games they are  :smileytongue: 

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 28 of 101 (563 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29198 posts

May 14, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

As I've stated before, when finding out about this not coming anytime soon. I basically said I find it a little hard to believe, I don't buy it and I think Granzella isn't trying hard enough.

Does anyone else find it funny that they can translate the southern isle, they can translate EDO along with glittering beach. Let's not forget, they were able to translate the New Years event, Vday Event, plus the EDO event also. 

But they for some reason can't translate the downtown? I'm just pointing out facts here, people.

Well in an interview not that long ago Kujo did indicate they had put a special team on it and expected it for April of this year. It certainly appears that is no longer the case. That is very disappointing. 

Message 29 of 101 (561 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
811 posts

[ Edited ]
May 14, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

KarateChampChad wrote:

CelestialDreamer wrote:

The thing is those stuff doesn't really have that much stuff to translate. I don't think there was more than 1000 words (including the item description) and the sentences didn't really have much meaning in terms of English/Japanese differences, so it was pretty much straight forward. On the otherhand, there's lots of conversation done with the personal space related to Neon.

And considering how GZ's English webpage has been falling way back in translating it's JP website (haven't update the Kanazawa Life Map content for months, also might have stop doing the GZ magazine), I'm assuming there's only 1 translator in the team and his role has been too much or the person call it quit on doing every single stuff.

Message 30 of 101 (544 Views)
0 Likes