Treasure Hunter
4390 posts

Re: It's very sad, I know a few people who are slowly moving...

Jan 19, 2013

julie_love wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

julie_love wrote:

It's getting to the point that I thinka new person visiting Home will find all the public spaces filled with trolls and all of the people that used to make Home an interesting place to visit have left.

You sure have a high opinion of these mythical people you speak of.  Well let me tell you something until the day I am no longer in Home  perhaps then and only then will your statement be even remotely possible.  You need to come out of your ivory tower and reconnect with reality.  Your conceited statement is an insult to everyone in Home.  As far as trolls go your statement could have easily come from one.  If you feel yourself too good for the public spaces may I say stay in your own apts.  And for someone who has the word Love in your name you are showing precious little of it in this statement.

I'm going to sell my PS3 and get an Xbox.

Please do. kbye

Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 123 (476 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29003 posts

Re: Does NA Home Need a New Management Team ?

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

Again, friends do say "Give me a break" to each other, and yet somehow remain friends...

When certain "Home Lovers" and especially those who have worked hard "To Help the Community" are told to "knock it off", I would say there is a problem. If I were a manager and saw one of Homes biggest supporters start to get soured and sarcastic relative to the Home experience I would beg to ask what the problem is. Some thing is WRONG and I would take notice. 

One could ask in a personal PM to try and understand why that particular user has lost faith in the management team and their home experience. Publicly chastising them isn't a good thing to do and it's not only embarrassing for the user who was admonished but I would go on to say it doesn't make the manager making the remarks look good either.

Customers need to be treated with respect at all times. I think Conrad many of us understand what is is to be singled out when it comes to personal attacks. I personally do my best to ignore those comments directed at me as I suspect you do for most of those directed at you. 

Community Service isn't an easy job. The forum isn't an easy place to have to deal with at times but when one is a paid professional and the face of Home and Sony there is a level of responsibility that goes along with that position. 

Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 123 (475 Views)
PlayStation MVP
31520 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

Conrad_Max wrote:

Considering the number of "attacks" he has to endure each day, you feel his one or two remarks are so terrible?

I guess to "forgive and forget" is out of the question? Or "old news, let's move on"?

Keep on truckin'. I'm out of here.

Except for the fact that the vast majority of "attacks" are because of his actions.  In fact, Julie_Love has been one of his best supports for a long time, but even she finally had enough.  Only someone with absolutely no integrity and blinded by bias would even dare suggest that the management of Home was anything but a total failure.   They have failed to communicate with their customers at even the most basic level of customer service.  They have continually failed to address the numerous issues and problems with the service.  They have failed to listen to suggestions from the community, and improve the service in a timely manor.

There are soooo many ways they could quickly and easily improve the service, and have been suggested to them on numerous occasions, like adding a 2nd storage folder, including the same sort options for items in storage as they already do for items that are not in storage, and adding extra sets of avatar saves so we don't have to load all 24 before selecting one to use.

These are VERY basic modifications that could easily be implemented, and yet they have yet to do so.

Instead they just continue to muck up the service, remove options, with constant promises that it will improve the service and make it more stable, and yet if anything Home is more unstable than ever before.

Look, it isn't hard to see, even with your heavily tainted glasses, that more and more members like Juilie who once were extremely supportive of Home and the mangement have finally had enough.  We've endured so much from this management and as a reward we have a worse service than before.  Enough is enough.  If Sony doesn't change their course, they are going to destroy Home. 

If you truly care about Home, instead of constantly white washing all the problems with the service and the management decisions and actions, and lack of action, instead you should be holding them accountable for the mess Home is in right now, and demanding change.

If not, then you are part of the problem, and not part of the solution.

the same can be sad for MANY Home users.

if you want to see an insight into how i used to feel about Home years ago, take a peek. my love and interest for Home remains the same, but everything else has changed.

looking back, im amused at how i would deffend Home tooth and nail. i was like Conrad, just more angry. :smileyvery-happy:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Tis-The-Season-To-Be-Ungrateful/m-p/15974224...

Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 123 (469 Views)
Fender Bender
2389 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

myalana wrote:

When a member of the management team is prone to angry backlashes at the community

Please forgive me. But this post is not directer towards you specifically...

That is an over-exaggeration of what GlassWalls said. All he said was " Knock it off, Julie. I expect better from you." Hardly an "angry backlash". But definitely something certain folks who are known to be hostile towards Management, and fellow community members, would latch onto and make an issue of.

It was a statement/request that even friends might say to each other, without the intention of blowing it all out of proportion.

Management has to absorb a lot of abuse on this forum, yet they cannot do the same in return. And if they do bring it up, they are yet again abused. Give it up.

A Community Manager's job is to be the go-between for the Community and the Producers, Developers and Directors. That is their primary purpose. Though once in a great while they may be involved with Development, their primary job is to inform those who make the product of the "pulse" of the users. Our feelings. And due to this, and the misunderstanding of their position by many community members, they take the full brunt of the community's anger.

So GlassWalls said that he expected better of someone. Isn't that what we expect from most (if not all) users of this forum?

Some good and respected folks of this forum have managed to form a mountain out of a mole hill.

If you, or anyone, should meet him, Mr. GlassWalls is a pretty cool dude.

(As always, someone is bound to find an issue with my message...)

Whoa Conrad! While I agree with much of you say in posts in general although perhaps not the way you say it but that's on me, I think you're offbase on this one. I found the post in question to be humorous, sarcastic humor perhaps, but humorous just the same.

I believe GlassWalls who I hold in high regard can speak for himself which he did. And I spoke for myself because I was irritated at his reply to the said post.

Take this for what it's worth, maybe partly serious, maybe partly in humor, 

Knock it off Conrad and let people and in this case, GlassWalls, speak for themselves. 

Of course, you're entitled to your opinion which you made and I just made mine.

Here's my original post which includes the other two being referenced.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/INFO-Upcoming-Change-in-Home-Save-Files/m-p/...

Chow! I'm outta' this one. :smileyfrustrated:

Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
trolling is for fishing, not the forums

Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 123 (419 Views)
Fender Bender
2436 posts

Re: NA Home management needs a serious OVER HAUL

Jan 20, 2013

castle3
Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 123 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

Home Management isn't really supposed to be talking to us everyday, but once a week would be nice. And I don't necessarily mean the Blog, I mean getting a little more involved here in the Forums or even just seen INSIDE Home like they used to be.

But how can you expect Home Management to be too terribly involved in the everyday lives of those actually inside Home (again, not their jobs-ish) when the ones whose jobs it IS to be dealing with us inside Home - The Mods - have become just as disinterested and invisible as Management. You NEVER see a Mod actually doing the job they get paid to do, let alone walking around where they might be SEEN and do some *edited for inappropriate language* GOOD. I can't tell you the last time I saw a Mod do so much as pop up in the chatlog. They used to give text warnings, even if they WERE invisible. And if/when that didn't stop the behavior, they would "corner plant" someone, or stick them IN a bench...hell, I have a friend that was locked in a Mod's Harbor Studio for half an hour while he got an ear/eye full of the "improper behavior" speech.

C'mon Mods and Management...get off your collective pedestals and get back to work.

Snidely K Whiplash

Got Rope?

I have Knot.
Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 123 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
71 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

I simply stopped spending. Last purchase I made was for the Juggernaut Winter wonderland pack in the beginning of December. Before that, I've spent close to $600 on Home since the creation of my account half a year ago. Now, I feel they don't deserve my money. For reasons already listed by others, I will not spend until I see improvement. Europe used to be in our shoes but their community acted as a whole and stopped spending all together after their cries were ignored. Since then, their management has been all about the users and take and give feedback constantly. I know most likely the NA community couldn't pull off such a thing but all I can know is that at least they have one less customer.

Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 123 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
443 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

How long will it take for people to stop justifying questionable actions and decisions and just admit that there are some pressing problems happening that are debilitating this Home in a downward spiral?

These specific people I believe are just part of the problem as mentioned previously. The NA Home Management apparently aren't going to take harsh criticism easily, but I'm sure they'll oogle over the sugar coated nice complimentary posts that support them...effectively making it seem that things aren't as bad as it seems.

Right?

Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 123 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4099 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

KyIeHyde wrote:

How long will it take for people to stop justifying questionable actions and decisions and just admit that there are some pressing problems happening that are debilitating this Home in a downward spiral?

These specific people I believe are just part of the problem as mentioned previously. The NA Home Management apparently aren't going to take harsh criticism easily, but I'm sure they'll oogle over the sugar coated nice complimentary posts that support them...effectively making it seem that things aren't as bad as it seems.

Right?

Exatly.   In fact, the nice thing about these forums is we have a documented history that shows that many of the people, such as myself, that are being highly critical of GlassWalls and frankly the entire management team for Home (not just NA), have in the not so distant past been HIGHLY supportive of Home and excessivly patient, understanding, and respectful to the management team over the years, and what did that get us?

Worse communication, worse support, very little recognition and even less implementation of requested changes, and an increasingly unstable software.

As Joanna and others have pointed out, if anyone in charge had an once of common sense, they should be terribly alarmed and be questioning their own actions as to why so many customers who were once great supporters have turned on them and are furious over how Home is being run.

To paraphrase GWs own words, Knock it off GlassWalls, you should know better!

I can only hope that someone at Sony with enough authority to make a significant change recognizes that Home is doomed to fail if something doesn't change VERY soon.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 123 (251 Views)
Splicer
62 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2013

Now...back to why I came here to post again after being absent for so long.

I have been a Home user since the day after Christmas right after Home went "Open"...and have spent a truly enormous amount of money on Personal Spaces, furniture and clothing items within Home. I have been a staunch supporter of Home, both online and out here in the "real" world. Telling people about it and trying to get them to sign into Home and check it out. I have been a member of multiple Home clubs and organizations, some very well-known & respected and some less so. I have also been a solid supporter (tho less vocally) of the Mods, Community Managers, and Home Management in general.

That being said, I find that in the last year or so I am spending less and less time inside Home.

I find myselves much less likely to spend as much (or ANY) money on items within Home.

Why is that, I ask myselves. The answers are many and varied.

They include the complete absence of the Home Moderation team, allowing the pervasive influx of trolls, perverts, and just all-around jerk holes (I cleaned that up for you W_O) to go unchecked.

They also include the Management team's total disinterest in hearing or responding to ANY of the complaints or concerns of the Community.

And also my absolute abhorrence of the quality of much of the content that is foisted upon us merely because we will buy whatever tripe they deem us lucky enough to have shoveled before us like so much slop before swine.

And to them, that is all we are...greedy little piggies, mindlessly gobbling up everything they shovel in front of us, herding into whatever space they direct us to, serving them up with the "bacon" of our now less fattened wallets.

If we are truly tired of being ignored, no longer happy in our role as hogs to their slaughterhouse of virtual consumption, then we as a whole have to do something that they WILL listen to.

Since they no longer listen to our words, we will have to speak to them with our wallets and purses. Not just reducing our spending, but an all out stoppage of purchases of any sort. Not only for Sony's proprietary content, but 3rd party content as well.

And don't be quiet about it, go to their Facebook pages & Twitter feeds and TELL them why you aren't buying their content.

By pulling the income away from the 3rd party developers, they in turn will add there displeasure and pressure to ours. This will add to that empty feeling in Sony's pocket that our lack of spending has created.

Then and ONLY then will Sony remember that, while they ARE a huge International Corporation, they still live and die by OUR whim and our wallets.

Snidely K Whiplash

Edit: removed non-constructive comment

Snidely K Whiplash

Got Rope?

I have Knot.
Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 123 (214 Views)