Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ghost of Sparta
7260 posts

Re: Does NA Home Need a New Management Team ?

Jan 18, 2013

When a member of the management team is prone to angry backlashes at the community rather than demonstrating the level of respect and appreciation that it deserves, I do believe the answer is yes, yes we do. Of course I think the folks who enable such behavior and constantly remind us that we must be nicer to our Home staff are as much to blame. Why change when the same group of suck-ups constantly defends and even kudos the aforementioned behavior?

I used to have my feelings hurt very easily as well. I then turned 16 and got over it. That was right around the time that I started my first job and learned about how I had to be nice to customers. I guess some are still learning.

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 123 (504 Views)
Last Guardian
10804 posts

Re: It's very sad, I know a few people who are slowly moving...

Jan 18, 2013

julie_love wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

julie_love wrote:

It's getting to the point that I thinka new person visiting Home will find all the public spaces filled with trolls and all of the people that used to make Home an interesting place to visit have left.

You sure have a high opinion of these mythical people you speak of.  Well let me tell you something until the day I am no longer in Home  perhaps then and only then will your statement be even remotely possible.  You need to come out of your ivory tower and reconnect with reality.  Your conceited statement is an insult to everyone in Home.  As far as trolls go your statement could have easily come from one.  If you feel yourself too good for the public spaces may I say stay in your own apts.  And for someone who has the word Love in your name you are showing precious little of it in this statement.

If you're the most interesting person I can hope to run into in Home I'm going to sell my PS3 and get an Xbox.

or sell PS3 and get a Wii U, or buy PC System requirements for any games. 

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: &quotMe love sum animes!" -AL2009man 2014
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 123 (494 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1605 posts

Jan 18, 2013

All I know is I got a Palomino Horse yesterday for $1.49 so somebody is doing something right.  Problem with a lot of you is you forget the old saying: "never look a gift horse in the mouth"!!!!!!!!!!!Ozzy300.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 123 (430 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Jan 18, 2013

im.jpeg

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 123 (429 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1605 posts

Jan 18, 2013

al2009man wrote:

julie_love wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

julie_love wrote:

It's getting to the point that I thinka new person visiting Home will find all the public spaces filled with trolls and all of the people that used to make Home an interesting place to visit have left.

You sure have a high opinion of these mythical people you speak of.  Well let me tell you something until the day I am no longer in Home  perhaps then and only then will your statement be even remotely possible.  You need to come out of your ivory tower and reconnect with reality.  Your conceited statement is an insult to everyone in Home.  As far as trolls go your statement could have easily come from one.  If you feel yourself too good for the public spaces may I say stay in your own apts.  And for someone who has the word Love in your name you are showing precious little of it in this statement.

If you're the most interesting person I can hope to run into in Home I'm going to sell my PS3 and get an Xbox.

or sell PS3 and get a Wii U, or buy PC System requirements for any games. 

Poor julie   GlassWalls probably not coming to her next event.       TEE HEE

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 123 (424 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
7260 posts

Jan 18, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

What event will you be holding that we could expect to see GW in attendance? Please sign me up for that one.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 123 (338 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4138 posts

Just how out of touch is our Home Staff these days?

[ Edited ]
Jan 18, 2013

This series of replies is just one of many examples of why so many of us feel the Home staff is out of touch with the community and the issues they have with Home.

This is from the recent announcement from GW that we will no longer be able to make backups of our Home files in case of a corrupted file, which also means we will no longer be able to save multiple layouts of our spaces and multiple series of avatar saves.  Which understandably has gotten many people very upset.

GlassWalls wrote:

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

GlassWalls wrote:

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

Can we expect to see multiple save slots on the servers at any point in the near future?

How does this affect picture frames? Do our picture files need to be uploaded to the servers?

Will this patch increase the chances of item limit increases for apartments?

Will this enable wardrobe changes for apartment guests?

Thanks in advance, GW. :smileyhappy:

We will still have the multiple avatar save slots, just not multiple sets of save slots. However, we're also working on adding additional save slots in future versions of Home, so rest assured, we're keeping options in mind.

Thanks for the response but I was actually asking about save slots for furniture layouts. Be prepared for a lot of upset people who have worked on multiple apartment layouts and have back-ups saved on external drives.

Personally, I don't think that this update should have gone forth without providing people the opportunity to save ALL their apartment layouts for future access.

This might have to be a feature request for the future, but it's quite an excellent one. Only the smallest percentage of folks do this, so the number affected will be small, but I still think that is a valid concern to pursue.

This is a perfect example of how out of touch our Home staff is with the core community... You know, the same ones who have been supporting Home much more so than the casual user who tries it out and moves on.

First of all, not only does GW have no clue how many of us save multiple files for using different layouts (like saving files for different Holiday themes) or how many save different files for Avatar saves (as the wardrobe issues have gotten so bad, most people I know would rather quit Home, swap the character settings file, restart Home to use a saved avatar than spend several minutes trying to find items that have been forced into the dreaded storage menus) due to the fact that the number of avatar save slots is still insufficient.

Furthermore, GW acts like this is the first time he has heard of this suggestion (wanting an option to save multiple layouts for the same space), which in fact  has been one of the more common suggestions being made in multiple suggestion threads and other threads for over three years now.

Joanna, one of the MVP members of this forum has posted about this suggestion for years now.

Not only that, but instead of adding more avatar save slots, which is what they did in 2011 with the 1.5 Update changing it from 9 to 24 (took them over two years to finally do just that)... they are going to prevent us from using multiple saves so we will no longer be able to save more than 24.  

Not only that, but even when they changed the number of save slots from 9 to 24 it still wasn't enough save slots for many based on the numerous replies in this forum about that issue that GW apparently has never read... But it also won't let you select a saved avatar until all 24 are loaded, which can sometimes take a long time to load.   So changing it to 24 made the load time that much longer.

Instead, how difficult could it possibly be to simply have multiple sets of 9 (better yet 12 so they fit evenly on three rows of four) saved avatars.  For instance when clicking on the load avatar button, instead of it loading 9-24 saved avatars, it would instead show you a series of numbered tabs.  Click on one of the tabs and it would load just those set of saved avatars.  This way we could saved over a hundred avatars, but not have to load them all up before picking one.

Wouldnt it be nice to have a tab of saved avatars for let's say, swimwear outfits, another for evening wear outfits, another for fantasy characters, another for Xmas outfits, another for Halloween costumes, etc, etc etc.   Its such an obvious solution to a BIG problem... Yet it's never been done.... Like so many other issues in Home.

It doesn't take a genius to see how this could easily be implemented and that if anything it would only encourage more wardrobe purchases instead of what we have now, and that's the growing number of comments from people like Joanna who normally enjoy buying new clothes for her avatars, increasingly saying they are buying less and less stuff as it can be so frustrating trying to find things forced into storage, and there simply isn't enough save slots, and with 24 saved, it can take a very long time to load even just 24.

If GW and the rest of the Home Staff truly cared about their customers, most of these issues would have been solved long ago, as this forum has proven time and time again, it's not for lack of input from their customers, who have for years now been coming up with some great suggestions, and yet few have even received any kind of response or recognition, let alone implemented their ideas.

Instead, we have an exceptionally unstable program, and woefully understaffed support staff, and a Home staff that spends almost all their time on this forum promoting new content, and almost no time addressing issues, complaints, and suggestions from the community.

I've been a huge supporter of Home for years, and have invested untold numbers of hours and money into Home over the last four years.  I've influenced several of my friends to do the same, but I have not seen the same level of dedication to Home from the people who are in charge of it, which frankly is unacceptable.

As a result of this, and the blatant disregard for their customers as proven in this forum over the last year or so, there has been a fairly dramatic increase in the number of angry and disappointed posts in this forum directed at the management of Home, and has caused many arguments to break out in these forums between the few apologists (I used to be one of them) still believing that Home is being managed just fine, and those of us who know it is not, and could be managed sooooo much better.

Home used to have so much potential, and I still believe it is not too late, but you'd have to be so biased and blind not to see how badly managed Home is, and how that has drastically affected the service, and is disenfranchising some of their best customers, and turning off many others.

I used to think it was the service that needed the most changes, but now I have so little confidence left in the current management, that I think to save the future of Home we need new management.  One that values their customers, and actually spends time either using the service on a regular bases or getting advised by those that do.... Because so far based on what I've seen in Home over the last four years, our current management does neither... And to make matters worse, they rub salt into our wounds by their tremendous lack of communication with the community.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Are-We-Happy-With-The-Level-of-Communication...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/NA-Home-management-needs-a-serious-OVER-HAUL...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/SONY-NEED-TO-GET-THEIR-ACT-TOGETHER/td-p/392...

These are just a few recent examples of threads clearly showing the growing disappointment in how Home is being managed.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 123 (460 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
7260 posts

Re: Just how out of touch is our Home Staff these days?

Jan 18, 2013

So out of touch it fairly boggles the mind. Worse perhaps is the fact that when such concerns are brought up, they are either routinely ignored, or dismissed with an overly harsh remark either by staff (ocassionally) or the tight-knit little group that defends their every action (frequently). I thought those in charge would be used to such criticism and understand how to deal with it by now. Obviously I assumed too much. Despite assertions that staff is always watching and reading what is written here, recent comments indicate that is simply not the case.

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 123 (403 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4138 posts

Re: Just how out of touch is our Home Staff these days?

[ Edited ]
Jan 18, 2013

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

Its a safe bet this thread will be herded into THIS ONE

If so, it will be yet another example of how instead of addressing and fixing problems they try and sweep them under the rug.

This isn't about just the announcent, it's about their actions or lack of over the last year or more, and how out of touch they have become. GW's replies in that thread are just examples of the problem.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 123 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1605 posts

Jan 18, 2013

myalana wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

What event will you be holding that we could expect to see GW in attendance? Please sign me up for that one.

Well it warms my heart that you would want to attend an event that I am holding.  But I am somewhat shy and never learned the ways of a social butterfly.   I promise you though if I do ever host an event you will be among the first invited.  I am proud to say I did talk briefly to GW while in Home.  One time was the first day bootleggers started and another time at some halloween thing.

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 123 (287 Views)
0 Likes