Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Re: NA Home management needs a serious OVER HAUL

Jan 15, 2013

I am beginning to feel there is a racist conspiracy against NA.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 123 (527 Views)
Last Guardian
6051 posts

Jan 15, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

Huh?

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 123 (521 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3419 posts

Jan 15, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

Where in the world would you even get that from?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 123 (509 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Jan 15, 2013

I told you guys...when that blog update was pushed back to wedsday it was just a sneaky ploy to promote more impulse buying.

The price gouging that some people seem to accept with the lame excuse that the developers need to eat too has flies all over it. As the OP stated ITS AN UNLIMITED SUPPLY !

There are no shipping costs, production is computerized digital wire mesh, and how the hell hard is that to do ?

They probably spend more marketing the items thru Home as positioned advertisements in public spaces than anything. Then theres the licensing fees and Sony's post sale cut. The blame rests squarely on Home's shoulders why Home is slowly dying.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 123 (501 Views)
PlayStation MVP
30920 posts

Jan 15, 2013

LightOfValkyrie wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

Where in the world would you even get that from?

their tinfoil hat seems to be on too tight.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 123 (492 Views)
Sackboy
416 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Unfortunately, companies make decisions based off actual consumer spending data, rather than forum threads.  Prices will be set at a point where the most income is generated, as opposed to the point where the fewest complaints are generated.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 123 (468 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Yeah that all sounds good on pen and paper, but companies also do marketing and research BEFORE hand. With the blog being pushed back its a safe bet we'll see a lot more unwanted stuff that will be aided by impulse buys because nothing is worth purchasing for this week.

If people dont find out what new content is available until the day of release its kinda silly.

Not everyone reads the forums, the blog or 3rd party sites simply because its not that serious. They just are willing to purchase content at reasonable prices that appeals to them. Not everyone will natuarally agree to pricing...but the truth is many people also have been conditioned to purchase a PSN card the night before updates to insure they get the new stuff. And a lot of those very people let the cards burn a hole on their pockets and wind up buying content just to say they got it because they had a card that week (even though the items purchased were subpar, glitchy, and wind up being a regret later down the road).

All of the winged locomotion items are the perfect example. Different prices, styles and variations..yet they all do the same basic thing. So spending data is pretty useless...unless its a sure WANT from the public as opposed to a TAKE IT AND SHUT UP from the developers.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 123 (429 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5774 posts

Jan 16, 2013

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

Yeah that all sounds good on pen and paper, but companies also do marketing and research BEFORE hand. With the blog being pushed back its a safe bet we'll see a lot more unwanted stuff that will be aided by impulse buys because nothing is worth purchasing for this week.

If people dont find out what new content is available until the day of release its kinda silly.

Not everyone reads the forums, the blog or 3rd party sites simply because its not that serious. They just are willing to purchase content at reasonable prices that appeals to them. Not everyone will natuarally agree to pricing...but the truth is many people also have been conditioned to purchase a PSN card the night before updates to insure they get the new stuff. And a lot of those very people let the cards burn a hole on their pockets and wind up buying content just to say they got it because they had a card that week (even though the items purchased were subpar, glitchy, and wind up being a regret later down the road).

All of the winged locomotion items are the perfect example. Different prices, styles and variations..yet they all do the same basic thing. So spending data is pretty useless...unless its a sure WANT from the public as opposed to a TAKE IT AND SHUT UP from the developers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually I enjoy my different wings, black wings for dark costumes,,, glowing wings for fantasy costumes, I don't know how much further they can push the envelope when it comes to wings.

BannerFans.com

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 123 (383 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Re: It's very sad, I know a few people who are slowly moving...

Jan 16, 2013

julie_love wrote:

It's getting to the point that I thinka new person visiting Home will find all the public spaces filled with trolls and all of the people that used to make Home an interesting place to visit have left.

You sure have a high opinion of these mythical people you speak of.  Well let me tell you something until the day I am no longer in Home  perhaps then and only then will your statement be even remotely possible.  You need to come out of your ivory tower and reconnect with reality.  Your conceited statement is an insult to everyone in Home.  As far as trolls go your statement could have easily come from one.  If you feel yourself too good for the public spaces may I say stay in your own apts.  And for someone who has the word Love in your name you are showing precious little of it in this statement.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 123 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
6051 posts

Re: It's very sad, I know a few people who are slowly moving...

Jan 16, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

julie_love wrote:

It's getting to the point that I thinka new person visiting Home will find all the public spaces filled with trolls and all of the people that used to make Home an interesting place to visit have left.

You sure have a high opinion of these mythical people you speak of.  Well let me tell you something until the day I am no longer in Home  perhaps then and only then will your statement be even remotely possible.  You need to come out of your ivory tower and reconnect with reality.  Your conceited statement is an insult to everyone in Home.  As far as trolls go your statement could have easily come from one.  If you feel yourself too good for the public spaces may I say stay in your own apts.  And for someone who has the word Love in your name you are showing precious little of it in this statement.

I see just what Julie means. They are truly everywhere...especially on the forums.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 123 (364 Views)