Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 10 2007
By: electrix5882~ First Son 23 posts

My opinion of home

4 replies 21 views Edited Apr 10, 2007
I hear alot of people bashing home over on alot of other forums, sims clone, this n that, but i think they suffer from the I just look at pictures syndrome, now at first i was a bit sceptical about it, but after reading more about it, it seems that it is xbox live 3D, instead of paying for gamer pics and themes, we get tvs and couches and stereos......If its done right I think it is potentially a system seller just like xbox live..... anyone elses thoughts?
Message 1 of 5 (21 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Re: My opinion of home

Apr 10, 2007
My  opinion, for what that is worth. Is the PS Home, if done right is the killer application quite capable of engendering a major change not just in the console wars, but in the PC world.

PS3 is a healthy computer, and otherOS an open invitation. Combine this with a a well done virtual world as a means of accessing internet services and there is a gravitational pull, as a vast proportion of PS3 owners will be using it regularly – a market of millions.

I also believe that there is a need to move over to fixed architectures like PS3 in general computer use, as this promises an end to endless software bloat, a premium for getting the most from the HW, and a huge decrease in maintaining computer networks.

PS3 is a good candidate to bring about a very big change, the need for which is already apparent in the “industry”.
Message 2 of 5 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4458 posts

Apr 10, 2007
I think you are sorta comparing it to the other guys a bit too much.
RED-DOG

Photobucket
Message 3 of 5 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7937 posts

Apr 10, 2007
I don't get it. Home is not out yet and people are trying to compare Home already.
Message 4 of 5 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
72584 posts

Apr 10, 2007
While on the PLAYSTATION®3 forum, please keep all content related to the PLAYSTATION®3.

PLAYSTATION®3 General Forum Rules
Message 5 of 5 (21 Views)
0 Likes