Fender Bender
3330 posts

Re: My Take On Home And The Marketing

Aug 1, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

TJMVoyager wrote:
Never seems to amaze me how often the word BETA is used as a cover up or as an excuse not to fix something. For years Home has had a reputation of coming out with stuff and either 1 not fixing something, or 2 not being able to fix it so they get rid of it.

Over the years of Home we have lost several spaces on Home, due to whatever. From personal spaces to private spaces. Its been a common thing with Home that I know all to well.

One that makes my blood boil is the simple fact of coming out with new content and not fixing the old. I have yet seen this from the amount of time I spent in Home.

I get a sense that it's almost as if the only thing they care about is how much they can profit of us.

What really burns me up the most, is the simple fact they fight you to get your refund for of which something is broken, or they can't fix or they just plain take it out and sit in a office in front of a monitor drinking there daily coffee.

Beta to me is and always thought as I have beta tested games to computer hardware to software as a means of testing something out before releasing it to the public to give the developer ideas and bug fixes, not to abuse the word BETA as a way to steal money from the public and hide behind it.

Most recent is Acorn, they say its because of adding new content? How many times have I (we) seen this very same thing? Many many times you cannot deny, and what, it never goes back up or is completely taken offline.

I have always said, PSH needs new management because this is to the point where it's getting old.

Interesting how Veemee comes out with a small space so small that it should be 1.99 rather 4.49, and now interesting how all of a sudden RC planes which I had paid for was taken out.

coincidence? You be the judge.....

Granted that there has been some really nice stuff being released, but good god, why make dumb decisions? I mean really? Why take good things from us while leaving other stuff broken and unfixed and untouched.

Again I thing there needs to be reconstruction of both management and marketing, seems to me there amateurs.

What do you mean  "we have lost personal spaces"?

What personal spaces were ever removed? With the exception of the Chamber Apartment?

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 11 of 20 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
404 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2013

Something I have noticed about social networking programs like HOME is that they tend to carry the beta tag throughout their lifespan.  I think beta as we understand it differs from beta as applied to these types of applications.  I am not a programmer, so I can not say for certain. 

I can empathize with your frustration regarding the RC plane situation at Acorn Meadows completely.  I only recently saved up enough to purchase one for myself.  The first time I took that big beautiful bird up into the air I was grinning like a fool(I actually may have been humming a few bars from James Horner's The Rocketeer soundtrack).  The planes were, for me at least, the best addition to the park.

The good news is that they will return.  The developers stated that they would, and Veemee's commitment to ensuring that the park runs smoothly should be fairly obvious by now.  Remember how everything was broken when the park first launched?  I think we can all agree things have continued to improve over time.

Will I miss the planes while they are absent?  You bet your buttons I will!  On the day they return I will go right back to flying my plane and I hope you will too!

Message 12 of 20 (180 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4019 posts

Aug 1, 2013

steamheart wrote:

*SNIP*

Will I miss the planes while they are absent?  You bet your buttons I will!  On the day they return I will go right back to flying my plane and I hope you will too!

Whoo, whoo, whoo... slow down there steamy, no need to go betting out buttons, over this. If we lose our buttons, how will we keep our shirts on? I for one am not ready to lose my shirt betting.  :smileywink: :smileyhappy:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 13 of 20 (168 Views)
Wastelander
658 posts

Aug 1, 2013
Kudo'd

Worse yet you come onto an official forum to air a concern, for example "This personal space is too small or this item is too expensive" you either never get a response or you get guides whose only purpose to to parrot words of encouragement towards developers and words of condescension towards users.
Goodbye PSN home, You made the PS3 different, In a good way.

Message 14 of 20 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
404 posts

Aug 1, 2013

JulianMatisse wrote:

steamheart wrote:

*SNIP*

Whoo, whoo, whoo... slow down there steamy, no need to go betting out buttons, over this. If we lose our buttons, how will we keep our shirts on? I for one am not ready to lose my shirt betting.  :smileywink: :smileyhappy:

In this instance it would be a winning bet Julian.  That means more buttons for....um...buttoning your shirt....or something.

Message 15 of 20 (164 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Aug 1, 2013

There's a bunch of legit criticism in the OP, but you've also got to look at things on a developer by developer basis. Some of them have done a good job fixing broken things, and VEEMEE has done very well at getting Acorn Meadows fixed. It's a drag that the planes will be out of commission for at least a week (probably a month, based on past experience), but they'll make good on it.

Digital Leisure has also been very good about fixing stuff, as has Granzella. I don't think I need to name the devs who are terrible when it comes to fixing content.

This is something you should consider when you're making a purchase. What is the developer's track record? Do they fix things or just dump content and abandon it? How many broken spaces/items do they already have? There are some developers I won't even consider buying from anymore, and some that I trust to do the right thing.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 16 of 20 (135 Views)
Sackboy
447 posts

Aug 1, 2013
I wish more people would be on topic instead of going off tangents, and then going off tangents of tangents. I agree with HeartWow. DL and GZ have done good jobs at fixing stuff that is broken or bugged, and I applaud them and have bought things from them mostly. Other companies, I can't say who, but they just don't get it. Also, I wish things like CutThroats, Mercia, The Midways (and hot zone), Bootleggers, etc. would be fixed.
Message 17 of 20 (107 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1663 posts

Aug 1, 2013
Do to the red of ness, some people think the redish is some what annoying I removed it.

No I am not bashing, I am making a point that's all :smileyhappy:

When people are asking which homes, I am speaking of which, places like Bonk, UFC, Red Bull to name a few.

How to put a trust in a company / developer if they don't trust the community?

If it weren't for us, they would not be around, we are the ones beta testing it are we not, so again, what do we get return? Well nothing as far as I know except broken stuff.

I don't need to point out again what BETA really is.

If the developers want to make money, that's fine, and they should, but make sure the product is working.

Again sorry about the redness, didn't know it was a big deal even though my other threads has red bold. :smileyvery-happy:

I will make it bigger and more redish next time so you'll need sun glasses. HE HE...
Message 18 of 20 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1663 posts

Aug 1, 2013

Left4Dinner wrote:
I wish more people would be on topic instead of going off tangents, and then going off tangents of tangents. I agree with HeartWow. DL and GZ have done good jobs at fixing stuff that is broken or bugged, and I applaud them and have bought things from them mostly. Other companies, I can't say who, but they just don't get it. Also, I wish things like CutThroats, Mercia, The Midways (and hot zone), Bootleggers, etc. would be fixed.

This here, and I agree, this is what needs to be done instead of making more stuff and trying to make a profit off something and leaving other great content unfixed / bugged.

Message 19 of 20 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2013

As mentioned by our Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla (Hearitwow) above It's not management as much as it is the developers responsibility to fix issues. Who here thinks taking a beta tag off of the product guaratees improved product across the board? I hate seeing a fun product that seems to be working taken offline but it is what it is. You have to believe it hurts developers just as much if not more when they can't pull it together. Lockwood and Mercia rings a huge bell.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 20 of 20 (91 Views)