Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 16 2010
By: Riverside309 Uncharted Territory 1427 posts

Music in Personal Space?

60 replies 151 views Edited May 16, 2010

I'd like to have some music in my personal space. No, not any canned thing provided by the system, but something like a "stereo" device that can play music I have ON my PS3 via the Music tab in the XMB.

Does something like this exist and I haven't heard if it? Is there any plans to DO this?

398 posts

Re: Music in Personal Space?

May 16, 2010

It has been suggested a few times. I hear it's coming but it's hard to tell fact from fiction sometimes when it comes to home. I would love to be able to play Mp3s in my personal space. So lets keep our fingers crossed that it's in the works.

photo 241cbbb8-c0fa-4ff8-92f5-868a50a26232.jpg
Message 2 of 61 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1427 posts

May 16, 2010

Long as I haven't missed something!

I'd guess about 80+% of the folks spending money on personal spaces, would opt for a few, 1-3, bucks for a stereo. That's a LOT of potential revenue for not that much up front cost to Sony.

0 Likes
Sackboy
398 posts

May 16, 2010

Yes but I'm sure there are copyright laws and such that may be holding things up. I have no idea about such matters just speculating. I to feel sony could turn a big prophet on a device in home that lets you play mp3s.

photo 241cbbb8-c0fa-4ff8-92f5-868a50a26232.jpg
Message 4 of 61 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5132 posts

May 16, 2010

So Far Only Way Is Through Your Sony Headset .. You Could Play Your Music BUT Theres Issues ..

It Goes Static .. ALOT !

Holding R2 Down The Whole Time = Difficult To Type If You Type With PS3 Controller Unless You Use Keyboard

Either Way Everyone Is Waiting For Media Streaming, Which I Think May Come Between Sony & Copyrighted Content :smileysurprised:

Message 5 of 61 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3203 posts

May 16, 2010
best you can do for now is either use a microphone or a usb audio feed...and hold down your R2 to get music into a personal space

they get different levels of feedback to the small bandwidth Home allows for the upload

and the R2 button stops working is held more than about 20-30 seconds...so you have to release and repress it to keep the music going

do a search at the bottom of the forums...there are some good discussions on how to do this cheaply 8)
Message 6 of 61 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
552 posts

May 16, 2010

cbeyond wrote:
best you can do for now is either use a microphone or a usb audio feed...and hold down your R2 to get music into a personal space

they get different levels of feedback to the small bandwidth Home allows for the upload

and the R2 button stops working is held more than about 20-30 seconds...so you have to release and repress it to keep the music going

do a search at the bottom of the forums...there are some good discussions on how to do this cheaply 8)

Yeah, that's the most irritating part.

Message 7 of 61 (151 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3512 posts

May 16, 2010

You mean to say.your not enjoying the one beat loops that are now in place at the plaza and gamers lounge?

We can put men on the moon..Music?Nah....That is a little more difficult than that...(hey look over there).(Diverts attention)lol

The music is HORRIBLE(in plaza) they have up now...its not music..it sounds like loops that some non musician put together and didnt want himself. Insults my intellegence actually.

What little I have./..lol

Message 8 of 61 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1427 posts

May 17, 2010

cbeyond wrote:

Oh, I could easily play through my AVR (the PS3 is part of a home theater setup)... just thought it would be "cooler" to play "in world." That way, my invitee could also hear the same stuff I was. I mean, a comely avatar and I, a little Barry White on the stereo (yeah corny I know!).

0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1427 posts

May 17, 2010

musicman1234 wrote:

You mean to say.your not enjoying the one beat loops that are now in place at the plaza and gamers lounge?

Insults my intellegence actually.

What little I have./..lol

Think of it as Muzac, like they used to pipe into elevators! Again, some options would be nice.

OTOH I also look at all the worlds/places in Home and do know what it takes to create all this stuff (I've managed softwre dev IRL). So my expectation is that someday we may get such options... it just might take a while!

0 Likes