Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/04/2011
Offline
6276 posts
 

Re: Most Random Thing A Stranger Has Said To You On Home?

Jun 30, 2013

Well, this was a few years back, when IREM Seaside was still around.

I was there hanging with some old friends of mine at the time, and I remember someone coming up to me and asking me this question.

I'm sure most of you are thinking, it's probably "are you single? xD" but instead, it was a.."are you interested in being apart of this home love reality show?"

 

I'm there thinking, home reality show? This guy can't be serious.

But he actually was. Apparently, it work like most reality love shows you'd see on channels like VH1, MTV, etc.

A group of 'girls' would participate in fighting for some virtual guys love.

Of course, I declined. Just knowing people could really get into something like that, is rather strange.

Message 11 of 99 (475 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 03/02/2013
Offline
4019 posts
 

Re: Most Random Thing A Stranger Has Said To You On Home?

Jun 30, 2013

Katari1260 wrote:
When I log into home, I usually head over to the Pier Park and sit for a minute. This allows me time to get comfy, get food, etc before actually running around home.

During this time there's usually an assortment of male avatar's that walk up to mine. EVEN if I'm not wearing anything revealing. (I change my avatar a lot) And I usually get this: "Hi, wow, you're pretty hot" Which in turn, if they are still there when i get back to my tv I usually reply "yeah, my avatar is kinda rockin' it today" and they leave.

HOWEVER.... One lonely night, at about 4 AM, in 2012 I was feeling adventurous, and moved my avatar from her usual start spot, to one more hidden. The guy followed me, to my spot, waited until I came back, and simply said, "I had a great day today, I can't wait to stop by and see you again."

Why is that strange? because not only did after that he follow me around Home, but he proceeded to explain that when he said he had a great day, he meant that I was the nicest sales rep he had met in the store I worked in at the time, and he felt he should thank me properly. So he found my PSN Tag, and met up with me, in the virtual world known as Home.

yeah..... Needless to say, it was weird..

That's pretty creepy...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 99 (474 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/28/2009
Offline
7724 posts
 

Re: Most Random Thing A Stranger Has Said To You On Home?

Jun 30, 2013

Katari1260 wrote:

Why is that strange? because not only did after that he follow me around Home, but he proceeded to explain that when he said he had a great day, he meant that I was the nicest sales rep he had met in the store I worked in at the time, and he felt he should thank me properly. So he found my PSN Tag, and met up with me, in the virtual world known as Home.

yeah..... Needless to say, it was weird..

I think if you had told him (in a very crowded public space) that you really appreciated his business and that you had never sold that much hemorrhoid cream to one person before, that he may have stopped following you :smileyhappy:

Message 13 of 99 (462 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/01/2009
Offline
229 posts
 

Re: Most Random Thing A Stranger Has Said To You On Home?

Jun 30, 2013
LOL! That's great! I really should have been more snappy with it, but the fact that he could report me to my boss for crude behavior even if it was outside of work scared me.

And that he follow me worried me even more.
Message 14 of 99 (447 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/28/2009
Offline
7724 posts
 

Re: Most Random Thing A Stranger Has Said To You On Home?

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2013

Katari1260 wrote:
LOL! That's great! I really should have been more snappy with it, but the fact that he could report me to my boss for crude behavior even if it was outside of work scared me.

And that he follow me worried me even more.

Ah I understand. Still, it was creepy that he kinda stalked you and perhaps some randomness might have thrown him off his game. Maybe after he gave his little spiel about you being the most helpful salesperson etc, you could have just said something like "All I wanted for my 10th birthday was a burrow-owl. Did I get one? Nooooooooooo."

 

Non-reportable and certainly not crude, just a lil bit crazy sounding. See? Random is good.

Message 15 of 99 (440 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 03/02/2013
Offline
4019 posts
 

Re: Most Random Thing A Stranger Has Said To You On Home?

Jun 30, 2013

myalana wrote:



Ah I understand. Still, it was creepy that he kinda stalked you and perhaps some randomness might have thrown him off his game. Maybe after he gave his little spiel about you being the most helpful salesperson etc, you could have just said something like "All I wanted for my 10th birthday was a burrow-owl. Did I get one? Nooooooooooo."

Non-reportable and certainly not crude, just a lil bit crazy sounding. See? Random is good.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All I wanted for MY 10th birthday was a burrow-owl! That's an amazing coinci.... wait crazy sounding.... yeah.... nevermind, then. :smileywink:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 16 of 99 (413 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/22/2009
Online
29222 posts
 

Re: Most Random Thing A Stranger Has Said To You On Home?

Jun 30, 2013

Claire and Jill are always saying random things to me. Oddly enough they still have my credit card. Hmmmm Joanna wake up! :smileywink:

Message 17 of 99 (401 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/11/2010
Offline
5381 posts
 

Re: Most Random Thing A Stranger Has Said To You On Home?

Jun 30, 2013
Someone approached me and asked me, if I had any crack?


This happened @ the old plaza, during a week day I was off. He was trying to make some money, so he could play Call of Duty.

Kept saying, "who wants crack?" He finally got a time out from the plaza.
Message 18 of 99 (399 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 09/10/2012
Offline
1317 posts
 

Re: Most Random Thing A Stranger Has Said To You On Home?

Jun 30, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Claire and Jill are always saying random things to me. Oddly enough they still have my credit card. Hmmmm Joanna wake up! :smileywink:


maybe you just drank too much and lost it.

Message 19 of 99 (392 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 04/08/2013
Offline
28 posts
 

Re: Most Random Thing A Stranger Has Said To You On Home?

Jun 30, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Claire and Jill are always saying random things to me. Oddly enough they still have my credit card. Hmmmm Joanna wake up! :smileywink:


the gossip girl says,

 

are you that vain of yourself, that you can't at least come up with one random thing you've encountered on home? i don't find this shocking at all, to be honest, i expected it.

it's a shame that people encourage this type of behavior, coming from someone who's supposed to be a playstation mvp.

 

you also didn't list what random things your personality 1, and personality 2, have told you. let me guess though? people are still buying it. :smileywink:

Message 20 of 99 (385 Views)