Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Jun 30 2013
By: myalana Ghost of Sparta 7514 posts
Offline

Most Random Thing A Stranger Has Said To You On Home?

[ Edited ]
98 replies 755 views Edited Jun 30, 2013

I think we need another light-hearted thread :smileyhappy:.

 

I remember being in X7 shortly after it debuted and watching as another avi made his way up to me. When I saw his chat bubble open, my first reaction was to think "Ah here it comes...the offer to be his virtual girlfriend or 'hey baby' greeting or something similar". I was wrong. The random user simply told me "I asked my cat to make me a sandwich". I liked that. I think I told him "My cat hates making sandwiches but I like green marbles.". We chatted for 10 or 15 mins like that and parted ways...it was fun.

 

So, what was the most random thing a stranger has said to you in Home? What did you do? Why?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 99 (755 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/06/2012
Offline
5839 posts
 

Re: Most Random Thing A Stranger Has Said To You On Home?

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2013
Hello
I have no keyboard
Where you from?

-My response
Hello
Thats ok press triangle
No
No
No
No
No
No
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 99 (722 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 03/02/2013
Offline
4010 posts
 

Re: Most Random Thing A Stranger Has Said To You On Home?

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2013

Recently, (that could mean yesterday or 2 years ago in Julianspeak--- and yes we're calling it Julianspeak --- deal with it) while strolling along the beach at Lockwood's Sunset Lounge, I happened upon a young woman laying on the beach. I watched as a ghostly, purple, flaming skeleton approached her. He said, "Have you seen my wife?". She said, "no, sorry." Then, he wandered off down the beach to continue his search for his lost wife.

 

 

I stood there for a moment considering this strange character. Then I said, "That was peculiar."

The young woman said, "meh, I've been on Home 3 years, I've seen stranger."

Then the young lady and I had a nice chat about fashion, locomotions and other nonsense.

 

I hope he appears everyday at the same time to do this. It seems like it would be a fun urban legend to spread: "I hear if you go to the Sunset Lounge at midnight, a ghostly skeleton will appear, searching for his long dead wife, lost at sea, 200 years ago." (or something like that)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 99 (715 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/28/2009
Offline
7514 posts
 

Re: Most Random Thing A Stranger Has Said To You On Home?

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2013

JulianMatisse wrote:

Recently, (that could mean yesterday or 2 years ago in Julianspeak--- and yes we're calling it Julianspeak --- deal with it) while strolling along the beach at Lockwood's Sunset Lounge, I happened upon a young woman laying on the beach. I watched as a ghostly, purple, flaming skeleton approached her. He said, "Have you seen my wife?". She said, "no, sorry." Then, he wandered off down the beach to continue his search for his lost wife.

 

I hope he appears everyday at the same time to do this. It seems like it would be a fun urban legend to spread: "I hear if you go to the Sunset Lounge at midnight, a ghostly skeleton will appear, searching for his long dead wife, lost at sea, 200 years ago." (or something like that)


You passed up the opportunity to tell the skeleton "your wife was all skin and bones...I gave her $5 to go get a sandwich"? I'm surprised at you Julian.

 

buckallmighty, I like to alternate my answer to the "Where are you from?" question between "your wildest dreams" and "your worst nightmare".

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 99 (689 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 03/02/2013
Offline
4010 posts
 

Re: Most Random Thing A Stranger Has Said To You On Home?

Jun 30, 2013

myalana wrote:

You passed up the opportunity to tell the skeleton "your wife was all skin and bones...I gave her $5 to go get a sandwich"? I'm surprised at you Julian.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Missed opportunities... :smileysad: He seemed like such a forlorn character, it didn't occur to me be clever. Wish you had been there to point me in the right direction. :smileywink:


 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 99 (670 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/01/2012
Online
1491 posts
 

Re: Most Random Thing A Stranger Has Said To You On Home?

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2013

I had just arrived at the Home Tycoon Train Station. Someone was typing in the chat log, "Help me!", "Can someone help me PLEASE!", "Anyone, can you help me?". Thinking they did not know how to create their city, I responded with "How can I help you?"

 

They replied, "I have thrown up all over my shirt". I responded, "You really should be at your Harbor Place in bed". They then reported me for hitting on them. Lesson learned, never respond to a Avi in distress at the train station.  

 

:smileyfrustrated: Mur

Posted Image
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 99 (665 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 03/02/2013
Offline
4010 posts
 

Re: Most Random Thing A Stranger Has Said To You On Home?

Jun 30, 2013

MysticMur wrote:

I had just arrived at the Home Tycoon Train Station. Someone was typing in the chat log, "Help me!", "Can someone help me PLEASE!", "Anyone, can you help me?". Thinking they did not know how to create their city, I responded with "How can I help you?"

 

They replied, "I have thrown up all over my shirt". I responded, "You really should be at your Harbor Place in bed". They then reported me for hitting on them. Lesson learned, never respond to a Avi in distress at the train station.  

 

:smileyfrustrated: Mur


Anywhere else is okay... but NEVER at the train station. :smileywink:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 99 (652 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 08/18/2012
Offline
4457 posts
 

Re: Most Random Thing A Stranger Has Said To You On Home?

Jun 30, 2013

One day at the hub, I'm just hanging out with my robotic friend. All of a sudden, some random woman comes out of nowhere and told us to "join her fam....or die". I ran for my life...I thought I was getting away until I realized I only made it to the activity board..so me and him had to join.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 99 (651 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/01/2009
Offline
229 posts
 

Re: Most Random Thing A Stranger Has Said To You On Home?

Jun 30, 2013
When I log into home, I usually head over to the Pier Park and sit for a minute. This allows me time to get comfy, get food, etc before actually running around home.

During this time there's usually an assortment of male avatar's that walk up to mine. EVEN if I'm not wearing anything revealing. (I change my avatar a lot) And I usually get this: "Hi, wow, you're pretty hot" Which in turn, if they are still there when i get back to my tv I usually reply "yeah, my avatar is kinda rockin' it today" and they leave.

HOWEVER.... One lonely night, at about 4 AM, in 2012 I was feeling adventurous, and moved my avatar from her usual start spot, to one more hidden. The guy followed me, to my spot, waited until I came back, and simply said, "I had a great day today, I can't wait to stop by and see you again."

Why is that strange? because not only did after that he follow me around Home, but he proceeded to explain that when he said he had a great day, he meant that I was the nicest sales rep he had met in the store I worked in at the time, and he felt he should thank me properly. So he found my PSN Tag, and met up with me, in the virtual world known as Home.

yeah..... Needless to say, it was weird..
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 99 (646 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 03/02/2013
Offline
4010 posts
 

Re: Most Random Thing A Stranger Has Said To You On Home?

Jun 30, 2013

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

One day at the hub, I'm just hanging out with my robotic friend. All of a sudden, some random woman comes out of nowhere and told us to "join her fam....or die". I ran for my life...I thought I was getting away until I realized I only made it to the activity board..so me and him had to join.


Was it the Taco Fam? Are they monitoring you right now? If you're in trouble, don't say anything, just give us 5 happy cat faces and we'll know to try to rescue you. :smileywink:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 99 (631 Views)