Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 10 2010
By: Jim777 Last Guardian 10718 posts

More Trophy options in Home

17 replies 3 views Edited Feb 10, 2010

So Home was always meant to work with Playstation Network trophies, mainly through the Trophy Room concept. And while thats all well and good, i would like to see even more options, ones that might be more possible right now then the legendary Trophy Room. Lets explore how else PSN Trophies can come Home.

So lets start with something simple. Everyone has a trophy rank, so why not have this visible in Home. For example, maybe have an option to display the trophy level along with your name in the text box. This way when i type it might show up as:

Jim777 : Blah blah blah blah

Or if you didn't want to "brag" about your level you could turn the option off.

Another, less advanced method, would be to have shirts linked with certain trophy level milestones. For example have a Home shirt for reaching level 10, getting 1,000 trophies etc. As well as trophy objects in Home for platinum trophies for games. This way when you master a game you can show off your nice platinum trophy in your space. Both of these methods would be simple to do. 

What do you guys think? How do you want your trophy collections displayed in Home?  

I used to put fancy stuff down here.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 18 (3 Views)
Lombax Warrior
211 posts

Re: More Trophy options in Home

Feb 10, 2010
Actually I like this idea much better than having a Trophy Room. 
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 18 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2897 posts

Feb 10, 2010
MAN, this is a pretty decent idea. Not only is it logical, but it puts the primary focus on THE GAMES and makes it feel like much more like a gamer's community. Very nice.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 18 (3 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5125 posts

Feb 10, 2010

Jim777 wrote:

So Home was always meant to work with Playstation Network trophies, mainly through the Trophy Room concept. And while thats all well and good, i would like to see even more options, ones that might be more possible right now then the legendary Trophy Room. Lets explore how else PSN Trophies can come Home.

So lets start with something simple. Everyone has a trophy rank, so why not have this visible in Home. For example, maybe have an option to display the trophy level along with your name in the text box. This way when i type it might show up as:

Another, less advanced method, would be to have shirts linked with certain trophy level milestones. For example have a Home shirt for reaching level 10, getting 1,000 trophies etc. As well as trophy objects in Home for platinum trophies for games. This way when you master a game you can show off your nice platinum trophy in your space. Both of these methods would be simple to do. 

What do you guys think? How do you want your trophy collections displayed in Home?  

Not a bad idea Jim. Id like to display my LV.# to be part of my PSN name if I choose so, I'm all for it.

Message Edited by Ledis15 on 02-10-2010 03:49 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 18 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1994 posts

Feb 10, 2010
I'm for anything with trophies!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 18 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

Feb 10, 2010
Hey jim, great idea!

SUBSCRIBE: InWorldPix

WATCH:  Homeboy's How To

FOLLOW:  @InWorldPix

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 18 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1307 posts

Feb 10, 2010

Jim777 wrote:

Like this Idea alot jim think it would be veryy cool but I would like to be able to earn trophys in home i think that would be very cool.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 18 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1002 posts

Feb 10, 2010

Very nice idea, Jim. Kudos!

Happy Home days to you all always!

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 18 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
721 posts

Feb 10, 2010
REALLY good idea Jim. Kudos.
ZanXBal Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 18 (3 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29051 posts

Feb 10, 2010

Chrysolithos wrote:

It's too bad there isn't a game on home you could play, and as you advanced in the game, you got to wear some article of clothing that would show your rank in the game. Just a thought. (snicker)

With hovertanks, and sparklies to pickup....

Message Edited by Chrysolithos on 02-10-2010 02:15 PM

Poker bracelets over at EA Sports Comples: Silver, God and Diamond.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 18 (3 Views)
0 Likes