Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 13 2012
By: Melpoe I Only Post Everything 780 posts
Accepted Solution

Lockwood, please don't give out the portals.

[ Edited ]
344 replies 1573 views Edited Sep 19, 2012

I know this seems selfish, but I don't care. People love exclusive items, and people like to feel special. It's nice knowing you were apart of something. Lockwood, please do not give out the portal. No, don't make a different color one either. Please, just keep the portal for the beta testers.

I just feel as if this is a low blow to us. Like I commented in a previous thread, us beta testers lost all of our levels. Yeah, we got some items in advance, but now there is no need to even play the game. We lost everything.

Lockwood, please let us have something to show for playing the beta, and losing our levels.

Love, your fellow Home narcissist, Melpoe.

(I have an update)

Thank you, Ck. I really appreciate the effort.

Lockwood.jpg

Can't please everyone? So you find it necessary to release something that doesn't need to be bothered with? Really?

You strip our levels away after all the help us testers gave you for the finalized product, and can't even let us keep the portal to ourselves? 

(another addition)

I do love those who insult us. Granted, you have every right to take a jab, but give something more. Give an actual argument. We're selfish? You could say the same thing for those who want the portal to come out, who weren't in the beta.

Everyone self indulges, and for people to call us entitled, selfish, and ect, is down right sad. Using those words as an insult is pathetic. As if you have never done a selfish thing in your life, or wanted something to yourself.

And in the end, what does that say? So far, few have really just stated why they think the portal should be free for all Instead we get insulted by people who wish to act high and mighty for a brief moment, acting as if we're putting too much effort into asking for a tivial home item. Yes, because it requires much effort to type for an hour about something.

I stated before, it's up to Lockwood. I am not going to demand this, I just hope they do not release the portal. By all means, state why they should instead of wasting your responses as insults. So far, the best I have gotten is "it was never deemed as an exclusive item", and that was from Lockwood themselves. If they wish to use that for the reason behind the portals release, then so be it. I am not asking for a reason, even if the item was slated to be an exclusive, Lockwood could still do whatever they wish.

Bottom line, just think before you post. Some have given actual good arguments and responses for why the portal should come out. Jersqualls, DMCCoutatine, HearItWow, Joanna_Dark_, and  X-MsLiZa-X.(though she was very sassy at first).

While others, like StardustChampion, wish to just throw words around, as if he's a saint and has never self indulged in his life.

(New addition)

Lockwood answered us, I made their reply the solution. Thank you for giving word on the matter, we all appreciate it. I hope everyone enjoys their portal.

(I feel this thread has ran it's course. Mods, please give it a lock. I will pm them as well)

Message 1 of 345 (1,573 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Re: Lockwood, please don't give out the portals.

Sep 13, 2012

May I ask you to explain what the portals are and why they should not be giving them out please I don't think I know what you are referring to. Thanks

The pen is mightier than the sword

Message 2 of 345 (1,544 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4982 posts

Sep 13, 2012

lRlSH-PAT wrote:

May I ask you to explain what the portals are and why they should not be giving them out please I don't think I know what you are referring to. Thanks

here is info on the release of them :smileyhappy:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Mercia-s-Portal-will-be-in-the-LKWD-Store-Se...

Message 3 of 345 (1,530 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Sep 13, 2012

Agreed.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I know someone will come in here, and either say we're just mad because it's being given out to everyone now.

So we can't feel special.

Or we should feel exclusive, because we got to play the game before the public audience.

But really? Does that all really matter in the end?

For example, us beta testers will have not one thing to show for it. That we were in the actual beta testing. 

When this portal is released to the public.

You didn't see VeeMee giving everyone those NML beta hoodies to non beta testers.

You didn't see Sony giving the monorail to non hub beta testers.

So why start now?

Message 4 of 345 (1,524 Views)
I Only Post Everything
780 posts

Sep 13, 2012

lRlSH-PAT wrote:

The Mercia portal was a redemption code item, for beta testers. This was givin' out in august, I believe. They basically granted access to Mercia, instead of having an open tab in the Navigator like No Man's Land.

I feel as though it should stay exclusive for the reasons above.

(Here's a picture of the portal. I stole it from Darkan's thread :3)

portal.jpeg

Message 5 of 345 (1,519 Views)
Survivor
1691 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2012

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

I know someone will come in here, and either say we're just mad because it's being given out to everyone now.

Or we should feel exclusive, because we got to play the game before the public audience.

And, you're right. Previous beta exclusives never were released, and I will bet people complained about getting those. 

Flippidy_floop_flop.jpg

Message 6 of 345 (1,502 Views)
I Only Post Everything
780 posts

Sep 13, 2012

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

Agreed.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

But really? Does that all really matter in the end?

For example, us beta testers will have not one thing to show for it. That we were in the actual beta testing. 

When this portal is released to the public.

You didn't see VeeMee giving everyone those NML beta hoodies to non beta testers.

You didn't see Sony giving the monorail to non hub beta testers.

So why start now?

No doubt will people tell us to stop crying. I am not trying to defend the selfish reasons for it, but we should receive something for it. Yeah, I know, the reward was for playing the beta itself.

Well, lockwood and other developers must be aware of how people enjoy exclusive offers. Hell, lockwood themselves should know about this perfectly, since they made that Myan Calendar active item, and that gold Mech Jet.

Message 7 of 345 (1,495 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29198 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 13, 2012

Why not tweet or post to Lockwoods Facebook page asking them to keep the blue one exclusive and release a red one for everyone?

I just did!

Screen shot 2012-09-13 at 3.03.29 PM.png

Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/LockwoodPublishing

Twitter

@lockwood_Ltd

Message 8 of 345 (1,486 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 13, 2012

Thanks david & melpoe

The pen is mightier than the sword

Message 9 of 345 (1,479 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Sep 13, 2012

Grand_Moff wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

But really, they got mad they DIDN'T get something beta testers did. So, people cannot use that argument.

And, you're right. Previous beta exclusives never were released, and I will bet people complained about getting those.

Leave exclusive items...EXCLUSIVE.

Precisely.

Now Lockwood hasn't officially commented on why it's getting released, to everyone now.

But not to spread rumors, or hype up anything.

Hypothetically speaking; If a certain group of people complained to a company, about a certain exclusive thing they all wanted. Company budges, and releases it to everyone. Do you think that company will admit, that it's because of an outcry of  people not getting it?

Probably not.

Message 10 of 345 (1,476 Views)
0 Likes