Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Last Guardian
10796 posts

Re: Lockwood, please don't give out the portals.

[ Edited ]
Sep 16, 2012

From the EU Forum: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/MERCIA-Portal-Item-for-everyone-next...

MERCIA Portal Item for everyone next week    Page 4   PlayStation Forum.png

Look like EU people doesn't give a **Bleep** 'bout this.

i also agree Retro_1973 of EU forums

MERCIA Portal Item for everyone next week    Page 4   PlayStation Forum.png

edit: re-upload the pics

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: &quotMe love sum animes!" -AL2009man 2014
Please use plain text.
Message 301 of 345 (611 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Sep 16, 2012

al2009man wrote:

From the EU Forum: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/MERCIA-Portal-Item-for-everyone-next...

Look like EU people doesn't give a **Bleep** 'bout this.

i also agree Retro_1973 of EU forums

No, only care enough to make a post about it. 

Please use plain text.
Message 302 of 345 (595 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1980 posts

Sep 16, 2012

Hahaha, nice find Al. 

And there ya have it. Lockwood aint budging on the matter, and frankly from what I just read from the above pics...they'd rather everyone come to terms with it and get over it. Honestly, the only reason this thread is even still alive, is because its a Saturday. Had this been a Monday, theres no way the MODS would've let this go for 30+ pages. 

And the EU guys have a good point too. Seriously, any way you look at it...a lot of people overreacted and blew this WAY out of proportion. Kinda like what happened with the "Free shoes at X7 thread" last week. 

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Please use plain text.
Message 303 of 345 (590 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Sep 16, 2012

Shadow-Runner wrote:

And the EU guys have a good point too. Seriously, any way you look at it...a lot of people overreacted and blew this WAY out of proportion.

That's the funny thing though. The only person to really blow a gasket over the portal's release was bradley, while the op was asking (giving a shot, just like those who asked for it's release).

Where as others came in and turned this into a mess, claiming that we're making a big deal out of a plea, treating this as if we thought poorly of lockwood. Nobody, and I mean nobody, but bradley, actually said lockwood was a poor dev for doing this. Some may feel beta testers should have it to themselves, some don't, and some just don't care about it in general.

I still don't get why people say we're crying over something, when we're asking. Are we not entitled to that? And people find it selfish, selfish to ask for a trivial home item. You'd think in general people wouldn't care. People cared enough to ask lockwood to release the portal, so we asked for them to withhold it, but why must others care that we're asking to withhold it? I'll tell you why, to feel big for a brief moment. They assumed this thread was a demand, and not a plea.

And again, the only reason this thread grew so large is because people came in to put false motives into this thread. People acted as if we would start a riot over a simple plea. Go figure.

@ShadowRunner

I don't know, they could be waiting on lockwood to comment, or perhaps till the wednesday's update to lock this thread. Guess we'll see.

I mean by wednesday if the portal is here or not, we'll have this thread officially done with. Seems like the best time to lock it.

Please use plain text.
Message 304 of 345 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
2697 posts

Sep 16, 2012
Exclusive beta items would be ok IF everyone had an equal opportunity to participate in Home betas.

However, this is not the case !

As an active Home and Forums user and supporter for 2 years, I have tried without success to get beta invites. Selfishly pushing to keep a reward exclusive which I had NO chance to receive seems a bit childish.

Perhaps the portal should be the lvl 30 bonus reward.
Posted Image

Please use plain text.
Message 305 of 345 (449 Views)
PlayStation Moderator
4145 posts

Sep 17, 2012

Some off topic posts have been removed. Please keep it on topic. :robotwink:

space_cape!!

Please use plain text.
Message 306 of 345 (343 Views)
Lockwood Developer
535 posts

Sep 17, 2012

Hi all,

Wow, this thread has become pretty big! We left it on Friday at 18 pages with the mindset of coming back on Monday afresh and responding as honestly as possible. We've caught up now and agree with many of the points made, but ultimately we still think releasing the Mercia Portal to everyone is the best thing to do – as much as we would like to be able to please everyone, we know we can't.

As previously mentioned, we never said or intended the Portal to be a beta exclusive item, and one of our core philosophies is responding to as many user queries and requests as possible. Having access to the Portal has been a big request, so, after considering the ramifications we decided it would be best for the game and community as a whole to release it.

Our primary reasoning behind this was that we want as many people to play and experience Mercia as possible. We figured that making the Portal available to everyone will get it into the hands of some people who haven't heard of Mercia yet, and therefore potentially grow its player base.

We hope you understand and can support our decision, even if you disagree. We're sorry that this has caused so much turmoil, it was never our intention and we had no idea it would sprout a 31-page debate! At least we know you care :smileyhappy:

Kind regards,

Lockwood

Please use plain text.
Message 307 of 345 (251 Views)
Fender Bender
2948 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 17, 2012

even if you dont change the color of the portal for the public one, can we eventually get the orange portal from the lockaway?  i really like that one XD

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!
mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Please use plain text.
Message 308 of 345 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1519 posts

Sep 17, 2012

Perfectly reasonable. Thank you for the response. :womanhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 309 of 345 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
3446 posts

Sep 17, 2012

As I expected they have always been fair that's why I :heart: LKWD

Please use plain text.
Message 310 of 345 (212 Views)
0 Likes