Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

Re: Lockwood, fix your broken-*** Gift Machine already...

Oct 4, 2012
I agree. Last night I spent at least 2 hours in the machine to send the 16 gifts to less than 20 people. I know it is busy with the new free stuff but it was frustrating. Maybe they should have released 4 items each week throughout the month if their servers can't handle the load. Then again, with the issues that were in Mercia I should have realized Lockwood has major issues with their servers.
Message 11 of 18 (206 Views)
Last Guardian
11637 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Lockwood Publishing  Lockwood_Ltd  replied to one of your Tweets    al2009man1 gmail.com   Gmail.png

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 12 of 18 (197 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1839 posts

Oct 4, 2012

I don't know about you all, but I have been having problems for months - which makes me think it has nothing to do with server load.

Message 13 of 18 (176 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1723 posts

Oct 4, 2012

I was having this same issue at 3:30 AM this morning.  For every 4 people I would send something to 2 people would not get the items.  I feel like this shouldn't be an issue in the middle of the night.  This is also not the first time I have had this issue.  This happens whenever I try to send anything to anyone over the last 2 months.  

jason 1 8 0 2 1 2 8 signature
Message 14 of 18 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Oct 5, 2012

I really like the free items and am very pleased this even is being celebrated in this way by Lockwood, so I don't want to seem ungrateful, but I've also been having quite the struggle sending the gifts. Like many of you, I also experienced this in the past, so in some ways I wasn't surprised. I've killed some time by going to Lockwood and checking my e-mail or reading the news via my laptop, and have managed to send some gifts via this multitasking, which has made it less frustrating. But, no doubt, it's an issue.

It often requires you to send the gift twice. The first time it tells you you can't send it, but he second send is successful.

Also, some items seem to be trickier than others. For example, the pink earrings seem to fail the delivery process when I send them to a group. Has anyone else noticed this?

Message 15 of 18 (145 Views)
Sackboy
393 posts

Oct 5, 2012
I haven't noticed any pattern at all with specific items, for me the "Unable to send to..." error happens all the time. If I try sending any item to multiple people it only sends successfully to about a third of the people I select.

It sometimes happens when I'm just trying to send one item to one person.

It does work eventually, but it's pretty annoying.
Message 16 of 18 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1923 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Maxx_the_Slash wrote:

KarateChampChad wrote:
You realize you're not the only one sending gifts right? The servers are busy, just wait it out. You guys have an entire month.

It's not just now.  It's been happening for a year, even during non-holiday months when nothing is going on.  Sometimes when I send my main account items using my alternate account, that's just one person, and I STILL wont get the item out.

I can understand  the gift machine going slow during busy moments like these, but we still shouldn't be seeing exactly half of the friends we selected to send items to NOT getting those items.  It's always exactly half of the people.  That has absolutely nothing to do with busy servers with it always half.

If I send an item to 16 people, only 8 will get it.  When I send it to the 8 that didn't get it the first time, 4 of those people still wont get it.  Send it to those 4, 2 wont get it.  Send it to the last 2, one of them will always not get it.  Finally, when it's just 1 person left to get it, there's no issue at all.

Tell me that's a server problem, go ahead.  It's not, it's a ****ed up programming issue.  Maybe if the amount of people that fail to receive the item wasn't consistently HALF of the people I selected, then I could buy it being a server problem, but that's not the case.

I have the exact same problem. And it has nothing to do with the current server loads cause of the pink freebies. EVERY time I use the gift machine, it fails for half the people I gift. ALWAYS. This week, last week, last month. It's always the same. It fails as the OP described above.

Message 17 of 18 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
393 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2012

The other day I contacted Lockwood about this problem and I got a response today. They told me I was welcome to post their reply on these forums if I felt that it would help some people. It probably won't really help, but it might explain the Gift Machine problems.

Anyway, just for your information. Here is the email from Lockwood Support:

Thank you very much for giving us such a detailed account of your issue.

After speaking with Tim, our programmer who wrote the Gift Machine's code, we've come to the conclusion that unfortunately there isn't actually anything we can do about this specific problem. This is due to the Gift Machine running off of Sony's reward system architecture and doing things that it was never designed to do (that's why it hasn't been replicated by any other developer, or even Sony themselves). This has the unfortunate side-effect of not being able to run as effectively as we'd like. It is constantly working at its absolute limit, and whenever there is additional traffic going through it because of a desirable or free item, it can cause issues. The way around this, and the way around all Gift Machine issues, is patience. The primary thing we can suggest to improve your time with the Gift Machine is to be persistent and patient with it. This means sending one item at a time, to one person at a time. See how that goes initially, and then try more items to more people until you start to see the issue again.

We're really sorry that this solution is less than ideal, but due to its foundations we aren't able to do anything about it currently. We hope you understand and can pass the message on to any of your friends who are seeing
the same issues as you.

Kind regards,
Lockwood Dev Team

Message 18 of 18 (63 Views)