Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Re: Lockwood Dream Yacht discussion

Dec 23, 2011

Neato! I'm happy for you, and we'll leave it at that.

I've been trying to do some research to see if anyone else has been posting about the yacht. The EU board indicates that rewards may be on a day cycle, not just an hour cycle, but my own experience is proving differently so far. They are also alluding that they had a free item in their exclusives store, but I saw no such thing in ours. Bummer.

stevev363 - I have some time right now. I'll play with my clock and post what I find out. Good thinking!

Edit; Tried 12:50AM this morning -- nothing so far. Trying around 11PMish currently. Then I'll try 5PM tomorrow.

Edit2; Tried the 11PMish, still nothing. Definately looks like it's tied to their own clock. Trying last test now.

Edit3; Tried 5PM tomorrow. Still nothing. I guess this rules out the console clock. :/ What a shame.

Item wise, I know I'm missing at least 2 planters and 1 piece of couch...

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 388 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
592 posts

Dec 23, 2011

My review on the Dream Yacht

Yesterday, BloodRayne (Thank you so much for the fantastic tour!!) showed me the Dream Yacht, and although it looks nice, there are some aspects of it that bothers me. 

Pros: It's 3 floors.  THREE MASSIVE FLOORS.  You are able to once again change the setting of the time of day.  Also, the environment around the Yacht is simply stunning.  There is also a nice mini-game on there where you can collect coins throughout the Yacht and earn nice furniture! 

Cons: The last Yacht had an EOD screen for watching videos, yet this one lacks an EOD screen.  Say goodbye to group movie watching in this space!  Also, I felt that some features on there could have been utilized more.  For example: There's a helicopter on one end, and on the other end there is a submarine.  Why not use the helicopter to fly around the top of the boat for a nice view of your surroundings?  Or use the submarine to look at fish and the Ocean floor below? 

The Final Answer?  Depends on if you're willing to blow $10 on something that looks beautiful and has 3 floors compared to something that could have had 3 floors with more activities added to it to make it the ulimate personal space.  The creators were on the right track adding 3 massive floors to the place and a pretty cool mini-game, but that mini-game is done once you have collected all the coins.  After that, there is nothnig else to tie you up.  As a suggestion, I would spend the $10 on the Space Apartment by LOOT since you get more bang for your buck.

*Check out my YouTube show at: www.youtube.com/ShadowKingpin*

*NEW EPISODES EVERY TUESDAY & FRIDAY!*

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 388 (46 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4280 posts

Dec 23, 2011

Being that LOOT has the EOD technology exclusively it's really no surprise that there is no media in the space. But there will be for sure a radio appliance that we will be able to move to any space we choose that LOOT will be providing in the near future, a moveable EOD might not be far behind. I purchased the loot space station apartment and it is very fabulous but to compare the Dream Yacht in any way is completely unfair, the technologies that each Dev introduces is exclusive to each and not shared.

I have given my opinion in the polls and hope that each of you will also, tell management how you feel and what you would have liked to have seen if anything.

Shirobara I'm looking forward to yor findings with the clock settings. 8)

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 388 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
592 posts

Dec 23, 2011

stevev363 wrote:

Being that LOOT has the EOD technology exclusively it's really no surprise that there is no media in the space. But there will be for sure a radio appliance that we will be able to move to any space we choose that LOOT will be providing in the near future, a moveable EOD might not be far behind. I purchased the loot space station apartment and it is very fabulous but to compare the Dream Yacht in any way is completely unfair, the technologies that each Dev introduces is exclusive to each and not shared.

I have given my opinion in the polls and hope that each of you will also, tell management how you feel and what you would have liked to have seen if anything.

Shirobara I'm looking forward to yor findings with the clock settings. 8)

Oh snap!  My bad man.  I totally forgot that the EOD is LOOT's product.  Sorry about that.

*Check out my YouTube show at: www.youtube.com/ShadowKingpin*

*NEW EPISODES EVERY TUESDAY & FRIDAY!*

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 388 (46 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4280 posts

Dec 23, 2011

LOL! Nobody's bad! I'm just a know-it-all! But your observations of the Yacht are spot-on. 8)

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 388 (46 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
28745 posts

Dec 23, 2011

It is tough though when you get used to an EOD in a personal space to not be able to have that in other spaces as well. Wish Loot could license the service to other 3rd party developers or at the least allow us to buy a mobil screen that you can put in any personal space.

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 388 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Dec 23, 2011

stevev363, I updated one of my earlier posts with my results from the clock setting. Sorry if it was hard to see. Unfortunately, after trying 11PM, Midnight, and 5PM for the next day, absolutely nothing triggered for me. It is likely attached to Lockwood's own online clock. Hopefully within the next few days I can figure out the rest of the timing and items. I'll keep my eyes and ears open.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 388 (46 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4280 posts

Dec 23, 2011

Thanks! So obviously we will be taking the slow boat to the showcase goodie. 8/

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 388 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1961 posts

Dec 23, 2011

Thank you so much. I will look at some swanky hotel interior designs.

sword-art-online
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 388 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1403 posts

Dec 23, 2011

Ok lets go to the island and get naked

I mean to meditate

Some Reflection

Self Discovery