Uncharted Territory
1310 posts

Re: Lockwood Concept Theift?

Jun 22, 2012

I suggest if your serious about this, you should contact Lockwood via PM.

You will not get a reply in a public forum.

Copyright laws are different in each state, and your also treading on thin ground with your Accusation.

This is a gaming forum, not a legal court.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 88 (10 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1168 posts

Jun 22, 2012

not saying it's something to get all legal on, but what i am going to say is that i am disapointed that the artistic talent over at lockwood can't do it on their own.

i looked, i've thought, i've compared.

in my opinion this is clear cut theft. nothing is going to change that, save someone showing me similar robots from many sources. otherwise, this artists rendidtion is unique, and being unique makes it pretty obvious to me that lockwood didn't come up with thiers out of nowhere.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 88 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Jun 22, 2012

There's only so many mechanical deviations you can create of a Japanese armor, 2 swords is common in history, samurai art/concepts have been popular since their initial creation, mechs are made to look functional...

Now... this in mind, basically translating into "There's only so much you can make of a subject"... are we really going to assume LKWD spends its time going through deviantart.com looking for concepts to rip off? If that's the case, where's his Geisha and MechJet concepts?

I'm not defending either party, I learned a long time ago that plagiarism debates go nowhere, but just throwing out how slim the odds are that either side has any real right to claim it was "All their idea", be it someone took it from another OR someone getting inspiration from previous incarnations... both could be guilty on both grounds, or both could have innocently made their own 'unique' idea that happened to be similar.

<.< On a humorous note though... would've been nice if LKWD did copy his idea to keep the head, the outfit is awesome, but the tiny head always sets me off a bit. XD

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 88 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1310 posts

Jun 22, 2012

My opinion, its not clear cut, once again, I am not a judge.

Like I said, if he is serious follow thru.

if not, My advice is to be very careful with the words you choose from this point on..

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 88 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Jun 22, 2012

My bad, Ill get to it when I can. Sorry for the slight confusion with this thread and such.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 88 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jun 22, 2012

Grim_Dude wrote:

*words*

Best of luck to you, sir.

I wanted to edit that post yo've made in clarity that you didn't understand a word you've typed.

FYI on a few things:

-As an artist, there are other artists that uses inspiration to create certain properties and IPs that resemble others but aren't blatnant rip-offs. Darksiders, a game that takes from games like Metroid and Zelda, is a primative example.

-You've posted a claim that Lockwood stole from an artist without proof or validating confirmation that the original artist even states his property was stolen. It's created on Home...in a virtual community. NO sense whatsoever does it make to make this claim.

-You say post elsewhere and this is what the forums for. So I also exercise my right to state my facts and opinions on how stupid posts are. This just happen to be one of them, in fact if not the most stupidest I've ever seen.

-You really need to research how to proof read yoru statements. Then try to make sense out of them.

Out of all that, no need for the best wishes. You've made me a bit smarter and made me feel tons better. Thank you for that.

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 88 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jun 22, 2012

Snowstone wrote:

I suggest if your serious about this, you should contact Lockwood via PM.

You will not get a reply in a public forum.

Copyright laws are different in each state, and your also treading on thin ground with your Accusation.

This is a gaming forum, not a legal court.

The nail in the coffin.

Thank you for this post, Snowstone.

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 88 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Jun 22, 2012

Your very much welcome, glad to of helped.

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 88 (10 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1168 posts

Jun 22, 2012

i personally think this SHOULD be publicly addressed by lockwood. i'd like to hear their explanation.

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 88 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1310 posts

Jun 22, 2012

Well, when your friend has to pay a 20,000 dollars in legal fees to find out he is probably wrong.

You can ask him.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 88 (10 Views)
0 Likes