I Only Post Everything
1153 posts

Re: LIST OF BETA TESTERS THAT WILL HELP YOU (UPDATED)

Jun 26, 2009
feel free to add me too!!

Home.
Please use plain text.
Message 141 of 150 (1 View)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9658 posts

Jun 26, 2009

i don't think the list is for extended closed beta testers kulhu

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"The Future is Black"
Please use plain text.
Message 142 of 150 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3203 posts

Jun 26, 2009

Sorry, why does this have any point now with the creation of the HCV team?

Also, since Open Beta has been running since early December - there are MANY of us equally adept (and sometimes more helpful) then the earlier Closed Beta (both Closed and Extended Closed) Testers.

As an overall suggestion....we should ALL:

• Treat others in the forums and in Home with respect
  • NEVER lower ourselves to respond negatively to Disruptive/Rude/Obnoxious behavior
  • Offer help when asked (at least as far as it is practical)
  • Remember we were ALL once n00bs on Home - and try to see things from THAT perspective

That being said...I think Luiggi's idea was great. And this has now evolved in two directions within Home. One, listed above is the Home Community Volunteers. I hope that the Home Management Team utilizes their help even more in the future. The other is the formation of clubs/clans within Home and in the Forums that use the principles I cited above as part of their credo. Some good examples are Team Omega and Vive La Resistance.

Message Edited by cbeyond on 06-26-2009 11:50 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 143 of 150 (1 View)
0 Likes
Survivor
2749 posts

Re: LIST OF BETA TESTERS THAT WILL HELP YOU

Jun 26, 2009
LUIGGY you can add me to the list ill help anyone who needs it
Please use plain text.
Message 144 of 150 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3640 posts

Jun 26, 2009

cbeyond wrote:

Sorry, why does this have any point now with the creation of the HCV team?

Because most of us on this list still help out but weren't included in the HCV list (like me because I had the YLOD).

As you can see it's an old thread but most of us are still around. Some of us can tell you about the history of home

and how it all started, what features were around, etc. That's something new members never got a chance to see.

Plus being that Closed Beta was nothing but adults, it was a different atmosphere back then and you could tell. There

were no people who just logged on bother people, so we would tell newcomers how to block people. We just never stopped

helping.

Message Edited by Blazeking on 06-26-2009 05:01 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 145 of 150 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

Jun 27, 2009
Count me in i was a beta tester and know the ropes, read up on things every day, and i am an active Playstation Home Member. I would love to volunteer my time to help out new people.
Please use plain text.
Message 146 of 150 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2675 posts

Jun 27, 2009

Hello guys.

The list stated on the OP was during the transition to the OB.  (open beta).

Now ,at this point of Home I believe everybody can help everybody even if you were on CB or not.

But,if people want to know more about CB you can ask any cb tester,besides that,to be honest, I don't see a point to put the names of CB testers down again.......because  it will be hard to keep track on who was and who wasn't a cb tester.

Keep this in mind,anybody can help.

So I won't update the list because is not necessary at this point.....

It will just be kept to remember those CB testers that gave their time to help new comers during the transition from CB to OB.

Thanks guys, and I hope you understand.

Please use plain text.
Message 147 of 150 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1565 posts

Jun 27, 2009
I was trying to find who to ask about this... May I become a volunteer?
Please use plain text.
Message 148 of 150 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1363 posts

Jun 27, 2009
I have closed beta tested HOME in the past, I'm willing to help out even more with HOME.
Please use plain text.
Message 149 of 150 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10698 posts

Jun 27, 2009

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3home&thread.id=662508

How can I become a Community Volunteer?

It’s easy. Simply PM a Community Manager and ask. We will put you on a list of users that have offered their services as volunteers. Note that this program is first come/first served, so it may take a while before we get to your application.

As we get closer to the next date when we bring more volunteers in, we will take the requests that we’ve received and perform a background check with our moderation team. Any users that we feel have demonstrated through poor past behavior an inability to perform the duties of a Community Volunteer will be disqualified. Participation is at the moderation and Community Management team's sole discretion and any user that is found guilty of violating the EULA or PSN TOSUA while classified as a Community Volunteer will immediately be kicked out of the program.

If you pass the background check, you are in. There is no minimum or maximum amount of time that you must commit to spending as a volunteer. Of course, we prefer our volunteers to be very active in the community, so please don’t ask to participate if you only sign in to Home once a month. Since Community Volunteers aren’t employees of Sony, Community Managers will not dictate how you spend your time in-world. However, we do require you to be an upstanding citizen while in Home or on our forums. This means that you absolutely must refrain from being a jerk at all times – even if someone is being nasty towards you. Taking the high ground can be very difficult in times of stress, so if you feel as if you can’t be nice to all people at all times (or at least ignore those that don’t match your efforts to be kind and awesome to all community members), we ask that you don’t waste our time or yours by signing up for the Community Volunteer program.

How can I check on the status of my standing in the Community Volunteer program?

Unfortunately, we don’t have the time or resources to keep everyone up to date regarding the status of their applications, so please don’t ask. If you are chosen, we will inform you. If you are not chosen, we will probably NOT inform you. Sorry, but there just aren’t enough hours in the day... 

I used to put fancy stuff down here.
Please use plain text.
Message 150 of 150 (1 View)
0 Likes