Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: Kingdom of the Skies (Rewards/Spoilers)

Jul 12, 2013

So how can i meet the genie in the KINGDOM OF THE SKIES public space?  I don't own anything related to this space and when i fly to the center island I can see the genie lamp under the pavillion but there's a lock and I cannot land to meet genie /get quest.

Is this because i MUST buy something first?

thx!

Message 71 of 198 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4010 posts

Jul 12, 2013
I'm afraid so. Buying the personal space is the only way to land on the islands in the public space, sorry.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 72 of 198 (432 Views)
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Jul 12, 2013

red_wesley - This happens frequently to just about everyone. It's release week so the server is under tremendous stress. The best thing to do is just use the select menu to return to your apartment, then go back to the space and try again. For some reason, whenever I manually leave the space during that kind of error and return, it doesn't reload the carpet game. Only select-menuing out seems to reset it for me. If you're lucky, you can usually get one or two wishes completed before the game bugs out again. Takes a bit of patience, but it will get better with time.

toni_bologni - In order to get wishes from the genie, it seems that you need to be an owner of the Jewel of the Skies apartment. The requirement states you need to be "familliar with the genie" to play; which means you need to start quests with him in the personal space before starting this new adventure in the public one. I have not seen any confirmation saying that owning the clubhouse alone is enough to participte; owning the apartment seems to be the only guarenteed method of participation thus far.

Message 73 of 198 (431 Views)
Welcoming Committee
9313 posts

Jul 12, 2013
Shirobara-, that was an amazing ton of help. Thank you tremedously for clearing alot up. I wish I could kudos that more than once (:
Support Forums
Message 74 of 198 (402 Views)
Survivor
1442 posts

Jul 12, 2013

Community Stash.  Placed on an inaccessible island.  That's funny.  What's Lockwood's definition of community?  For those that don't own the Jewel of the Skies, there's exactly zero reason to go there.  I'm a little sick of this "haves" and "have nots" division becoming more and more popular within Home.  And to think, it all started with a little rope in a theater lobby.  :smileyindifferent:  DG

Posted Image
Message 75 of 198 (384 Views)
I Only Post Everything
961 posts

Jul 12, 2013

Digitman3 wrote:

Community Stash.  Placed on an inaccessible island.  That's funny.  What's Lockwood's definition of community?  For those that don't own the Jewel of the Skies, there's exactly zero reason to go there.  I'm a little sick of this "haves" and "have nots" division becoming more and more popular within Home.  And to think, it all started with a little rope in a theater lobby.  :smileyindifferent:  DG

That rope can vanish if you run while the theater is loading.  As for the community chest, yes they should make it available to everyone,  including those who doesn't own the space.

Message 76 of 198 (374 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

Jul 12, 2013

Great info Shirobara!  That post should be cut and pasted to the OP for future reference.

One thing though I noticed missing:

Shirobara- wrote:

Rewards:

Clubhouse:

Rainbow Carpet Trail

Mystic Carpet Trail

- Arabian Dining Chair - Cerulean

- Harem Pillows - Mystic (Active Object) - Uses 6 Slots.

- Flaming Brazier

- Tall Arabian Lamp

- Arabian Dining Table - Cerulean

- Harem Room Divider - Cerulean

- Arabian Canopy Bed (Active Object) - Uses 6 Slots.

Add the Golden Scarab Sword (Male/Female) to the list of clubhouse Genie's Lamp rewards.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 77 of 198 (348 Views)
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Jul 12, 2013

Digitman3 & The_Dukenator - I second, third, and fourth the idea that people should be able to land on the community island. I honestly think this is a bug; LKWD pretty much specified that the genie was for apartment owners earlier, and perhaps some of the island rewards. However, it makes no sense that non-owners can add to the community stash in Private and Club but not in Public. After all, they can receive the Community Rewards just like the rest of us, so why not let them help! I hope they fix this soon.

smokingpistol - Thank you very much for your kind words, and you're welcome for the information. (:

D-Nitrate - Thank you for the appreciation and for submitting an item to the list. The list, as of now, is still not complete. What is there has so far been everything that I've gotten as an individual. There are still 2 more rewards not on my list yet but that are in this thread (The Cerulean Bench and the Cerulean Throne Cover to be specific, EDEA_KRAMER posted pics of them). I'm not sure which came from where (I'm not 100% sold that all of the rewards are at both spaces, though I feel a majority of them are), so I'm keeping them separate so that way if someone just can't can't can't find something, they'll know for certain where I got it from.

I've been updating the list and FAQ here and there all day, and will continue to do so tomorrow after my runs are complete. I'm happy to add any verified finds to the list; so if there's anything anyone thinks I should add, please, feel free to let me know.

For now, I need some rest! It's past midnight here and it's been a long day. Happy hunting, everyone.

Message 78 of 198 (336 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

Jul 12, 2013

One more reward to add to the Clubhouse list:

Hanging Lamp

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 79 of 198 (334 Views)
PlayStation MVP
992 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2013

The_Dukenator wrote:

Digitman3 wrote:

That rope can vanish if you run while the theater is loading.  As for the community chest, yes they should make it available to everyone,  including those who doesn't own the space.

That's only if your internet is slow enough. :manfrustrated:used to be able to do things like that, but then my speed doubled. That's what happens when you replace a 5 year old router. Now it simply loads too fast for me to bypass it...

Message 80 of 198 (316 Views)
0 Likes