Treasure Hunter
4273 posts

Re: Kingdom of the Skies (Rewards/Spoilers)

[ Edited ]
Jul 17, 2013

pheonixgate1 wrote:

While accessing Haven as a guest on my JP account, I was given the option for a Scarab Sword ornament (like the one you can win from Jewel that also comes as a hand item with the Jewel Thief bundle). I don't have any pics because I chose something else, but I haven't seen it listed in the rewards, so I'm giving you a head's up. ^_^

There is a discussion about the different reward for JP users in the new thread with the guide for all the Skies spaces:

Guide to the Different LKWD "Skies" Spaces

If you don't mind, could you let us know if you were in a Haven clubhouse purchased in JP or were you using a JP account in a Haven clubhouse from a dif region?

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 181 of 198 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2279 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 17, 2013

pheonixgate1 wrote:

While accessing Haven as a guest on my JP account, I was given the option for a Scarab Sword ornament (like the one you can win from Jewel that also comes as a hand item with the Jewel Thief bundle). I don't have any pics because I chose something else, but I haven't seen it listed in the rewards, so I'm giving you a head's up. ^_^

I got that one too and selected it as my choice, but strangely it still has never shown up in my rewards.

@ D-Nitrate I was visiting an NA-based club from JP.

All I can say about the public space in NA is......BUGGED. Literally to the point where I stopped trying tonight--what's the sense? As for the club and public spaces combined, I have gotten 2 rewards in 2 days from the club in 3 regions and both the club and public spaces in 2 regions. That's 2 rewards in 30 wishes over 2 days.  Carpet trails, carpet trails, carpet trails and more carpet trails. Typical aggravating Home randomizer at work again or maybe another bug. Who knows--I'm losing interest rapidly again though. 

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 182 of 198 (273 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4273 posts

Jul 17, 2013

HOPPER_34 wrote:

As for the club and public spaces combined, I have gotten 2 rewards in 2 days from the club in 3 regions and both the club and public spaces in 2 regions. That's 2 rewards in 30 wishes over 2 days.  Carpet trails, carpet trails, carpet trails and more carpet trails. Typical aggravating Home randomizer at work again or maybe another bug. Who knows--I'm losing interest rapidly again though. 

Have you checked which rewards you are still missing?  It sounds like you may have most of the item rewards already, and if so it would explain why you are getting so many carpet trails and or blanks... but yeah, luck still plays a big roll.

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 183 of 198 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Jul 17, 2013
My girlfriend is getting the same carpet trails as everyone and she barely started yesterday to collect these items.
Antonio Xul
Message 184 of 198 (253 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
548 posts

Jul 17, 2013

I was actually visiting my own Haven (which is an NA account) from my JP acct. I also was offered the cerulean table, cerulean chair, and cerulean divider. I picked the table and chair and divider (the sword was thrown in with one of the aforementioned items).

LOL. I actually discovered the other teleport spot on the top today. Thanks for clearing it up (I feel like an idiot). ^_^;

Oh. And I was able to cram the Plinth and Canopy through the room off the side of the main building using the brazier. It was difficult, but if you tip the plinth on it's side, it will fit through the door (prop it up on a brazier, then use another to push it through). The canopy can be knocked over and pushed through the door if you do it top-first--using the brazier to lift it over the slight step in the doorway.

Club: Nachtmere
Message 185 of 198 (244 Views)
Fender Bender
2279 posts

Jul 17, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

HOPPER_34 wrote:

As for the club and public spaces combined, I have gotten 2 rewards in 2 days from the club in 3 regions and both the club and public spaces in 2 regions. That's 2 rewards in 30 wishes over 2 days.  Carpet trails, carpet trails, carpet trails and more carpet trails. Typical aggravating Home randomizer at work again or maybe another bug. Who knows--I'm losing interest rapidly again though. 

Have you checked which rewards you are still missing?  It sounds like you may have most of the item rewards already, and if so it would explain why you are getting so many carpet trails and or blanks... but yeah, luck still plays a big roll.

There are quite a few rewards that I still dont have--I would say about half, especially from the public space. I'm starting to think the availability of the rewards must be tied to something else. Maybe how much progress you have made with contributions to the community stash or something? That's just a guess, but it's either that or it's bugged. There's no way this is just another "bad luck" thing.

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 186 of 198 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Jul 17, 2013

Why not are you Mr. Lucky Dude or something?

Message 187 of 198 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
381 posts

Jul 17, 2013

HOPPER_34 wrote:

There are quite a few rewards that I still dont have--I would say about half, especially from the public space. I'm starting to think the availability of the rewards must be tied to something else. Maybe how much progress you have made with contributions to the community stash or something? That's just a guess, but it's either that or it's bugged. There's no way this is just another "bad luck" thing.

I posted in Support about getting only carpet trails myself.  However, after getting nothing but trails 8 times in a row in 8 wishes, the issue sort of corrected itself.  I believe I currently have 7 of the 8 available Clubhouse rewards.

And Hopper, I would say you're quite right about "availability of the rewards being tied to something else."  Yes it is!  It's tied to the Lockwood server's ability to crosscheck your Inventory and see which rewards you already have.  Since the Genie never offers anything you already own, it replaces the items it would have offered with carpet trails instead.

In other words, I'd say the Lockwood rewards server is having a lot of trouble reading your Inventory Hopper so it's offering up what it can.  When Kat first realized this could be an issue with randomized reward offerings on Home (we started off with quite a slow ISP connection that had trouble keeping up), one of the first things she tried was this:

Wait until the public space loads completely, and until 80% of the other avatars in the space are also loaded and no longer ghosts.  Only then is it safe to start playing the mini-game.

Doing this step first ensures that the reward server can access your profile with much less effort, all the "noise" from the space loading and the wardrobe graphics streaming from other avatars is not competing as much with the reward triggers.

I found this helps a lot.  This technique applies to ANY space with randomized offerings (Genie Lamp Quest, Aurora Sky Fishing, Trap-O-Matic, Southern Island Hideaway Underwater Treasure Hunt, Fossil Dig when you AREN'T digging around "midnight", and Pottermore Trading Cards found on the ground).

From your posts I've always suspected that you, TJM and rramsdell may all be experiencing a similar reward issue, with a particularly unfortunate combination of line error correction difficulty and interference from space-loading noise.  

Message 188 of 198 (189 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4273 posts

Jul 17, 2013

HOPPER_34 wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

HOPPER_34 wrote:

I tested this out with test accounts with no contributions, and as expected with random choices, some got the rewards quickly and others did not.  As much as you might not like it, it very much sounds like bad luck.  If you were not getting any of the rewards, well then that might indicate its not just bad luck.  Also, you would have to wonder that if the game was bugged, why then have others gotten the rewards over the same period of time.

I understand it is frustrating, but so far it just seems you have had bad luck.

"Like it never happened"

Message 189 of 198 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Jul 18, 2013

Does anyone have the tiger LMO yet?  It is past the target needed and hasn't triggered reward notification.

Message 190 of 198 (135 Views)
0 Likes