Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

Re: Kingdom of the Skies (Rewards/Spoilers)

Jul 14, 2013

The_Dukenator wrote:

There's a reason for the 99 gem cap.

And what reason is that?

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 141 of 198 (554 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jul 14, 2013

I also have both the spaces.  I initially bought the clothing outfit.  The the 18.00 dollar space and then needed to purchase the 10.00 space to really explore the islands and potentially gain the rewards.  I do have the white monkey.  I also have all of the rings.  I gained the white monkey by completing the public space jewel collections.  The personal space offers a gold/white gecko.  I have not seen any lighting coming from the weather, only the genie.   An item that no one has brought up is that, in the spiral island , that you find the sword in, there are underground caves.  They are located under the entrance and around the mountain.  There are jewels under the ground.  I haven't been able to really navi around it tho.

:heart:

Message 142 of 198 (530 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

Jul 14, 2013

jenniferx8 wrote:

An item that no one has brought up is that, in the spiral island , that you find the sword in, there are underground caves.  They are located under the entrance and around the mountain.  There are jewels under the ground.  I haven't been able to really navi around it tho.

O_o  

It (the Cobra Sword) has been brought up several times through out this thread, and mentioned in detail in Shirobara's guide in this thread as well (post #50).

Shirobara- wrote:

Scrolls: There are scrolls on almost every island of Kingdom of the Skies to find. Most of them offer flavor text, riddles, and rhymes about the nature of the space. I've not noticed any rewards tied to them thus far, but the ones located in the tower do allude to the existence of the Cobra Sword. Most of these notes contain a picture as their header which leads you to the next scroll in the sequence. They're definately worth a read.

- Cobra Sword (Hand Item, Male and Female, Left-Hand Item)

+ The Cobra Sword is not attainable by a wish, but must be found by exploring the tallest island to the farthest left and forward of the map. The island can be entered by finding a carpet landing point around the back, as you cannot fly the carpet high enough to reach the top on your own. Follow the winding halls up the staircases, and you'll find it hovering on a landing near the top.

If Soulycon is not able to cut and paste this guide to the OP, perhaps Soulycon can ask a Mod to do it for them.  It would likely help those that only read the first page, and thus have not even seen the guide.

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 143 of 198 (509 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2013

Shirobara- wrote:

D-Nitrate - Thanks for clarifying about the reward randomness. You make a good point about the rings; 2,200 does seem rather low now that I think about it. I did already have all available rings before starting progress towards the new one. My new community total is almost 3,000 now. It's possible my totals got messed up or reset somehow. Did you start from scratch with this? I'll gladly update the list with your total if you think so, as this might be some oddity on my part. 

I didn't start from scratch, but my totals remained the same as before.  I also checked the other total point requirments using a test account:

500 pts: Opulent Ring - Ruby
1,650 pts: Opulent Ring - Emerald
2,775 pts: Opulent Ring - Sapphire
? pts: Opulent Ring - Golden Opal
5,100 pts: Opulent Ring - Cerulean
6,500 pts: Opulent Ring - Silver

BTW: Here is why you DO NOT want to wait until you have 99-99-99 gems before depositing them in the community chest.

If you did that you would only get 1,306 points.  In the same amount of time it would take to collect those 99 rare gems (yellow, white or pink).  You could have collected and deposited over 1,000 reds, and over 500 blues and close to 99 pinks - thus by making regular deposits instead of waiting until you have 99-99-99 instead of just 1,306 points, you could easily earn over 3,000 points in the same amount of time.

Also, for those curious.  If you wait for all the gems to appear, in one session you can collect the following:

7 (Yellow, white, or pink)

16 Blue

60+ Red (these regenerate so fast you can never actually clear the skies of red gems at any given time)

So in a little over a minute you can collect ~160 points.

"Like it never happened"

Message 144 of 198 (506 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 15, 2013

Here are the rewards I have gotten so far from the public space (forgot to change hand item to Cobra Sword)

20130714 060051.jpg

Other than the concept art which went straight into storage, the rest of the rewards are really nice.  I especially like the Firefly Lamp which unlike some lamps is quite bright when turned on, casts patterned shadows on the floor and wall.  The animated fireflies inside it is also a nice touch.  The Floating Lamps are also really interesting and also make a decent amount of light when turned on.  And Furaha the White Monkey makes for a fun companion.  The minotaur statue looks nice and is very large, but the only thing active about it is it growls when you click play.  This really should not need 4 slots.  Especially with animated music boxes that have multiple songs and use fewer slots.

Here are the rewards I have gotten so far from the clubhouse space (forgot to change hand item to Golden Scarab Sword)

20130714 060608.jpg

These are all some of my fav rewards compared to all the other "Skies" rewards.  The Harem Pillows active item is my favorite.  The active bed is also quite nice.  The Tall Arabian Lamp is VERY large, bigger than an avatar. 

* The Flaming Brazier pictured here is actually from the Kingdom of Skies public space.  However, it too is really nice with fire animation and is also really large. 

Overall, this is a great collection of rewards.

"Like it never happened"

Message 145 of 198 (496 Views)
I Only Post Everything
967 posts

Jul 14, 2013
You can lie on the bed unlike others that have you sit on them.
Message 146 of 198 (489 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

Jul 14, 2013

The guide at post 50 has been updated with the Jewel of the Skies friends rewards, updated ring reward totals, updated gem location and point count information, and corrections have been made to the clubhouse list regarding the white monkey.

D-Nitrate - While I do say the 'guide on page 5,' the link I attach each time should directly link to the specific post. To be honest, I never look at post numbers, which is why I try to call everyone out by name. That, and I find it more polite. You have a good point about the different forum styles, however, so I'll change my verbatim from now on. Thank you.

In regards to the White Monkey -- I did realize this, which is why I'd asked about it in an earlier post. (: I was just waiting on confirmation before I removed it. There was confusion as to if it was an unlock for the clubhouse like the geckos were, back when it wasn't unlocking or appearing as a reward. A few of us kept checking the monkeys to see if they'd change color; etc. I've removed it from the clubhouse list now, so thank you!

Also, I'll add that information about gems and the new ring totals to the list, thank you!

bestscreenname - Thanks for getting back to me about the monkey, and for digging up those rewards. I'll add them to the list of Jewel items.

pheonixgate1 - Thank you for clarifying about that, and for noting that the store's a bit messy. I'm not sure where the outfits have gone, but things have randomly disappeared from the store before. If they're not back by the next update, a tweet to LKWD or a post to Support might be in order.

The_Dukenator - I see what you're saying about collecting the gems like that. If you do it initially, it makes less work for the long run. If you have a high amount of gems already in your inventory, you won't have to do the flight game twice more in order to fulfill the requirements for your next two wishes. This means you can stand there and get all three wishes without having to get back on your carpet a second time. While this is a good idea, letting the gems stack up to 99 isn't, for reasons that D-Nitrate already stated. If you get to 99 of a specific gem, you should pause to unload some of them before continuing.

jenniferx8 - We have mentioned the gem caves and how to get there. I apologize, as I do refer to it as a 'tower' given its nature of ascent, so that might have been confusing.

Message 147 of 198 (459 Views)
I Only Post Everything
967 posts

Jul 14, 2013

Shirobara- wrote:

The_Dukenator - I see what you're saying about collecting the gems like that. If you do it initially, it makes less work for the long run. If you have a high amount of gems already in your inventory, you won't have to do the flight game twice more in order to fulfill the requirements for your next two wishes. This means you can stand there and get all three wishes without having to get back on your carpet a second time. While this is a good idea, letting the gems stack up to 99 isn't, for reasons that D-Nitrate already stated. If you get to 99 of a specific gem, you should pause to unload some of them before continuing.

jenniferx8 - We have mentioned the gem caves and how to get there. I apologize, as I do refer to it as a 'tower' given its nature of ascent, so that might have been confusing.

Yes, but I prefer to contribute, at least 1000 gems at once before getting more.

I saw the caves, but a screenshot might help.

Message 148 of 198 (445 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

Jul 14, 2013

The_Dukenator wrote:

Yes, but I prefer to contribute, at least 1000 gems at once before getting more.

That isn't possible.  The game only allows you to carry 99 of each dif gem, 297 total (everything you "collect" after you reach 99 is lost.

"Like it never happened"

Message 149 of 198 (439 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
433 posts

Jul 14, 2013

I just bought the Haven of the Skies and I can't figure out how to get to it...  This is my first clubhouse.  It's not showing up in my spaces (although it shows up in purchases), nor in Clubs (I don't belong to any) so I am kind of at a loss.  I went to the Public Space and it is not even letting me activate the crystal ball which I chalk up to overloaded servers.  I would sure like to explore my new clubhouse though >:smileytongue:

Message 150 of 198 (412 Views)
0 Likes