Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
80 posts

Re: Kingdom of the Skies (Rewards/Spoilers)

Jul 14, 2013

thats funny, because i chose the rainbow first too because at the time I thought maybe it was going to be permanent

Message 121 of 198 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2013

tabbyrose wrote:
The carpet trail reward glitch has been happening to me too, it forced me to switch between rainbow and modest 3 times with a single choice

Folks this is not a glitch.

Two important things to remember.

1) The 3 choices are ALWAYS random

2) If one of the randomly chosen rewards (except for the Geckos & Trails) is one you have already received in a previous wish, then it will leave that choice empty - it wont simply change it to an item you have not yet gotten.

Considering 1/3 of the rewards are the Trails and Geckos, the odds that you will see them frequently, especially the more rewards you have already collected is quite high, and yes, it is definitely possible to get nothing but trails or geckos several days in a row.

Just be patient and keep trying.  Just like the Trap-O-Matic, some people will get lucky and get all the rewards quickly, while others it may take a lot longer.

BTW:  If you run into a situation where your 3rd wish only has Trails or Geckos and you do not want to switch them for the ones you already have (this can be tempting to do if you already have a trail you really like (like the Zodiac Trail) or the Golden Geckos in your space and don't want to change your trail or geckos) you might be tempted to cash out your gems instead, thinking that when the day resets with new wishes you will get a different wish.

Unfortunately this is not the case.  Not only will you still get the same reward choices when you return after the reset, but that wish will also count towards the daily limit of 3... So you will end up with one less wish, and still have to change your trail or geckos.

So ALWAYS complete the three wishes, even if the choice(s) on the 3rd wish isn't/aren't what you want, as you will have to accept them the next time you play, and also use up a wish doing it.

Now the exception to that is when you know you have earned all the rewards, or all the rewards you want, then of course you may want to stop doing new wishes once you have the color of Geckos you want or the Trail you want.

That's what I did in my personal space once I got everything and the Golden Geckos came back up as a choice, as they have an added animation that the other geckos do not have (glittering sparkles).

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 122 of 198 (252 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

Jul 14, 2013

Shirobara- wrote:

Community Chest:

- A Tiger LMO reward will unlock for the community once they reach an unspecified goal.

- Aseman the White Tiger (Companion)
           + This is awarded simply by entering any of the three Skies spaces. It was unlocked by the community back when Jewel of the Skies first came out and is available to all users, no matter if they own the spaces or not.

- Donating Gems Unlocks an Opulent Ring - Ruby for male and female.

- Donating Gems Unlocks an Opulent Ring - Emerald for male and female.

- Donating Gems Unlocks an Opulent Ring - Sapphire for male and female.

- Donating Gems Unlocks an Opulent Ring - Golden Opal for male and female.

- 2,200 Gems Unlocks an Opulent Ring - Cerulean for male and female.

- 2,500 or 2,600 Gems Unlocks an Opulent Ring - Silver for male and female.

+Apologies, I forgot to write down the exact numbers when I acquired them, but I am fairly certian the above are accurate as I've only gained 200 more since then. The Cerulean and Silver are new ring rewards in addition to the already existing Red, Green, Yellow, and Blue.

Is 2,200 the number needed AFTER getting the Golden Opal ring?

I ask because it showed that I had 5,100 total points donated when I got the Cerulean ring.

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 123 of 198 (249 Views)
Splicer
80 posts

Jul 14, 2013

it is a glitch has to be here is what it does, it gives one choice, one item, modest, then rainbow, then modest

Message 124 of 198 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Jul 14, 2013

and that is 3 wishes

Message 125 of 198 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

Jul 14, 2013

tabbyrose wrote:

and that is 3 wishes

Yes... its not a glitch, it's random - and you'll see more of that the more rewards you collect.

"Like it never happened"

Message 126 of 198 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2013

Good evening! The guide on page 5 has been updated with Bestscreenname's new rewards [Minotaur Statue - Gold and Deadly Carpet Trail]. Sadly, nothing new to add on my behalf today.

madouda - As the others have already said, the space is still very buggy. This is not an isolated issue, and is to be expected on release week. The weekend of release week is probably the worst time to be there. ^^; It takes some patience, but things will get better with time.

Jason1802128 - Thank you for following up with HOPPER_34's question. I haven't recieved the monkey companion yet, myself, but it seems like he'll be cute!

Edisen & tabbyrose - To be honest, my experience with Jewel of the Skies was not much different. I remember getting the geckos a ton of times before unlocking all rewards. I agree that the carpet trail ratio is pretty much insane by this point; but worry not. The items will unlock eventually. After having a really bad clubhouse day yesterday [all trails], I unlocked 2 rewards there today. Sometimes it's just a little bit of luck.. The wish/item pools are selected randomly; if you already have all given rewards from a specific item pool, then you'll only see the reusable ones. Annoying, yes, but that's how LKWD implemented their color and trail change ideas in. Keep trying and you'll get it. A lot of us are going through this same ting.

bestscreenname - Thanks for the update. I meant to ask you, did you get the white monkey at the public space or the clubhouse? I believe you might have all the clubhouse rewards now. In this thread TSUNADE1224 mentions that LKWD confirmed there are 14 clubhouse rewards total. I believe my list states 15, and the white monkey might be that error, if they're counting carpet trails as rewards. Still, it's worth testing either way. (:

D-Nitrate - Thanks for clarifying about the reward randomness. You make a good point about the rings; 2,200 does seem rather low now that I think about it. I did already have all available rings before starting progress towards the new one. My new community total is almost 3,000 now. It's possible my totals got messed up or reset somehow. Did you start from scratch with this? I'll gladly update the list with your total if you think so, as this might be some oddity on my part.

Today's Haul: At Haven I managed to get the Hanging Lamp and the Active Bed. My third wish was a carpet trail. At Kingdom, I wished for 2 carpet trails, got thrown from the game 3 times, and had my PS3 frozen entirely once. Finally, I got the Arabian Throne Canopy - Cerulean. This is part of the reason it took me so darn long to post, because I wanted to have this information before I did. Thank you all for your patience.

Message 127 of 198 (235 Views)
Wastelander
513 posts

Jul 14, 2013

D-NItrate, I assume you've got everything Jewel has to offer, including the lightning atmosphere. Do you remember how long it took? Or do you remember how many yellow gems it asked for when you won it? I've been trying FOREVER, and I've had it since the day it was released.

Also, just a note: I've looked in the Lockwood Store and the Ameerah and Sultan clothing items are missing, as are the original Jewel Theif costumes. The Ameerah, Indigo, and Mystic rugs LMOs are gone, and so it the Jewel furniture pack. They are not in the store @ the public space, nor in Jewel or Haven. Anyone know what's up?

Club: Nachtmere
Message 128 of 198 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2013

pheonixgate1 wrote:

D-NItrate, I assume you've got everything Jewel has to offer, including the lightning atmosphere. Do you remember how long it took? Or do you remember how many yellow gems it asked for when you won it? I've been trying FOREVER, and I've had it since the day it was released.

I always thought the Lightning atmosphere was a hoax.  Do you have a link from LKWD saying this was a real reward? 

If it was real, someone would have post pictures and videos of it by now.

Other than that, yes I have all the rewards from Jewel of the Skies.

As for how many yellow gems, the number of each gem required for wishes is also totally random, so that wont have any bearing on which rewards pop up.

"Like it never happened"

Message 129 of 198 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Jul 14, 2013
Lightning atmosphere isn't an unlockable. Lockwood stated somewhere that it was a concept they had for the space but never made it into the final product. That and, I've played the game at the apartment long enough to confirm it doesn't exist, trust me.
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 130 of 198 (203 Views)