Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

Re: Kingdom of the Skies (Rewards/Spoilers)

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2013

Shirobara- wrote:

Carpet Trails: Carpet trails change the normally white/blank airflow that follows your magic carpet while flying around the sky. Alternates can be unlocked from the new clubhouse and public space by using wishes to get them. They work just like changing the colors of the Geckos in the Jewel of the Skies personal space; they will come up as wishes more than once, and in some cases you have to accept them to keep your quest rewards rotating.

Carpet trails can be seen by other people in the space around you. Keep in mind they are only available in-game; they do not update your LMO carpet items in any way. The only way to change them is by fufilling the wish-quest for a new one; you cannot simply collect them and choose between them as there is no sub-option by hence to do this. Note: As of the time of this post, carpet trails cannot be seen in Jewel of the Skies; only in the public space and club house. To return to the blank white trail, accept the "Modest Carpet Trail" option when the Genie presents it to you as a wish. [Thanks to pheonixgate1 for confirming that you can get the original carpet trail back.] 

Just to add, by tapping the R2 button to accelerate, your trail becomes much more noticeable (brighter and longer) to others.  If you hold down the R2 button it will make you go very fast, making it hard for anyone to see your trail.

Also, it remember your last chosen Carpet Trail, so even if you leave the space or quit Home, when you get back it will still be active.

Of all the trails, my favorite is the Zodiac, as it gives a comet like tail to your flight. :smileyhappy:

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 91 of 198 (573 Views)
Survivor
1317 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2013

EDEA_KRAMER wrote:

how are you able to update your sig but not edit the OP? i have to keep going through this thread to see if anything is new when it should be on page 1. its your thread nd thus your responsibility. tempest_fire(who you claim to love) updates his ...

I personally am wondering about the sig for a different reason :/ . It's so unbecoming of an Mvp to say they hate others, what a good role model.

Message 92 of 198 (567 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1725 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2013
Monkeymonkey2

White Monkey (I have contacted Lockwood about this one. I earned it in the Public Space, but didn't receive an item or portable item (I even looked in my storage.) I considered that, since there is a scroll featuring a white monkey, that it might be an unlockable feature of the space itself--like the ones Jewel has, but I've looked everywhere and not found it. I'll see what Lockwood says. *shrugs*)

I just went to the space and the white monkey has unlocked for me.  I got it from one of the wishes yesterday but it popped up today.  It is a companion.  Furaha the White Monkey.  I will post a picture shortly.  8)

*Edited - Pictures added

jason 1 8 0 2 1 2 8 signature
Message 93 of 198 (564 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

Jul 12, 2013

I don't know if it was mentioned, but for region hoppers, all the rewards from the Clubhouse are available to all regions of Home (NA,EU,JP, & Asia).

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 94 of 198 (558 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

Shirobara- wrote:

Carpet Trails: Carpet trails change the normally white/blank airflow that follows your magic carpet while flying around the sky. Alternates can be unlocked from the new clubhouse and public space by using wishes to get them. They work just like changing the colors of the Geckos in the Jewel of the Skies personal space; they will come up as wishes more than once, and in some cases you have to accept them to keep your quest rewards rotating.

Carpet trails can be seen by other people in the space around you. Keep in mind they are only available in-game; they do not update your LMO carpet items in any way. The only way to change them is by fufilling the wish-quest for a new one; you cannot simply collect them and choose between them as there is no sub-option by hence to do this. Note: As of the time of this post, carpet trails cannot be seen in Jewel of the Skies; only in the public space and club house. To return to the blank white trail, accept the "Modest Carpet Trail" option when the Genie presents it to you as a wish. [Thanks to pheonixgate1 for confirming that you can get the original carpet trail back.] 

Just to add, by tapping the R2 button to accelerate, your trail becomes much more noticeable (brighter and longer) to others.  If you hold down the R2 button it will make you go very fast, making it hard for anyone to see your trail.

Also, it remember your last chosen Carpet Trail, so even if you leave the space or quit Home, when you get back it will still be active.

Of all the trails, my favorite is the Zodiac, as it gives a comet like tail to your flight. :smileyhappy:

Oooh... one more fun thing with the carpets, if you use the the Lamp of the Inferno (reward for simply entering any Palace of the Seven Winds personal space):

3599ee1cffe5b1f6c855e39e6b255b22.png

When you ride on your carpet, you will also get a trail of flames (not nearly as noticeable as the normal trails, but still cool). :smileyhappy:

Also, when using the Lamp, when you swim it gives an interesting effect:

20130712 115153.jpg

20130712 115212.jpg

:smileyhappy:

"Like it never happened"

Message 95 of 198 (516 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3137 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2013

Here is a new reward I just received from the public space:

lkwdskiesreward.png

BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here BSN was here
Message 96 of 198 (474 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

Jul 12, 2013

Is the game worth the $10 or whatever fee it is to play? Do you have actual missions or is it just collecting jewels? I'm just wondering is it fun or just "meh" and your just collecting the rewards.

Antonio Xul
Message 97 of 198 (460 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2013

Anton_Xul wrote:

Is the game worth the $10 or whatever fee it is to play? Do you have actual missions or is it just collecting jewels? I'm just wondering is it fun or just "meh" and your just collecting the rewards.

It isn't really a game.  All you do is fly around collecting jewels.  Once you figure out the fastest continuous route, that's all you have to do.  The jewels regenerate quickly, and the Genie rarely asks for many jewels, so sometimes you can get all three wishes done in less than 5 min.  Where it may sometimes take some time is if he asks for over 10 of the rarest jewel (yellow in personal space, white in public space, and pink in clubhouse).  Then that can take a while as there are only a few spots (7) that have the rare gems, and unlike the other gems, the rare ones don't always appear, and take the longest to regenerate.

So if you are looking for a challenge, then no this isn't it.  Just fly around collecting gems and turning them in.  It is considerably more fun with friends, and you race each other along the fastest route through all the gems - but flying solo collecting gems gets boring fairly fast.

Thankfully LKWD made it so you can get the 3 wishes fairly quickly - unlike Heavy Water's Avalon Keep gem collecting tasks which can take several hours of flying to unlock just one reward.  *sigh*

That said, I absolutely love the personal space, and there are all sorts of fun 'unofficial' treats to the space.  I also really like the public space with all the different islands.  To me it was well worth the $10.

"Like it never happened"

Message 98 of 198 (454 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
257 posts

Jul 12, 2013

@92

If you look at some (most) of the people that got MVP, it's pretty amazingly clear how big of a joke the whole program is. I guess people incapable of real accomplishments need things such as the MVP title to attempt to justify an unearned elitist attitude. 

FF14 WAR
Message 99 of 198 (444 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Jul 12, 2013

So um...what time do the wishes reset? Isn't it around 4-5 pm PST? Roughly around that time if I recall...

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 100 of 198 (413 Views)
0 Likes