I Only Post Everything
942 posts

Re: Kingdom of the Skies (Rewards/Spoilers)

Jul 12, 2013

red_wesley wrote:

The_Dukenator wrote:

Digitman3 wrote:

Community Stash.  Placed on an inaccessible island.  That's funny.  What's Lockwood's definition of community?  For those that don't own the Jewel of the Skies, there's exactly zero reason to go there.  I'm a little sick of this "haves" and "have nots" division becoming more and more popular within Home.  And to think, it all started with a little rope in a theater lobby.  :smileyindifferent:  DG

That rope can vanish if you run while the theater is loading.  As for the community chest, yes they should make it available to everyone,  including those who doesn't own the space.

That's only if your internet is slow enough. :manfrustrated:used to be able to do things like that, but then my speed doubled. That's what happens when you replace a 5 year old router. Now it simply loads too fast for me to bypass it...

It happens for me once in awhile, since sometime the server takes too long to load.  The top of the stairs has you buy premium stuff to access.

Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 198 (580 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
454 posts

Jul 12, 2013

Thank you Shirobara-

Some new rewards to add:

Arabian Plinth: Cerulean (looks like the red one you can earn in jewel, but it's silver tone with teal accents)

Ameerah Carpet Trail (Pink with a recurring pattern as you fly)

Modest Carpet Trail (The original carpet trail, for those wanting it back)

Insignia Carpet Trail (A recurring pattern that looks like the central design on the original carpet)

Indigo Carpet Trail (Saw this in rotation, but didn't get a good look)

White Monkey (I have contacted Lockwood about this one. I earned it in the Public Space, but didn't receive an item or portable item (I even looked in my storage.) I considered that, since there is a scroll featuring a white monkey, that it might be an unlockable feature of the space itself--like the ones Jewel has, but I've looked everywhere and not found it. I'll see what Lockwood says. *shrugs*)

A note on the carpet trails: they are recurring wishes (as Shirobara said, they are the new geckos, LOL) and they DO NOT show up while playing the carpet game in Jewel of the Skies. They are only visible in the Public Space and the new Clubhouse. Which is a shame really. So if you want to try out a new one, feel free. You can even get the original trail back.

An explanation on why the Community Chest isn't available to everyone: back when Jewel first came out, Lockwood set the Community Rewards on a level that they thought would be challenging. It was won in about a week. This was because guests to the space could also contribute as they earned the ring rewards--and many did. If the public had access to the Community Chest, we would all have a tiger mount by now. It sucks, yes. But I can see why they've restricted access.

As for Jewel of the Skies itself: The 9.99 price tag seems steep, but you have to understand that the space has loads of active content: hidden spots for you to sit, places to recline. Features to unlock. And basically comes fully-furnished with the rewards you can earn through the genie--who is a massive fixture in the original space. -You can even earn more rewards if you visit a friend's space. (4 extra ones, I think). Definitely worth your time if you have the scratch.

Thanks for the info on the Community Chests being linked. I wasn't sure if the one in Jewel was, but you confirmed it. Thank you!

Club: Nachtmere
Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 198 (565 Views)
Wastelander
454 posts

Jul 12, 2013

Some tips for those of you getting kicked:

I was kicked off horribly at first, and even leaving the space didn't help. Shirobara's suggestion to use the Safety Menu (select) is a good one, but I've also found that if you own another space in the same universe (like Jewel or Haven), and access the carpet there for a bit, then return to the Public Space, you're good to go. Everytime so far, for me.

When you're in the space: sometimes if you wait a bit (especially for the video screens to load) you don't get kicked so bad. Also, try to start your game from the pad that is least populated. I know the rear pad is always going to be busy (because of the spawn point), but don't loiter at the front pad or worse, stay there after you've landed. All that avi loading right before the game doesn't help.

When accessing the carpet, if you're using a carpet you bought/were gifted (instead of the default), wait for it to change before setting off.

If someone's on the pad, or if you're on another island and someone's about to leave the same time you are, let them go first or stagger your take-offs.

Don't try to access the carpet right after landing (while you're standing on it). I've been kicked out of the game multiple times because of this.

Don't let your avatar go into idle time (Back Soon...). Keep moving.

I hope this helps. I haven't been kicked off yet (although when I went to the space when I logged on today, it was already broken when I got there, lol).

Club: Nachtmere
Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 198 (558 Views)
Wastelander
539 posts

Jul 12, 2013

Soulycon wrote:

Whew, I haven't made one of these in a while.

Alright on one of the islands there is a scroll, go inside the building and you will notice some gems, collect these gems if you want to until you find a sword which is a reward item. 

Other rewards coming soon. Feel free to post what you got or found.

how are you able to update your sig but not edit the OP? i have to keep going through this thread to see if anything is new when it should be on page 1. its your thread nd thus your responsibility. tempest_fire(who you claim to love) updates his ...

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 198 (528 Views)
Welcoming Committee
3718 posts

Jul 12, 2013

pheonixgate1 wrote:

As for Jewel of the Skies itself: The 9.99 price tag seems steep, but you have to understand that the space has loads of active content: hidden spots for you to sit, places to recline. Features to unlock. And basically comes fully-furnished with the rewards you can earn through the genie--who is a massive fixture in the original space. -You can even earn more rewards if you visit a friend's space. (4 extra ones, I think). Definitely worth your time if you have the scratch.

Cool, I hadn't heard this. How do you earn the rewards from a friend's place exactly?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 198 (493 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
443 posts

Jul 12, 2013

JulianMatisse wrote:

pheonixgate1 wrote:

Cool, I hadn't heard this. How do you earn the rewards from a friend's place exactly?

I think you have to vist them (via their house or club) and do the jewel mini-game thing, and also talk to the genie as well.   The main thing you can get from a frien'd house, is a flying carpet because then you can do more in the public space then.   Im going to see if there is someone who owns it that doesn't mind me joining their place for a short time.  I think there's a thread where you can find people can message them and if they accept you, then you can get a tour of the place.

Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 198 (481 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2271 posts

Jul 12, 2013

@EDEA

That's a very good question, you see updating my sig doesn't cause my PS3 browser major lag, but posting pictures and such does. Also if you wish to complain, make a new thread yourself about the reward items. I'm sure the mods won't mind.  

Or users can just go to a few pages to mmm I don't know... To read about the reward items.  

Also in my post I never once said "Hey everyone, I'll update my thread as soon as pictures and information gets posted! Lalala de da."

I'm not going to update my post, just go through pages until you find what the rewards are.

い わs へれ 

ーそうly 
Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 198 (479 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2013

Updated the Guide on Page 5 with what's been posted since last night and what I got in my wishes today. Unfortunately it was a pretty bad wish day for me, as my clubhouse run was *just* carpet trails for 2/3, and my public space was a carpet trail for 1/3. The items I did get today were the Divian, the Dark Genie concept art, and the Golden Scarab sword. I did see a new item in rotation, the 'Atmospheres' concept art, so I added it to the list. I'll post a picture when I actually unlock it, or someone else can feel free to as well.

For those helping share reward items from the Club space, it helps me to know if you're the club owner or a visitor, so I can try and keep the tally correct. I still haven't had the active bed come up in my rotation for the club, and given LKWD's history, I fully expect some owner-only items to be hidden somewhere.

pheonixgate1 - Thank you for the loads of helpful information! I've added an abbreviated version of your anti-crashing suggestions to the FAQ and given you credit for it. In regards to the Plinth and Indigo/Insignia Carpet Trails, which space did these come from? Club or Public? One of my friends also had trouble with the white monkey - so please post your findings here if LKWD gets back to you. (:

JulianMatisse & Left4Dinner - As far as Jewel of the Skies is concerned, it's been a while but I do recall being able to get items from my friend's Jewel of the Skies place as well. Different color gems appear there if you're a guest, and you can get a few items this way by turning them in to your friend's genie. However, you have to be an apartment owner visiting ANOTHER apartment owner's place. From what my non-owning friends have told me, they can't have any interaction with the Personal Space Genie beyond getting the carpet. All they can do at Jewel is add to the community stash -- which does get them a White Tiger Companion, and any of the donation Ring hand items.

Edit: Added the Jewel of the Skies Personal Space rewards to the list for those who are starting at the beginning. I may be missing some non-item wishes, so feel free to correct me if any of you are doing this for the first time.

Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 198 (453 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4098 posts

Jul 12, 2013

Shirobara- wrote

For those helping share reward items from the Club space, it helps me to know if you're the club owner or a visitor, so I can try and keep the tally correct. I still haven't had the active bed come up in my rotation for the club, and given LKWD's history, I fully expect some owner-only items to be hidden somewhere.

I can confirm that all of the clubhouse rewards listed so far are available for all users.  None are exclusive to the owner, including the bed.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 198 (425 Views)
Welcoming Committee
8510 posts

Jul 12, 2013
Thanks D for the confirmation on the guest rewards. Good to hear the bed can be won by club members.
Support Forums
Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 198 (422 Views)
0 Likes