Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
1370 posts

Re: July 2013 Suggestion Thread

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2013

What I'd really like to see, is a developer bring out an all year Winter space with activities like sleighriding, skiing, skating, snowboarding, snowball fighting, ski-doing, ice fishing, horse drawn sleigh rides, etc, that is open all year to enjoy, just like the beach spaces and the Acorn Meadows Park.

Perhaps there could be rewards offered for playing, just like at Acorn Meadows Park.

The Winter Space (with a day and night cycle please) could be set up like a Swiss Chalet or a Village of some kind, with places to go in and out of and to sit by a fireplace to warm up after being outside playing.

Then enable us to purchase a miniature of the space to have as a Personal space with similar activities to do!

Whistler_Village%20at%20night.jpgwhistler.jpgthCA0AAFNY.jpgthCA6UCCH6.jpgthCAEWO79C.jpgthCAFUFTJG.jpgthCARJY8AX.jpgthCAXYVC3T.jpgthCAU1TVE0.jpgReindeer-sled-ride-.jpgsilvretta-bielerhoehe_langlauf_1_l1.jpgsleigh-rides-1.jpgN-TUBING_shutterstock_66264493.jpgthCADELIS0.jpgthCATC9VWM.jpgWhistler%20Glacier%20Ski-S.jpgth.jpgWhistler_wideweb__470x306,0.jpgrkt_sled2.jpg

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Please use plain text.
Message 171 of 231 (468 Views)
VP of Gaming
25824 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2013

I'd like to see different styles of inverness coats made available for purchase. Male and female versions.

Inverness Coat.jpeg

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 172 of 231 (449 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
27 posts

Jul 15, 2013

I do not have the time to read this entire thread, so I will assume that I am repeating, but here are some things that I think would improve Home:

[Note that "kids" refers to immature people, it is not exclusively about age.]

- More choices for hair for males. I have a bad haircut on my avatar and the other choices would not improve him.

- Take the music out of the Mall. It makes the menus lag while the music is streaming and the menus loading make the music choppy. I have a very fast Internet connection and somehow Home lags for me. My computer never (noticeably) lags. It's obviously a Sony issue in some way.

- On a similar note, speed up the store menus in general. Even doing visiting the store from my personal space takes way too long to load. These are images, text, and radio buttons, they should not take 5 minutes (or more) to load. This isn't a circa 1998 webpage visited on dial-up, yet, somehow, it's just as slow, if not slower. I cannot speak for others, but I have quit the store out of impatience many, many times, without buying what I went there for due to the incredibly slow menus. Lost revenue there more times than I can count.

- Speed up the loading/connecting to spaces. This should be especially true for frequently visited spaces. We're not downloading an entire game here, yet it takes as long as it would to download a full game on a computer at times, just to enter a space.

- Have an option to turn off the censoring like is possible in many MMO's. If adults are talking to adults, we should be able to do so like adults. The kids can see the stars for words instead.

- Along those lines, someone should design a space that appeals to the over 25 crowd. It would be nice for us to have our own space, free of the immaturity that plagues some of the other spaces.

- Have a setting for personal spaces that allows friends to visit without having to be directly invited. It's cumbersome to have to send PSN messages/invite when someone just simply wants to drop by.

- It might be a good idea to start banning beggars in Home. I've noticed this has recently become too common. Kids running around asking if anyone has tokens for the gift machine and attempting to get them to buy stuff for them. It would seem that some people are actually giving gifts to these kids and encouraging this behavior. It should be stopped before it gets out of hand.

- Having a few people patrol/monitor Home now and then wouldn't be a bad idea either. Most of the behavior issues on Home are a result of the kids thinking that Sony doesn't enforce the rules.

I used to play Everquest online adventures for the PS2 back in the day. A couple of immature people thought it was funny to block the doors in a main hub. The characters were solid to each other, so no one could walk past them. An admin was contacted, and showed up. She killed these harrassers, resurrected them, killed them again, for a good couple of minutes to make an example out of them. They experienced loss in their games as a result, and guess what, no one ever blocked a doorway intentionally again.

I'm not saying that something that extreme needs to happen, but an appearance and a ban in front of others would probably curb the more ridiculous behavior on Home. People should be able to relax and have fun without needing a big brother feel, but those who cause trouble should have an example made of them where others can see. I don't personally get hassled, but it's annoying seeing arguments and harrassment so often on Home.

Reporting is fine, but who knows if anything is ever done about it? The person(s) reporting never get any feedback about the issue. The person(s) being harrassed never know if the harrasser got punished. Many people on Home assume that rarely, if ever, anything is done about bad behavior and consequently more bad behavior comes as a result of this. Just my opinion, but if people  saw troublemakers getting banned, it would cut down on a lot of the foolish behavior that is nearly constant.

- There are many words which seem fairly harmless that are censored on Home, even alternate spellings (to circumvent the censor) being prevented, yet, somehow I see variations of the "N-word"  being used constantly in Home. It's an offensive word, no matter who uses it and no matter why they are using it. The same goes for gay and its varients. It's rarely used in a decent sense. Almost always in a derrogatory way.

There are probably many more, but those are the ones off the top of my head.

Please use plain text.
Message 173 of 231 (431 Views)
I Only Post Everything
955 posts

Jul 15, 2013

IvanOffalich wrote:

I do not have the time to read this entire thread, so I will assume that I am repeating, but here are some things that I think would improve Home:

[Note that "kids" refers to immature people, it is not exclusively about age.]

- Have a setting for personal spaces that allows friends to visit without having to be directly invited. It's cumbersome to have to send PSN messages/invite when someone just simply wants to drop by.

- Having a few people patrol/monitor Home now and then wouldn't be a bad idea either. Most of the behavior issues on Home are a result of the kids thinking that Sony doesn't enforce the rules.

-How about a setting to boot accidental invited/troublesome users from your personal space?

-Kinda like Judge Dredd?

Please use plain text.
Message 174 of 231 (425 Views)
Wastelander
536 posts

Jul 15, 2013

I know that it has already been mentioned, but would like to see the Gamer's Lounge brought back (or a version thereof).  I liked going in there and checking out the weekly game launching schedule and joining if I had the game.

Signature

Please use plain text.
Message 175 of 231 (414 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1015 posts

Jul 16, 2013
Couples Dances: I would like to see engagement LOCOs one day. I would love to do the Tango or Waltz with another user in my new Ballroom. I would also hope that both genders will be able to dance together. I would love to do the Tango with another male avatar! XD I think it would work just like the bikes in Acorn, the user with the activated inventory would offer a dance to the other user at that point the other user could accept or decline. What do you think?
Please use plain text.
Message 176 of 231 (359 Views)
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Jul 17, 2013

I was reading the Upcoming Home Content thread and apparently there's no personal space, not even a clubhouse to go with the viking clothes. I was looking through estates awhile back to find a suitable location for a mead hall. Using Veemee decorations I went with Visari's Throne Room. Close enough for now but I would love to see an actual space made to look like a mead hall.

meadhall.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 177 of 231 (309 Views)
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Jul 17, 2013
Hallo!

Please, Will be released the new stuff developer by SONY?, This new stuff is in Alter Ego and Threads.

Why the US team doesn't release own material(Sony), when EU gets both?

Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Message 178 of 231 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
215 posts

Jul 18, 2013

Stuff I found (I see this thread is quiet >_ > ... < _ < )

AAAADGc5vscAAAAAAXl1jg.jpgcheap_short_red_corset_prom_dresses.jpgimg-thing.jpgmetallic-shoes.gifmetallic-shoes-spring-2013.jpgnocturnalflyer-finalrr.jpgRome.jpgSC09BE.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 179 of 231 (252 Views)
MVP Support
6875 posts

Jul 19, 2013

Wouldn't be interesting to have gold and diamond necklaces and pendants as Head accessories like you guys have done for the King Crown x7 freebie? It would be also awesome if you guys can create a gold version of the King Crown pendant.

Men's Necklaces and Pendants

Men's NecklaceMen's Necklace 2

Men's Necklace 2

Men's Necklace 4

Women's Necklaces and Pendants

Women's Necklace

Women's Necklace 2

Women's Necklace 3Women's Necklace 4

Please use plain text.
Message 180 of 231 (230 Views)