Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Re: Jet Set Radio, does it have Home stuff?

Sep 12, 2012

gamer_316 wrote:

my gf is further in the game than I am & she hasn't found anything yet for Home rewards

Once either of you has reached the 10hrs of play mark, and still nothing... I guess we'll know, since even though this title was flaunted a good bit by SEGA, I doubt they'd break their lazy trend of a time-based prize so easily. :smileyfrustrated:

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 32 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
587 posts

Sep 12, 2012
WHat about Sonic Adventures?

Pinball totally rules!
--------------------
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 32 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
8514 posts

Sep 12, 2012
Yes Sonic Adventure has a pair of shoes and a tshirt reward.
Support Forums
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 32 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4420 posts

Sep 12, 2012

gamer_316 wrote:

u have to log in 5 hrs of game play for the 1st shirt then 10 hrs for the 2nd shirt, they are not related to any of the trophies

Thanks, Gamer. :womanhappy:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 32 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Sep 12, 2012

gamer_316 wrote:

my gf is further in the game than I am & she hasn't found anything yet for Home rewards

If she's logged into Home after unlocking Gum and Tab, there probably aren't rewards for the PS3 version.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 32 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Sep 12, 2012

Any updates on this? Asking on behalf of a friend and to satisfy my curiosity.

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 32 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1666 posts

Sep 13, 2012

There was a Mention of Suggesting a Pre-Order of this Game, any idea why they would suggest this? 

In the Pre-Order Description nothing is mentioned, just that we should Pre-Order... 

& even after the Plus Members got a hold of it, there still has not been any info released... 

I already own Future for X-Box, basically to me, this is actually going to be a Downgrade of my Game, but from the looks of it, the Game is still pretty much  there... So hopefully it'll be worth the Download... 

I never cared for Dream Cast so I never played it on Dream Cast, & didn't even like Dream Cast at all... 

But even that said, I still say this Game was a really great Game, xD! 

My only concern for the Game is, how much of Jet Set Radio Future content will be missing in Jet Set Radio... Since it sounds like a Prequel to the Game...

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 32 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 13, 2012

Guru, here's a wiki snippet for you:

"Jet Set Radio Future

Said to be a sequel, yet also a prequel to Jet Set Radio, Jet Set Radio Future, was developed for the Xbox and released in Japan on February 22, 2002, in North America on February 25, 2002 (under the title JSRF: Jet Set Radio Future) and in Europe on March 14, 2002 as a launch game for the console. The game's style and cel-shaded graphics remained faithful to the original, although somewhat improved to take advantage of the Xbox hardware."

The title in question here is just Jet Set Radio, not JSR Future, which is out early on PS+, and not needing a pre-order as it's already here. Also, it's about wether or not this SEGA title has Home content, not so much the series.

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 32 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
34 posts

Sep 13, 2012
Just leave the game ideling over night to hit the 10hr mark and see if anything pops up.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 32 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 13, 2012

GuRuAsaki2098 wrote:

I already own Future for X-Box, basically to me, this is actually going to be a Downgrade of my Game, but from the looks of it, the Game is still pretty much  there... So hopefully it'll be worth the Download... 

I never cared for Dream Cast so I never played it on Dream Cast, & didn't even like Dream Cast at all... 

But even that said, I still say this Game was a really great Game, xD! 

My only concern for the Game is, how much of Jet Set Radio Future content will be missing in Jet Set Radio... Since it sounds like a Prequel to the Game...

Most people who were introduced to the series with JSRF are much less fond of JGR/JSR. Future has more of a flow to it, while the first game is very stop and go.

While the gameplay is similar to JSRF, there are a few important differences between the two. The original Jet Grind Radio had clunkier controls and an annoying camera center function while tagging, although there is an option to turn this off in the HD version. Regarding tagging, there is a multistage minigame while spraying graffiti which does not exist in JSRF. Also, the levels in JGR/JSR HD are linear and much smaller. They cannot be replayed like the open world style of JSRF. The police are to be avoided instead of attacked, there is less of an emphasis on rival gangs, and the boss fights are much simpler and less frequent. JGR/JSR HD is considered to be the more difficult game since it's harder to pull off tricks and the physics are less forgiving.

One unique feature Jet Grind Radio offered was the ability to share user created tags on SegaNet (this wasn't available in JSRF since it was released before Xbox Live). The custom tag editor still exists in JSR HD, but they cannot be shared via PSN or XBLA.

Btw, if you have an Xbox 360, you might consider getting JSR HD on that platform. It runs at a constant 60 FPS, while the PS3 version is jittery in several places. If you're the type who cares about trophies/achievements, there's only 9 on the PS3 version compared to 30 on the 360. There are also two confirmed avatar awards (unlock Gum & Tab for a M/F green hoodie and a yellow spray can prop) which may not exist as Home rewards in the PS3 version. All of the other Dreamcast titles have identical unlock procedures between the two platforms (play for five and ten hours).

According to Sega, the Vita version will be available on October 16th as a separate purchase (also $9.99).

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 32 (140 Views)
0 Likes