Reply
Survivor
Registered: 01/02/2009
Offline
1924 posts
 

Re: {JPN} home GZ big event let the fight start

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2013

LunarEmerald wrote:

F1REFLY_SEREN1TY wrote:
I can't for the life of me beat the wolverine clawed boss. I think without buying either armor or healing, or maybe buying an upgrade able weapon, with no yen he's pretty unbeatable.

He's pretty easy as a beam samurai, even a free one. Other classes need to rely on their bombs (triangle).

 

He's most vulnerable after charging at you. But you only have a few seconds before he starts spinning.


Thanks Lunar.  I do try doing that. I usually can get him close to dying, but I'm taking too much damage.

 

I'm using my account with a beam katana. No paid yen bonuses.

 

Usually I kill the machinegun bot first. Then I let Woverine-bot do his dance. I wait til he's going to charge, then I move laterally to get out of his way. He runs past me, and I go and hit him while he's paused. I can usually get a 3 hit combo in. Then he usually smacks me as he starts his claw spin. I then to to the other side of the room and wait for him to charge again. Dodge, attack, get damaged, rinse and repeat. 

 

I'm just taking enough damage so that I die before he does. And everytime I try to use that healing spot, I end up getting hurt while jumping up and down trying to get it to activate. I'm really annoyed at that.

 

DANG ... i wish I had my Hard Light ring. Then I would RAM > SNAPTRAP > LIGHT FAN > LIGHT CLAW > LIGHT CLAW SLAM over and over till his shiny metal butt glowed.

 

:smileyhappy:

Message 241 of 288 (241 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 03/25/2010
Offline
869 posts
 

Re: {JPN} home GZ big event let the fight start

May 21, 2013

F1REFLY_SEREN1TY wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

F1REFLY_SEREN1TY wrote:
I can't for the life of me beat the wolverine clawed boss. I think without buying either armor or healing, or maybe buying an upgrade able weapon, with no yen he's pretty unbeatable.

He's pretty easy as a beam samurai, even a free one. Other classes need to rely on their bombs (triangle).

 

He's most vulnerable after charging at you. But you only have a few seconds before he starts spinning.


Thanks Lunar.  I do try doing that. I usually can get him close to dying, but I'm taking too much damage.

 

I'm using my account with a beam katana. No paid yen bonuses.

 

Usually I kill the machinegun bot first. Then I let Woverine-bot do his dance. I wait til he's going to charge, then I move laterally to get out of his way. He runs past me, and I go and hit him while he's paused. I can usually get a 3 hit combo in. Then he usually smacks me as he starts his claw spin. I then to to the other side of the room and wait for him to charge again. Dodge, attack, get damaged, rinse and repeat. 

 

I'm just taking enough damage so that I die before he does. And everytime I try to use that healing spot, I end up getting hurt while jumping up and down trying to get it to activate. I'm really annoyed at that.

 

DANG ... i wish I had my Hard Light ring. Then I would RAM > SNAPTRAP > LIGHT FAN > LIGHT CLAW > LIGHT CLAW SLAM over and over till his shiny metal butt glowed.

 

:smileyhappy:


Just group with a friend that have the powerup items. The bosses are syncronized.

 

Or wait 3 minutes and you automatically win for some reason. (doesn't apply for the last boss)

Message 242 of 288 (231 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/08/2011
Offline
1649 posts
 

Re: {JPN} home GZ big event let the fight start

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2013

I never knew about the 3 minute thing. Weird.

 

Also it sounds like you're being too greedy on your hits. If you're hitting him so many times that you don't have time to get away before he spins then you're being greedy. It's safest to only hit him once. Makes the battle last a while but it's safe.

Message 243 of 288 (227 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 01/02/2009
Offline
1924 posts
 

Re: {JPN} home GZ big event let the fight start

May 21, 2013

the 3 min thing might help alot if it works. Hope I can survive that long. I guess i can hit and run. But i tried that before. And a few time he went into the wolverine spin and not only ran my body over once, but 3 times. OUCH. Usually he just spins off clockwise around the room. But sometimes he just seems to go back and forth over me. 

 

Oh well. here we go again....

Message 244 of 288 (213 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 01/02/2009
Offline
1924 posts
 

Re: {JPN} home GZ big event let the fight start

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2013

My friends Ixarix and Steve really helped me out.  And when I say helped, I mean he killed wolverine and the emperor while I avoided dying! LOL

 

I got the bikini and the tidey whities!!! And I didn't even do missions 6-9. 

 

:smileyhappy:

Message 245 of 288 (197 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 01/17/2012
Online
3746 posts
 

Re: {JPN} home GZ big event let the fight start

May 21, 2013

F1REFLY_SEREN1TY wrote:

My friends Ixarix and Steve really helped me out.  And when I say helped, I mean he killed wolverine and the emperor while I avoided dying! LOL

 

I got the bikini and the tidey whities!!! And I didn't even do missions 6-9. 

 

:smileyhappy:


Congrats!  Its always nice to have people who are willing to help.  Im happy for you :catvery-happy::manvery-happy::robotvery-happy:
Contrary Serperior Now Available for U.S.
Quod dignum sit facere, dignum est farcere bene
#Live the game
Message 246 of 288 (175 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 11/11/2012
Offline
504 posts
 

Re: {JPN} home GZ big event let the fight start

May 21, 2013

been like that all week for me untill i go to a private server then most times i see my points but i'm 100% that a fix is comeing this is from GZ on the psn home JP site http://granzella.co.jp/gz_info/201305172.html it says to sum things up faster that they know about all the bugs and how sorry they are so i'm sure after home go down GZ will work there butt off to fix some things but at least they know

 photo moka_zps43a8e4a6.jpghttp://playstationhome.jp
Message 247 of 288 (166 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/28/2012
Online
6019 posts
 

Re: {JPN} home GZ big event let the fight start

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2013

hazu360 wrote:

been like that all week for me untill i go to a private server then most times i see my points but i'm 100% that a fix is comeing this is from GZ on the psn home JP site http://granzella.co.jp/gz_info/201305172.html it says to sum things up faster that they know about all the bugs and how sorry they are so i'm sure after home go down GZ will work there butt off to fix some things but at least they know


Here's a translated link: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://granzella.co.jp/gz_info/201305172.html&pr...:smileysurprised:





Message 248 of 288 (160 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/15/2012
Offline
254 posts
 

Re: {JPN} home GZ big event let the fight start

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

hazu360 wrote:

been like that all week for me untill i go to a private server then most times i see my points but i'm 100% that a fix is comeing this is from GZ on the psn home JP site http://granzella.co.jp/gz_info/201305172.html it says to sum things up faster that they know about all the bugs and how sorry they are so i'm sure after home go down GZ will work there butt off to fix some things but at least they know


Here's a translated link: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://granzella.co.jp/gz_info/201305172.html&pr...:smileysurprised:


I take that it only talks about a workaround and not a fix coming. Considering there's only 1 week left, I don't expect they have enough time to do it also.

Message 249 of 288 (151 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 01/17/2012
Online
3746 posts
 

Re: {JPN} home GZ big event let the fight start

May 21, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

hazu360 wrote:

been like that all week for me untill i go to a private server then most times i see my points but i'm 100% that a fix is comeing this is from GZ on the psn home JP site http://granzella.co.jp/gz_info/201305172.html it says to sum things up faster that they know about all the bugs and how sorry they are so i'm sure after home go down GZ will work there butt off to fix some things but at least they know


Here's a translated link: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://granzella.co.jp/gz_info/201305172.html&pr...:smileysurprised:


I was just discussing that yesterday with several people.  There is over 115 people on the leaderboard at 9,999.999 which seems rediculous that people are leveling up this quickly unless theres a problem with the system giving out waaay to many points to people with high star ratings. 

Contrary Serperior Now Available for U.S.
Quod dignum sit facere, dignum est farcere bene
#Live the game
Message 250 of 288 (266 Views)
Reply
0 Likes