Lombax Warrior
80 posts

Re: [JP] Sodium Telepad Sales are Suspended due to Glitching

Aug 10, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

This is in Japan at the moment and it's interesting they mention the return of the pads after an anticipated core update. One has to wonder what they might be planning from the point of view of a fix.

http://sonypshome.blog.com/id/1540/

Screen shot 2012-08-10 at 5.59.29 AM.png

http://playstationhome.jp/support/mn.html

So I dont understand how glitching with telepads in your own private space has caused discomfort to others in an apt The telepads where created for what they were intended for You know the developers knew that they would be used to glitch but now they caused "discomfort" lmao

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 71 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
682 posts

Aug 10, 2012

that's either a bad translation or they've gone full blown STOOPID over there ! i do hope NA Home has more sense . 

HOMELINGS ROCK!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 71 (363 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9257 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 10, 2012

strider367 wrote:

If they screw up the telepads ruining what people have left. 

Just in case. The "Sodium" Telepad is created by Lockwood Publishing. NOT SONY. LKPD only can ruin it if that necessary in order to fix this bug.

but why SCE London Studio going to "ruined" a item that is created by Lockwood Publishing for?

Remember people: THIS IS OPEN BETA. WE'RE HERE TO REPORT BUGES. and why can London Studio can just make some changes with Personal Space intended *not really a spell check fix* of this

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 71 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
281 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 10, 2012

It is a pretty poor translation and it's difficult to understand... but the gist of it is pretty disturbing. Stopping sales of an item and changing its properties so people cannot use it for some harmless glitching seems draconian. I sometimes glitch in personal spaces, but only do it because it often extends the use of the space, as well as give interesting views from different angles. When you glitch, you can also sometimes see clues about how a space was created or designed, which is fascinating. Removing this harmless ability... simply because of discomfort (discomfort for whom, exactly?) is a poor prioritization of fix issues.

I really am hoping this does not happen in other regions, but I'm sorry it's happening in JP already.

I was intending on buying a personal space after I discovered a wonderful glitch a friend employed used involving the telepads, but I will hold off until I can confirm this "fix" will not happen in NA, where my main account is located.

Thanks for posting this, Joanna.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 71 (342 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
316 posts

Aug 11, 2012

This is what I heard from a JP friend,

1. Someone reported to Granzella about the glitch done at the personal space

2. Kujo, the head producer of Granzella, who is also a perfectionist, doesn't like what he sees about the glitch

3. Granzella reports to Lockwood for a fix, but Lockwood either did nothing or replied they won't do anything

4. Kujo threatens that this is a life and death problem for them, and unless it doesn't get fix, Granzella can't support Home any further

5. Granzella reports to SCEJ

6. SCEJ announced to take away the telepad from the store until they can find a solution

7. SCEJ reports they have found a solution and will be updating the client in the future

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 71 (313 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1780 posts

Aug 11, 2012

What drama.. Lockwood should've told Granzella and SCEJ to shovel it..

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 71 (308 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9257 posts

Aug 11, 2012

asfghjklEU wrote:

This is what I heard from a JP friend,

1. Someone reported to Granzella about the glitch done at the personal space

2. Kujo, the head producer of Granzella, who is also a perfectionist, doesn't like what he sees about the glitch

3. Granzella reports to Lockwood for a fix, but Lockwood either did nothing or replied they won't do anything

4. Kujo threatens that this is a life and death problem for them, and unless it doesn't get fix, Granzella can't support Home any further

5. Granzella reports to SCEJ

6. SCEJ announced to take away the telepad from the store until they can find a solution

7. SCEJ reports they have found a solution and will be updating the client in the future

can they just update Redecorating in Home. that will be my new guest

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 71 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
588 posts

Aug 11, 2012

If I were Lockwood, I'd just pull out of JP Home completely. No need to deal with developers who want to cry when another dev has a product that can glitch another dev's product(s). I'm sure Lockwood makes plenty of money in EU and NA. If it's true Kujo threw a fit because of this glitch, I may have to rethink investing in Granzella products.

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 71 (292 Views)
Lombax Warrior
77 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 11, 2012

HOPPER_34 wrote:

HearItWow wrote:

I've got a $10 PSN card says it was a NA users doing this over there.

Sorry but that's just an ignorant thing to say. NA users must be the only ones who use personal space glitches right? You have no clue how baseless and inaccurate what you're implying really is. Get a grip and send me my PSN card. 

@ RockCandyGirl--fyi glitching and hacking are 2 entirely different things. For starters, "hacking" is illegal.

I am not a big glitcher in Home by any means, but I have done some stuff with the pads in personal spaces. Why? Because I can and it adds more fun to normally unused spaces.

I am all for eliminating harmful glitches, like ones that cause game interruptions or freezes. In personal spaces though? I can't see where any harm is being done. In fact, I believe that some developers have intentionally put areas in spaces specifically for the pads to be used tbh. 

Can anybody say:

Bioshock?

Glitching personal spaces brings more money IN for SONY, that IS A FACT.

Why?  Because friends see the glitchs, so they go buy the spaces and whatever they think they need to do it.

And yes, Home is about fun, and glitching is fun.

However there is one point that is missed here, you can WALK OFF THE EDGE, in a personal space that is glitched and free-fall forever.

With the exception of Loco-Roco Island (Those Devs were smart).

A Massive free-fall of individuals in a personal space can cause the server holding that personal to possibly crash, just like it can in a public space.

They know this.

So expect ONE of TWO things:

Either every new personal space comes built like Loco-Roco Island (Best solution).

Or kiss your Sodium Tele-pads working outside the Personal Space Box, GOODBYE.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news for glitching, but this was inevitable.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 71 (280 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 11, 2012

delete

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 71 (266 Views)
0 Likes