Welcoming Committee
8483 posts

Re: [JP_EU] Okubi Hunting PV by Granzella - PlayStaiton®Home

Jul 23, 2013
The event looks good but I wlll just put this out there. The hakamas that were made for this event look cheap. They just do.
Support Forums
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 38 (247 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
758 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 23, 2013

I kind of wish they stop doing the limited time thing and have a permanent one or at least leave a slightly different version after the event so their work and our paid stuff doesn't become a waste and gives different variation to the game. 

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 38 (236 Views)
Fender Bender
2580 posts

Jul 23, 2013

I hope it comes to NA, I got great equiptment this year^_^

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 38 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
552 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 24, 2013

Just tried my first match in this with my sword... got blasted straight away from a fireball launched by the giant head at the start which seems to take the place of the cyclops. Once you know they're coming, the fireballs can be dodged though. The heads stomp on the ground which might be the time it's possible to attack them with your sword, I'm not sure. In the row houses are the usual umbrellas plus a red ogre. I then used my healing item and got completely frozen in place forcing me to leave the battle before I could see/do any more. So the event seems a wee bit buggy at this stage.

Also, I looked around the Edo space briefly but didn't see a poster showing this week's rewards.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 38 (179 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
758 posts

Jul 24, 2013

The rewards is the gun wall hanging that is shown in the video. Cleared it 2 times, only 1 reward, so it seems to be 1 reward per week.

The game has bugs and the view sucks. I haven't bought the guns so maybe those are neccessary to make this event fun, but after playing it around with previous weapons, I can't say I had fun at all.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 38 (167 Views)
Wastelander
454 posts

Jul 25, 2013

This event was made for the Gunslinger set. If you have the ogre-repelling beans from Setsubun, this will help--but as far as I can tell they are not in the store. You can try the Kunai or the Throwing Stars, since they are cheap, but they'd only be good for the hitoban, as they don't go high enough.

I tried this with the ninja sword (I don't have any armor), and out of about 10 tries, I successfully completed the mission twice. The rewards are probably on a tier system like Setsubun, earned by reaching a certain number of points. Setsubun even had a bonus system for the rod (and possibly the demon cutting sword--but that got pulled) so that you earned extra points for using it during the event.

I still hope this comes to NA. It is a hard event without the gun, but I'd welcome the challenge at this point, as the Extermination game has become extremely stagnant for me.

(And, well. I'd like to see how well the Okubi fair against my Dokuganryu Armor and ninja sword. Bwa ha ha.)

Club: Nachtmere
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 38 (137 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4420 posts

Jul 25, 2013

nagon111 wrote:

The rewards is the gun wall hanging that is shown in the video. Cleared it 2 times, only 1 reward, so it seems to be 1 reward per week.

The game has bugs and the view sucks. I haven't bought the guns so maybe those are neccessary to make this event fun, but after playing it around with previous weapons, I can't say I had fun at all.

What did you use to clear it?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 38 (114 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
28995 posts

Jul 25, 2013

Granzella Inc.@granzella_inc

@Joanna_Dark_ Thanks! You have been a great encouragement for us. We'll keep you busy this week with Kikai, and next week with Tanabata.

Looks like there may be a chance we are getting Tanabata next week according to this reply from Granzella.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 38 (107 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4420 posts

Jul 25, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

@Joanna_Dark_ Thanks! You have been a great encouragement for us. We'll keep you busy this week with Kikai, and next week with Tanabata.

Looks like there may be a chance we are getting Tanabata next week according to this reply from Granzella.

They're going to be releasing Tanabata next week? :womansurprised:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 38 (101 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
28995 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2013

ooOHinataOoo wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

They're going to be releasing Tanabata next week? :womansurprised:

That was what they tweeted. We all know that could mean anything. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 38 (98 Views)
0 Likes