May 19 2007
By: TAP0UT~ First Son 1 posts

Is this game like second life?

8 replies 5 views Edited May 19, 2007
In second life its almost too free you have like people walking around as giant robots and dinos. A nother thing too if these games are so free to do whatever you want then why cant you like be a drug dealer or something like that and mug people, I would definetly buy it if you could do stuff like that.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1324 posts

Re: Is this game like second life?

May 19, 2007

TAP0UT wrote:
In second life its almost too free you have like people walking around as giant robots and dinos. A nother thing too if these games are so free to do whatever you want then why cant you like be a drug dealer or something like that and mug people, I would definetly buy it if you could do stuff like that.

Home is nothing like you mentioned above. It is simply, "A social area" for people to communicate. It is not meant to represent a game. (Reason why it is free) - There will be upgrades that you can pay for... clothes, apartment upgrades, furniture, etc.

You can't do what you want. There wont be any drug dealing, killing, or even gambling. And it's not like Second Life or the Sims. You don't use the bathroom or eat/drink/sleep. Like I said, it's simply a place for you to socialize and interact with the Playstation community.

SIDE NOTE: Before you ask any questions that have already been answered, take some time to review the FAQ located in the Information thread at the top.

Message Edited by Viralblue on 05-19-2007 04:14 AM

!
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

May 19, 2007
well said viralblue. Bascially to me Sony's Home is like xbox live but more of a interactive graphical and walking around. As in Xbox Live is setup where you could chat, send voice messages and have private chats but it is all in Text.

So Home will be a place where you could just relax and meet up and game. Something like a World of Warcraft and FFXI but it is not a game though. I'm just curious to see when the final release is all done and how Sony will expand it and also live up to what Sony has said where you could upload your pics, videos and music and show the hole world your work.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
639 posts

May 19, 2007
Welcome to the forums!
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

May 19, 2007

TAP0UT wrote:

Ya that would be cool ( you tool) just what we need more crime and crap like that. What is wrong with you. Hey look at me Im a virtual thug.....( arent i cool) MY GOD this is one of the most useless post i have ever seen.

Craig K

Message Edited by craigny1 on 05-19-2007 08:32 AM
Kill a man and you're a murderer, kill many and you're a conqueror, kill them all, you're a god
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

May 19, 2007
Welcome to the forums, but please don't compare Second Life and Home
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1359 posts

May 19, 2007
second life is a bit TOO crazy at times
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1055 posts

May 19, 2007
Home Is More Like Online Virtual Communities Much Like 'Habbo Hotel' And Other Sulake/Related Creations..

They Are Much Alike, Considering They Both Let Users Make And Dress Up Their Avatars, Lets Them Walk Around And Chat, Emote Different Things, Let The User Own A Room/Home To Deck Out With Furnishings And Can Meet Up With Others In There, Play Little Games, And Have Areas That Are Sponsored/Presented By Other Companies..

Second Life Is A User-Generated Community Of Different Things, And The Only Similarity Would Be Being Able To Walk Around In 3D Space..
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

May 19, 2007
Home is just better than Second Life, no matter what.
Grand Theft Auto IV
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (5 Views)
0 Likes