Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
80 posts

Re: Is there anyone 30 or older in Home?

Sep 28, 2012

I usually do not like to deny my age too much and I have told the truth to some people here in Playstation Home that have asked me, I will be 47 years old soon. I apologize but I cannot add you because I like to play video games alone and this characteristic does not have anything to do with my age, I am a little bit more than other people given to myself but I want to clarify that I am not that selfish for not to at least generally interact with other gamers and public in general. The fact that some gamers are above 40 years old does not mean that they play because they are daydreaming to have a syndrome similar to the one presented in the "Curious Case of Benjamin Button" and are in need of a "psychiatric treatment" to accept their age. In fact, people above 40 like me play to truly have fun because we have developed enough functional emotional maturity to enjoy playing video games. Thank you very much for creating this posting because sometimes is good to explain to the community some aspects of our personality, including the age, to prevent misunderstandings in the way we handle our avatars. Good luck and hope you find and add a lot of cool gamers!    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"A LOVELY PSN PLAYSTATION HOME BUG STUFFED PIZZA FROM SWAT THAT FLY PIZZA DELIVERY JUST FOR ME"!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 1611 of 1,646 (348 Views)
Splicer
56 posts

Re: Is there anyone 30 or older in Home? Sign here.

Sep 28, 2012
lol @ Lil about being asleep in a corner somewhere. You must have seen me a few times then? I use to fall asleep on home alot. I try not to as much these days lol.

@ OrionAngel, I agree about the gaming. I was and still mostly are the same about gaming but not as bad. With me it was if your not sitting in the same room as I am then were not gaming. That being said, there are a few friends on home that I do occasionally game with online.

I'm getting older and I like playing at my own pace. I guess I've always been like that, I enjoy taking my time and savor all there is to take in.

I do have some great friends on home. That being said, I am a loner for the most part. I never would have even tried home if not for a friend from work that kept telling almost daily that I should try it. I almost didn't survive my first week. All I did was go around doing what little they had on home in 08.

I do enjoy meeting people from all around the country and the world for that fact. It amazes me that you can do that without even leaving your place if residence :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 1612 of 1,646 (321 Views)
Fender Bender
2964 posts

Sep 28, 2012

The only people I told my real age on Home was the greygamers. I'm 41 but if I talk to someone who's younger I usually tell them I'm about 10 years younger than that. I get afraid that they'll freak out if they knew how old I really am. There's been some that freaked out enough over me being 31. I think it depends on how a kid is raised. If their parents or a close older relative actively play video games, their more accepting to older gamers. But if their parents don't play games, than they think no adult should be either.

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 1613 of 1,646 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
7532 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Bobsfed wrote:

The only people I told my real age on Home was the greygamers. I'm 41 but if I talk to someone who's younger I usually tell them I'm about 10 years younger than that. I get afraid that they'll freak out if they knew how old I really am. There's been some that freaked out enough over me being 31. I think it depends on how a kid is raised. If their parents or a close older relative actively play video games, their more accepting to older gamers. But if their parents don't play games, than they think no adult should be either.

I know how you feel Bob. It seems theres a stigma that comes with being over 29 years old and being on Home. Actually it isn't just Home...many people are surprised that I play video games period. I grew up with them though...as did many of our peers. It really shouldn't be a shock that we never outgrew them. We don't outgrow fun do we?

Please use plain text.
Message 1614 of 1,646 (303 Views)
Gaming Beast
1927 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 29, 2012

I'm 78 but feel like I'm in my 40's :smileywink:

And **bleep** right myalana!

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Please use plain text.
Message 1615 of 1,646 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2964 posts

Sep 29, 2012

jimmynet wrote:

I'm 41 but sometimes I feel like I'm 21. People usually don't believe that I'm really 41 niether. I've been told I look about 25 to 30. Are you really 78 Jimmy? That's awesome! :manhappy:

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 1616 of 1,646 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1927 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Bobsfed wrote:

jimmynet wrote:

I'm 41 but sometimes I feel like I'm 21. People usually don't believe that I'm really 41 niether. I've been told I look about 25 to 30. Are you really 78 Jimmy? That's awesome! :manhappy:

I cannot lie, I'm not 78 but I sometime feel like it when I get up in the morning.. Hmm maybe I'm in my 40's :smileywink:

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Please use plain text.
Message 1617 of 1,646 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2964 posts

Sep 30, 2012

Oh ok lol. Yeah I feel like that too sometimes. :manfrustrated:

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 1618 of 1,646 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1479 posts

Sep 30, 2012
Now I'm not old 14 IMO but honestly I feel like I'm a bit older than the rest mature and such and yes sometimes my age shows as with anyone but I agree there needs too be a more older crowd playing games. I want too ask the people who scold old people for playing games this little question? What's wrong with them playing games? There the same as us just more mature they like too have fun too! I used too play with my grandpa and I loved it! But I do think there are too many online brqts
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your statement is Invalid.
Please use plain text.
Message 1619 of 1,646 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Sep 30, 2012

Old-Man-Playing-Video-Games-44286.jpg

Who Keeps FREEZING ME !

Please use plain text.
Message 1620 of 1,646 (228 Views)
0 Likes