Feb 07 2012
By: MiiZzCheRrYy First Son 8 posts

Is there any active gay clubs on home?

28 replies 1112 views Edited Feb 7, 2012

Hello everyone i need some help. I have a friend who is 14 years young and who is gay. He's very shy, he would like to meet other people who are a part of the gay community on home as would i. I am bisexual. i only met a few lesbians but not many gay men or boys. My friend would like to have friends on home that can relate to him and understand.  If any one can please help Thank you.

Message 1 of 29 (1,112 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Re: Is there any active gay clubs on home?

Feb 7, 2012

Welcome to the Home community!

Unfortunately, you placed your first thread in the suggestions section. It may be difficult for others to find your topic. You may want to make a new thread in the main Home section if a Moderator does not find and move this thread in time.

Message 2 of 29 (1,112 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Feb 7, 2012

Thank you im new to this forum lol

Message 3 of 29 (1,112 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
418 posts

Feb 7, 2012

Moved! You are now in the correct forum space. -M.S.

Message 4 of 29 (1,112 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Feb 8, 2012

There's many of us gay folk in home, try looking in on this thread and see if there is anything or anyone of interest: http://community.us.playstation.com/message/30900397#30900397

Keep it off the activities board though, we don't need anyone coming back to the forums with horror stories!

Welcome to the forums!

Message 5 of 29 (1,112 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2201 posts

Feb 8, 2012

PS Home may not be the best choice for a young person exploring his sexuality. I know it's rampant there, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea. The biggest problem is filtering through what's real and what's not. It's best to just have fun in home and not try to "hook up" there.

Message 6 of 29 (1,112 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Feb 8, 2012

Yes, but it's ok to have friends in Home you can relate to and feel comfortable with. I'm very easy going and comfortable around most anyone but I'm an adult and I come to Home to play so that's all I'm thinking about but I highly agree though that if your looking for some sort of romantic relationship look elsewhere, Home is for game lovers only.

Message 7 of 29 (1,112 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1772 posts

Feb 8, 2012

Well I think this is a very touchy subject for the forums...and I think instead of looking for a particular group of people he should just try meeting people and make friends that way.  I do want to welcome him to Home and to be careful about who he meets and what he says so he can enjoy the good things about Home. 

Message 8 of 29 (1,112 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Feb 8, 2012

i don't want to sound like a jerk, but i can understand when people make threads like this...i can understand them wanting to meet people they can relate too. if i wanted to meet up with other black Home users that listen to heavy metal, would that be touchy?  i'd like to meet people that love to draw and enjoy anime. i'd like to meet people that love the 3 Stooges, or grew up in the 80's.

so why is it touchy when gay people want to meet up with other gay people? why should gay Home users NOT seek out a particular group? WE ALL pick a particular group of people we want to hang with because we can relate to them better.

anyway, gay or straight, be careful who you meet and never give out personal info about yourself (like where you live and phone numbers....some people do this). and gay or straight, although it really has no effect on my life, please folks, stop trying to hook up on Home. the Activity Board (some of the users events) is quite sad and hilarious and the same time. but that's just me.

"human contact is awesome, try it sometimes"
Message 9 of 29 (1,112 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4487 posts

Feb 8, 2012

I get along with all kinds of different types of people. But of me being a gaymer, I seem to have a closer connection with other gaymers. We can just relate more most of the time.

The thread that I linked above this, is a very big thread that most gaymers on Home have put their input into.

Check out SingStar public space. It's a friendly gaymer space (90% of the time).

YB

Message 10 of 29 (1,112 Views)
0 Likes