May 03 2007
By: JOEKILLA Sackboy 505 posts

Is the HOME world supposed to be HUGE?, I am guessing YES?

6 replies 9 views Edited May 3, 2007
I am guessing it will be a HUGE world?, I mean how the hell will MILLIONS of "homes" be in a small area?

I am guessing OBLIVION SIZE scale but it probably won't be.
Message 1 of 7 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1692 posts

Re: Is the HOME world supposed to be HUGE?, I am guessing YES?

May 3, 2007

j2kaos wrote:
I am guessing it will be a HUGE world?, I mean how the hell will MILLIONS of "homes" be in a small area?

I am guessing OBLIVION SIZE scale but it probably won't be.

not going to be like that at all........u wont be able to walk into a neighbor hood of houses......each house is set off by itself.....u have to get invited to it then u load that up.....

im not realesing beta info...im not in it yet....i just think that is how it will be.
Message 2 of 7 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
505 posts

May 3, 2007
Well you said it, you dont know so who knows perhaps the FINAL version this fall COULD be like that

Message Edited by j2kaos on 05-03-2007 12:58 PM
Message 3 of 7 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
549 posts

May 3, 2007
It is definately a possibility, but I don't think that's going to happen. Basically you're always being "Loaded" into the next area. Unlike oblivion where what you see is where you can go, there so far is no mention of an OUTSIDE world. Everything is inside. You go from one space to the next, which loads up a new room. From lounge to theatre. You can't actually SEE the theatre from the lounge. Same with the houses, they will be seperated from there and when you get invited to one, it will LOAD you into that persons house. To keep memory and lag issues down, it would be the smartest idea. Seeing how if you could walk up to 2 million users homes... the system wouldn't have enough memory, and it would lag down. IMO
Hopefully in time, they can start to ADD larger areas to roam... who knows where Home will go
stach
Message 4 of 7 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1943 posts

May 3, 2007
according to sony and the demo they showed at GDC u will have to be invited to a home and there will be a map that u can select where u wanna go (theater, main lobby, etc). its not an open world that u can roam around in outside, u must be "inside" something. however nontheless i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:
Message 5 of 7 (9 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13220 posts

May 3, 2007
It'll be like in the Tolkien books...very, very huge!
Message 6 of 7 (9 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
148 posts

May 3, 2007
Each "world" is going to only have like 60 people or something like that, who are selected primarily from your buddy list. I'm not sure about the number but I remember reading that from Sony somewhere. I would think of it as an innovative network community instead of an MMO.

Message Edited by Malpractice on 05-03-2007 04:10 PM
Message 7 of 7 (9 Views)
0 Likes