Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
1433 posts

Re: Is This Sony's Answer to Freezing?

Apr 17, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

I think it's kind of funny when people assume Sony can stop it.

You're beating a broken drum, trying to get Sony to fix it. Reporting it to moderators on here, doesn't solve your problem. They can only do so much, after all, they're forum mods. They're not developers, or actual Home moderators.

Sure, they can send reports into Sony developers. But, when it comes to third parties content getting used to abuse Home. Sony is pretty much dead in the water.

After all, it's not up to Sony to fix the coding of the content that is being used. You guys should check with these third parties instead.

There's also a reason why these type of threads don't last on this forum board. It's because they always end up being the same way, which I'm sure the forum moderation staff doesn't find constructive at all.

Also, what some people don't get on here. Fighting back against the freezers, mocking them,  even to blacklisting them may be some peoples ideal way to handle the situation. But really, what you're doing is putting a target on your back.

I'm sure it's no surprise that there's a lot more people that lurk this forum, than actually post.

How do you think these people find out about the events?

How do you think these people know when things are getting posted about them on this forum?

LOL  I quiver with fear.  To the little booger-eater offenders:  Bring it!

Posted Image
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 266 (426 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Digitman3 wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

You're beating a broken drum, trying to get Sony to fix it. Reporting it to moderators on here, doesn't solve your problem. They can only do so much, after all, they're forum mods. They're not developers, or actual Home moderators.

Sure, they can send reports into Sony developers. But, when it comes to third parties content getting used to abuse Home. Sony is pretty much dead in the water.

After all, it's not up to Sony to fix the coding of the content that is being used. You guys should check with these third parties instead.

There's also a reason why these type of threads don't last on this forum board. It's because they always end up being the same way, which I'm sure the forum moderation staff doesn't find constructive at all.

Also, what some people don't get on here. Fighting back against the freezers, mocking them,  even to blacklisting them may be some peoples ideal way to handle the situation. But really, what you're doing is putting a target on your back.

I'm sure it's no surprise that there's a lot more people that lurk this forum, than actually post.

How do you think these people know when things are getting posted about them on this forum?

LOL  I quiver with fear.  To the little booger-eater offenders:  Bring it!

Then prepare to get nothing accomplished, if you fight back against the abusers directly.

With that kind of attitude, there's a reason these kind of threads don't last.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 266 (412 Views)
Survivor
994 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Why is it so hard for Sony to understand that by banning Freezer accounts, and Permanuking their PS3's, it will stop this malarkey.

Banned account. and nuked PS3 users will tell their friends. People will come to understand there are consequences for their actions.

Sooner, or later, they will get tired of losing accounts, and/or having to buy new PS3's.

SMH at deleting threads, where people vent their frustration abount not only the Freezers, but at Sony itself for doing nothing about it.

Gee, Sony Baloney. Good way to get your Customers to feel worthwhile and appreciated.

Sony : Why do you give preferential treatment to a few bad users, and totally ignore the many good users?

Why can you not listen to the many good users, who are demanding that you ban / nuke the Freezers ?

The heck with Sony.

photo the_Lil.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 266 (388 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8639 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

You are right not only is it not Sony's job but Sony can not do anything to fix third partie spaces, items or clothes in Home. 

But on the other hand almost all bugs that we are talking about are Sony bugs and only Sony can fix them.  "ALL" freezing problems fall under Sony and if Sony wants to be known as a high quality company they have to fix them in a respectable amount of time which most of us feel has already come and gone.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 266 (377 Views)
Limit Breaker
16453 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Lil_The_Pill wrote:

Why is it so hard for Sony to understand that by banning Freezer accounts, and Permanuking their PS3's, it will stop this malarkey.

Banned account. and nuked PS3 users will tell their friends. People will come to understand there are consequences for their actions.

Sooner, or later, they will get tired of losing accounts, and/or having to buy new PS3's.

Sony : Why do you give preferential treatment to a few bad users, and totally ignore the many good users?

Why can you not listen to the many good users, who are demanding that you ban / nuke the Freezers ?

Considering a few of these users have in the past disrupted Julies Meet and greet and HCV forum parties and shoved it in forum users faces while laughing with frieds about it? I have no idea why moderation does not set policy and support those who pay the bills to a higher degree.

These abusers of the rules have it written all over Home and their virtual faces.

BOKBOK.png

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 266 (372 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

You are right not only is it not Sony's job but Sony can not do anything to fix third partie spaces, items or clothes in Home. 

But on the other hand almost all bugs that we are talking about are Sony bugs and only Sony can fix them.  "ALL" freezing problems fall under Sony and if Sony wants to be known as a high quality company they have to fix them in a respectable amount of time which most of us feel has already come and gone.

I don't think people are researching the freezing enough to know, it's not Sony products getting used.
Sony knows about freezing, I'm sure after all the past patches have came and gone to try to fix the issue. But see the thing is though, patches don't eliminate the problem. There's usually always another backdoor.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 266 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16453 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I think it's also important that those who are against freezing make a statement by not spending time with and befriending those who actually do it. That too sends a wrong message which isn't a good one when becoming social with the abusers is found to be just fine and dandy. 

Collective guilt, or guilt by association, is the controversial collectivist idea that a group of humans can bear guilt above and beyond the guilt of particular members,  an individual holds responsibility for what other members of his group have done, even if he himself has not done this. If I hang around friends who support shoplifting then others are going to think I support or that I am a shoplifter even if I do not.

"A man is known by the company he keeps and how well he keeps it." Basically, people know what kind of person you are by the friends that you have and how good of friends you are with those people. Assuming that people who are alike will hang out together.  This is common. It also can ruin ones reputation by hanging with those who do wrong.

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 266 (329 Views)
Sackboy
387 posts

Apr 17, 2013

I'm not going to pretend I know how the moderation process works on here or on home as I would only be guessing ,but I don't believe its the moderations fault that nothing has been done regarding this issue.

I only say this because I help on the EA forums as a Senior Moderator (yes ,I know very different lol), but there are issues that I run across all the time that I wish I could address in what seems to be the right thing to do BUT we have people we answer to and certain guidelines we must follow on EA's forums regarding posting and users who glitch ,exploit etc. while playing online so many times our hands get tied so to speak.

I am by no means saying these forums and home are anything simular to EA's but I just don't believe the moderation here just turns there back to this issue which i'm sure they know exists , I believe there's someone or something that prevents them from doing what we wish they could.

I do enjoy these forums and tip my hat to the moderation on the forums because they do seem to run very smoothly compared to others , I will also say there is very good community of users on these forums which always helps.

Just a couple of thoughts I had while reading the last thread and this one.

Twitter- @ALEXELWAY7

Youtube - ALEXELWAY
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 266 (325 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29119 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I think it's also important that those who are against freezing make a statement by not spending time with and befriending those who actually do it. That too sends a wrong message which isn't a good one when becoming social with the abusers is found to be just fine and dandy. 

Collective guilt, or guilt by association, is the controversial collectivist idea that a group of humans can bear guilt above and beyond the guilt of particular members,  an individual holds responsibility for what other members of his group have done, even if he himself has not done this. If I hang around friends who support shoplifting then others are going to think I support or that I am a shoplifter even if I do not.

"A man is known by the company he keeps and how well he keeps it." Basically, people know what kind of person you are by the friends that you have and how good of friends you are with those people. Assuming that people who are alike will hang out together.  This is common. It also can ruin ones reputation by hanging with those who do wrong.

This is certainly true.

My mother is pretty smart and she would always tell me as I grew up to "look at the friends someone keeps and that it will speak volumes about the person themselves". Yes one needs to take a stand about an issue like this and being friends with the offending parties is simply being part of the problem and not part of the solution.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 266 (294 Views)
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

Freezers

Apr 17, 2013

Okay so I did what I was supposed to. Contacted HomeForumMods and nothing happened. Those guys are at Peakvox Ninja as we speak. Still freezing the server! Seriously what do we have to do? You want my first born child? 

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 266 (417 Views)