Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
3152 posts

Re: Is BigFest Sony’s New PlayStation Home?

Jan 30, 2013

This sounds like a Game content Hub and 'Facebook for Gamers' more than Home Redux.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 45 (400 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8636 posts

Jan 30, 2013

LegoFire wrote:
Interesting Information, but I don't see the need to completely rebuild another Social Network when there already is one, unless it's a project due in a long period of time, and Sony is planning to make vast changes.

I just hope that Sony themselves keep up with this if it is to be released, and don't just give up on it in due time.

I think what some are assuming is that BigFest will be part of the PS4 and Home will stay and die with the PS3.

Back in the Closed Beta there was talk about a FaceBook like page for Home (only) users.  You would be able to play games post pic's right from Home onto your "HomeBook" and chage your status/profile.  Just like Facebook but only for Home users.  It was said to be ready from the first day of the OB but that never happen.  This sounds a lot like the Home webpage.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 45 (384 Views)
Wastelander
794 posts

Jan 30, 2013

ck2875 wrote:

This sounds like a Game content Hub and 'Facebook for Gamers' more than Home Redux.

Now wouldn't that be something....:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 45 (378 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29070 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 30, 2013

One has to wonder if Microsoft has anything planned for it's upcoming console generation that might be similar to Home. Phil Harrison does work for them now. 

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 45 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Jan 30, 2013

ck2875 wrote:

I agree.  My very first thought was "sounds like a Facebook style", which I think is a fantastic idea.  Something like this with Home could make social gaming more...social.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 45 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3322 posts

Jan 30, 2013

KatCall75 wrote:

ck2875 wrote:

I agree.  My very first thought was "sounds like a Facebook style", which I think is a fantastic idea.  Something like this with Home could make social gaming more...social.

Not really a fan of the whole "facebook style."  But yea, if it allows Home to be the social network that it originally wanted to be, then Im all for it.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 45 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Jan 30, 2013

HeavensLightfire wrote:

KatCall75 wrote:

ck2875 wrote:

Not really a fan of the whole "facebook style."  But yea, if it allows Home to be the social network that it originally wanted to be, then Im all for it.

I'm thinking it'll be a website that will allow everyone with a PSN account to make a profile, and to use said profile to search for likeminded gamers.  Being it's a Sony product, they should be able to use it to link directly to games, and it may offer more options based upon what games you're into.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 45 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4375 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 30, 2013

I may be totally off base here, but I don't think this has anything to do with Home.

It sounds to me like this will be either a new lobby like system for, or even the next iteration of, the Little Big Planet Franchise.

Be One With The Game.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 45 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
71 posts

Jan 30, 2013

The Juggernaut Valentines Pack and the Atom Party dance moves were instant buys for me.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 45 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9066 posts

Jan 30, 2013
^lolwut
Support Forums
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 45 (220 Views)
0 Likes