Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
1837 posts

Re: Internet Speed Effect Home?

Aug 28, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

You never heard of ATT Uverse?  Maybe it is just in the west but its the biggest thing except for comcast infinity.   They are giving me a special promotional rate for 6 months but they only go up to 6mbps.  The only reason I asked what you were paying is it seems I am paying too much if you are getting 20mbps.

Oops! Sorry :smileywink:

I live in Québec, Canada's french province on the east coast... 

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 24 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
2695 posts

Aug 28, 2013
I have ATT Elite. My connection is DSL over copper wire along with my phone. My download speeds vary fron 12 to 22mbs. These speeds vary throughout the day as the public demands on the infrastructure varies. You may possibly have an equipment or wiring issue. In my household, we sometimes have up to 3 ps3s online at once, netflix, COD and Home without problems. ATT Elite is a good service. But you must have them verify that you are getting what you pay for. Sometimes water from rain, etc can cause issues at the box where the phone lines enter the house. Mice or squirrels can damage wiring in the walls or attic. ATT Elite should easily handle 2 or more ps3s on Home at the same time.
Posted Image

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 24 (121 Views)
I Only Post Everything
519 posts

Aug 28, 2013
If 6MBPS is considered top-tier for any carrier you must live in either a very rural area or at the very least, far away from ATT's nearest serving central office. I would go back to Xfinity and see if they can meet you halfway on the price a get a pretty good speed. 6M isn't bad overall but you probably could do better. And Home is a pretty bandwidth-intensive application. Good luck.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 24 (109 Views)
I Only Post Everything
417 posts

Aug 29, 2013
Donna I live in Cali as well ( Bay Area ) and as much as I loath comcast im stuck with them as AT&T is not available in my particular area. In regards to speed I average 18 download and 9 upload, but contingent upon the surrounding usage in my area with the "boost" I pay an extra $10 bucks for at times my download has been 30+ and upload 19+. And as AT&T described to me when I was inquiring with them their "highest" tier was the lowest possible download meaning at times you may realize much higher performance. I can not confirm that, but that is how it was described by their rep to me. If you would like to know comcast's ridicules charges pm me and I'll tell you.
Brises_0000 wrote:
"The home community has blinders on" Neighhhhh
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 24 (85 Views)
0 Likes