Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 27 2013
By: AbysmalDawna Gaming Beast 1605 posts

Internet Speed Effect Home?

23 replies 403 views Edited Aug 27, 2013

I have internet that offers 4 different speeds.  Do the different speeds make a difference in the way Home behaves.  Right now I have the fastest but if I change and get a different speed will this effect the way Home works or Crackle?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 24 (403 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Re: Internet Speed Effect Home?

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2013

I know when my connection drops, home doesn't load as fast or even gets stuck on the www thing.

It could also affect your chat channels on home. You could be booted from clubs and such, because of a slower connection.

As for Crackle, buffering would probably take longer than on a faster speed.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 24 (389 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5903 posts

Aug 27, 2013

If you can play well with your current ISP and you are changing it to a lower speed then there should be no problem the only difference is that your downloads will take more time you can check what your speed of your ISP here

http://www.speedtest.net/

KANE-FIRE

Twitter  Welcoming Committee [INFO] Dust: An Elysian Tail[INFO] Final Fantasy Type-0 HD  [INFO] WWE2K15 [INFO] Resident Evil Revelations 2 [INFO] Resident Evil HD Youtube

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 24 (377 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4676 posts

Aug 27, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

I have internet that offers 4 different speeds.  Do the different speeds make a difference in the way Home behaves.  Right now I have the fastest but if I change and get a different speed will this effect the way Home works or Crackle?

If you have a fast speed why would you want to change it anyway and go to a slower one anyway. If you drop below 7 megs I think you will have issues. I use to run at 10 megs and it was fine. Now I am at 70 and buzz along fine.
sony playstation gif photo: Playstation. tumblr_m1ilz5Zv2H1qk2rgdo1_500_large.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 24 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1605 posts

Aug 27, 2013

Sweet2525 wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

If you have a fast speed why would you want to change it anyway and go to a slower one anyway. If you drop below 7 megs I think you will have issues. I use to run at 10 megs and it was fine. Now I am at 70 and buzz along fine.

Because right now I am getting a special promotion for highest speed.    I thought it was measured by MBPS?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 24 (359 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3631 posts

Aug 27, 2013
Internet speeds are measured in Kilobits, KiloBytes, Megabits, and MegaBytes.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 24 (342 Views)
Survivor
1837 posts

Aug 27, 2013

LightOfValkyrie wrote:

per seconds... 

Like miles... per hours

I recently switch from 10 Mbs to 20 Mbs. I did saw an improvement dowloading (not already in cache) spaces and maybe loading presets avi too. Didn't changed anything for loading Home itself, I think. This does'nt always take the same time as you probably alredy know.

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 24 (329 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3631 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2013

Dr_Do-Little wrote:

LightOfValkyrie wrote:

per seconds... 

Like miles... per hours

I know. I was just listing the four different bit rates. :smileytongue:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 24 (322 Views)
Gaming Beast
1605 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2013

Dr_Do-Little wrote:

LightOfValkyrie wrote:

per seconds... 

Like miles... per hours

I recently switch from 10 Mbs to 20 Mbs. I did saw an improvement dowloading (not already in cache) spaces and maybe loading presets avi too. Didn't changed anything for loading Home itself, I think. This does'nt always take the same time as you probably alredy know.

The highest tier on att is 6Mbps.   If you are getting 10 and then 20 how is this possible and how much are you paying if you dont mind me asking.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 24 (288 Views)
Survivor
1837 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2013

Eehhh.... Can you translate att?

Honestly i did'nt upgraded only for home and wasn't expecting any "benefit" on it.

As for how much I'm paying... I have a cable HDTV custom selection , phone and internet bundle and ... really none of your business.

<edit> Just did  an internet connection test wtih the PS3. So it's not theorics lies from provider or anything beyond the console possibilities...

18.1 Mbs download

2.6 Mbs upload

20mbs is far far from what I could get from cable, And optic fiber is just a village away....

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 24 (262 Views)
0 Likes