Survivor
1691 posts

Re: Inappropriate ID's

Oct 5, 2012

prettygirl1986 wrote:

Oh that's real good i can tell you must be a kid with a answer like that!

I am not naive to fall for childish, troll post.

"prettygirl1986?"

Come on. I've been on Home long enough to know you are a sexist troll.

And, yeah. These are public forums. You just have to learn to deal with smart *bleeps* like myself. :smileyhappy:

Message 11 of 33 (401 Views)
Monster Hunter
29 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Last time i get on here and ask a intelligent question OMG!

Message 12 of 33 (390 Views)
Splicer
45 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Usernames with references to Final Fantasy and tiny cakes that come in cups offend me greatly.
Message 13 of 33 (354 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
7916 posts

Oct 5, 2012

MoogleCupcake wrote:
Usernames with references to Final Fantasy and tiny cakes that come in cups offend me greatly.

Self-deprecating humor is lost on the sheep I'm afraid.

Message 14 of 33 (349 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Oct 5, 2012

It's not just you most adults would be offended by some of the trash that is out there. I always report them and not just in home C O D is full of  kids who have no morals. Not only is it offencive to me but I dont want my kids reading the filth that this scum has put up there.

Message 15 of 33 (328 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
26497 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

If you believe an name to be offensive or inappropriate in Home, do report it by pressing Select and scrolling down to the report option.

At anytime when playing an online game, if you come across an inappropriate or offensive name, if the game has no report function, you can report by using the ComplaintForm. I suggest Bookmarking it for quick and easy access.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 16 of 33 (290 Views)
Survivor
2062 posts

Oct 5, 2012

People who create offensive usernames are doing it to cause a reaction because it amuses them. If you refuse to react then they have failed. These are obviously kids who have not outgrown their interest in "potty humor".

There isn't much I see that can really offend me. You can hear language just as bad on any school yard. Not that it's ok, but to a certain extent language can only offend you as much as you allow it to. The language filter in home doesn't seem to work the same way with usernames. But if something is against the TOS, report it. When a username is offensive there is really nothing else Sony can do except cancel the account. They can't exactly suspend the account temporarily, then allow the offensive name to return. I have seen certain names seem to disappear forever. But Sony will never tell you what action they have taken - if any.

Message 17 of 33 (384 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1045 posts

Oct 5, 2012
I see that all the time on home some had a I'd as hate speech it was offense I can't really say it on here and cant believe people are so hateful in this world. I report him.

Message 18 of 33 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Yup I agree, its basically something that the offended person has to live with. I've seen some pretty raunchy ID's, but its not really causing my eyelids to bleed or anything and its not anything different than a person could expect to hear outdoors in real life.

So in reality its not much you can expect since Home is offered to a broad range of demographics. To report or simply ignore and move on is entirely your option but that might not bring much comfort if you're easily offended.

Message 19 of 33 (347 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
33057 posts

Oct 5, 2012

MoogleCupcake wrote:

xX420_S3ph1rothSn1per3liteSwagSwag5wagGang5t3r_420Xx is for more offensive than any sexist remark, racial slur or bad word.

Message 20 of 33 (335 Views)